What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

Gronk

Staff member
Finch set to move on

Jul 19, 2006

Parramatta is firming as Brett Finch's NRL destination for next season after his manager confirmed the Sydney Roosters were trying to offload him for next year.

Despite being contracted for 2007 and constant denials from the Roosters, Finch has fallen out of favour at the club and is unlikely to be at Bondi Junction next season.

"The club has given him permission to look about on the proviso he gets back to them with any offers," said Finch's manager, Steve Gillis.

"Whether or not he takes advantage of that and anyone comes up with a reasonable offer, there are a few things to weigh up.

"It's a matter of working out what's best for him.

"We'll go through the process through the next week or so and see what comes about."

Finch was the hero after potting the winning field goal during NSW's State of Origin game I win over Queensland, but has had a massive fall from grace since.

The 24-year-old was dumped after a poor performance in Origin II and played just 18 minutes during the Roosters' win over Cronulla after coming off the interchange bench.

Parramatta, who are looking for a five-eighth following the loss of Wests Tigers-bound utility John Morris next season, have expressed an interest in Finch and is the team most likely to snare him.

However, Gillis indicated several other clubs were circling, with Brisbane understood to be one of them.

And North Queensland halfback Brett Firman, who is also on the outer at the Townsville club, is likely to get a release from the final year of his three-year deal.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/791494

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I read the other day w would have to pay out his contract with the chooks, whihc was reportedly $180,000.

That, to me, is too much.

We would have been better off keeping Morris.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Gettind rid of moriss to sign brett finch....

OMG the club has stooped to a new low and deseprate attempt to sign finch.

Moriss is 100 times better than finch and more consistent aswell.

How can you honestly look at the parra team as our beloved team with brett finch in the halves?????? I mean seriosly!!!!

We will be beaten week in and week out with that pair listed below we nned experience in the halves.

6. finch
7. t smith

And people bagged Johnny Moriss and now we llok set for finch what a total embrrassment

fridge

i somehow remember finch being on 220k a year.

i remember a lot of teams chased him from the raiders and that's the figure i remember :(

Moggles

Juniors
I do not care how good the guy can or can't play, From what I have noticed when I have seen him play, he has the wrong attitude for Parramatta.

Parra consists of players who let their actions speak for them. Brett Finch to me seems like a spoiled little brat who is way too big for his boots.

He just doesn't have Parramattitude.

bartman

Immortal
Surely he can't be a worse buy for us than Adam Dykes proved to be.

Interesting that Firman may become available and another option. Might mean that each player keeps their price down to make sure they don't miss out on an offer altogether.

Daneel

Bench
bartman said:
Surely he can't be a worse buy for us than Adam Dykes proved to be.

Interesting that Firman may become available and another option. Might mean that each player keeps their price down to make sure they don't miss out on an offer altogether.

If it is a choice between Firman and Finch, i would hate to say it but i think i would take finch.

skeepe

Immortal
To whoever it was who said Finch was liked at Canberra, but only despised after he decided to leave, you have no idea.

Finch was never liked here. He was arrogant, and dumb. The reason we started to dislike Finch was the fact that time and again, with the game on the line, he would find some way to give it to the opposition through poor decision making. Nothing has changed at the Roosters.

Oh and he never won a grand final... he joined the Roosters in 2003.

Agent Mulder

Bench
jayjayselmes said:
Gettind rid of moriss to sign brett finch....

OMG the club has stooped to a new low and deseprate attempt to sign finch.

Moriss is 100 times better than finch and more consistent aswell.

How can you honestly look at the parra team as our beloved team with brett finch in the halves?????? I mean seriosly!!!!

We will be beaten week in and week out with that pair listed below we nned experience in the halves.

6. finch
7. t smith

And people bagged Johnny Moriss and now we llok set for finch what a total embrrassment

Huh? I make more sense drunk then you do when your sober, There isn't much out there on the market, We won't get Lyon, Hill or even Nate Myles, We missed out on Mark Minichello as well, Signing Finch doesnt mean we are signing him for the sake just to sign someone.

Hagan must see something in him, I can see him making a fist of it at Parramatta, Usually Ex-Rooster players blossom here at Parramatta, Im willing to give Brett Finch a chance, Im not his biggest fan, I can't stand the guy but he needs a change and i think Parramatta are doing the right thing in signing him up, If it doesn't work, It doesnt work, We didn't resign Blake Green for nothing, John Morris isn't a 5/8th and i feel Brett Finch has a better kicking game then Morris, Something Parra have lacked for the past few seasons, I'd Be happy with Finch and a couple of other minor signings for depth, Go back and find my thread "No Big Name signings? I don't think we need them" i still think thats a very strong squad that can finish in the top 4.

GAMEFIRST

Juniors
Daneel said:
If it is a choice between Firman and Finch, i would hate to say it but i think i would take finch.

In life there is a saying- "don't temp fate"

If we sign Brett Finch, i would say its tempting fate, with odds against us well and truly!

His decision making, maturity and attitude on the actual playing field is poor and for the money-200k, we could get FIRMAN and another up and comer.

If we could get him for under 100k, well & good as that all he is worth.

cardinal

Juniors
skeepe said:
To whoever it was who said Finch was liked at Canberra, but only despised after he decided to leave, you have no idea.

Finch was never liked here. He was arrogant, and dumb. The reason we started to dislike Finch was the fact that time and again, with the game on the line, he would find some way to give it to the opposition through poor decision making. Nothing has changed at the Roosters.

Your right he never won a grand final, sounds like you canberra fans are not over the fact he left you as you are on the parra site looking for info on him. Maybe you'd like him back with the rate of players leaving the raiders. Canberra will be locked in a battle royal with souths for the wooden spoon next year. He may not of been liked but you guys certainly considered him the next big thing.

1) Weren't Canberra supposed to win the wooden spoon this year? How's that going? Never underestimate a Canberra squad - they have the biggest hearts in the game.

2) I'm ambivalent on Finch. Have seen him play some wonderful games, have seen him play some terrible games. I honestly think it will come down to Hagan as to how he goes if he moves over here.

Phillips

Referee
cardinal said:
Canberra will be locked in a battle royal with souths for the wooden spoon next year

i wouldnt be starting with raiders fans...

look where they are on the ladder comnpared to us

cardinal

Juniors
The season is not over yet, we will be in the finals but they wont. Heart only gets you so far jason smith and clinton have won so many games off there own talent its not funny, heart wont replace that in a hurry.

eelsta

Bench
skeepe said:

Have no idea say's you the fool that said hindy was an overrated thug:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I saw Finch win a number of games for Canberra, i also remember well the way Canberra fans cried when Finch signed with the Roosters.

Finch was what 20? when he was halfback at Canberra, he played very well when he was down there, something happened though?

Latest posts