What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

D

Deleted member 10972

G'day i'm a Roosters fan, & i think, as much as the majority of y'all believe it is bad, it might benefit your club. Finch tries to run the plays but is awful at it, however if he is partnered with someone like Tim Smith who grabs the game by the horns, it might be a perfect combination. Similar to Kidley, a garbage player but gets plenty of try assists & wraps due to Knights having a dominant half. Similar with Lincoln Withers, who is pretty much an impact hooker, being able to successfully play halfback competently due to Jason Smith running the show. People though Finch at 5-8th was a failure due to last time he played there, but his halves partner was the ever-hopeless Firman, who is no better than Finchy.

Heads up boys, it might be a better buy than you think. And if worse comes to worse, he is still a better hooker than Riddell :p.

eel4life

Juniors
If we get this mess of a player it will be worse than watching Paul Cariage play for parra.

WHY O WHY O WHY PARRA ??????

oneguy

Juniors
Given we've lost Jeremy Smith and John Morris next season - to have someone like Finch would be OK. Let's just hope it was for reasonably cheap $$$. I agree give Green a go, but if there's injury or loss of form, Finch may be good. A change of club may do the trick. Look at some of the ex-Eels that kicked on upon joining another club.

eelsta

Bench
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
G'day i'm a Roosters fan, & i think, as much as the majority of y'all believe it is bad, it might benefit your club. Finch tries to run the plays but is awful at it, however if he is partnered with someone like Tim Smith who grabs the game by the horns, it might be a perfect combination. Similar to Kidley, a garbage player but gets plenty of try assists & wraps due to Knights having a dominant half. Similar with Lincoln Withers, who is pretty much an impact hooker, being able to successfully play halfback competently due to Jason Smith running the show. People though Finch at 5-8th was a failure due to last time he played there, but his halves partner was the ever-hopeless Firman, who is no better than Finchy.

Heads up boys, it might be a better buy than you think. And if worse comes to worse, he is still a better hooker than Riddell :p.

well thats very refreshing to hear a roosters fan not bagging finch, if he comes here i wish him well as i've never been a finch basher and couldnt really get why people hate him so much

Kornstar

Coach
If we are buying Finch for P/L then i have no problem at all, if were are buying him for 5/8th, we are screwed!!!!

Utey

Coach
theres no need to act suicidal!

if he comes, then so be it. I have total faith in Hages.

strider

Post Whore
Even if we have lots of money to spend - we really shouldn't be throwing it at guys long term .... if we had $1m to spend and no one to spend it on I'd be happy to throw $500K at some quality experienced player for just one season - but a younger player is gonna be looking at more than 1 season surely

otag

Juniors
i feel for the supporters of any club that he goes to.
ive read about him being linked to both the panthers and the eels. but that panthers made a statement on friday slamming danny weidler's claim. so it seems the eels are hot on finch's heels! good luck guys.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I agree we need a five-eighth but if they're going to go after Finch, why didn't they sign Hill? The Roosters have Finch on good money and you'd imagine we'd have to take the whole contract, that money could be better spent on.. ANYTHING! Give everyone a pay rise! Sign a monkey to entertain the crowd before games! Pay Souths a bonus to release Jason Taylor back to us! Anything is better than bloody Finch!

He is a rotten little rat, I've never booed an Eels player but I don't think I could help myself if he played for us.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Just Sign bloody Monas. HE is alot better than Finch and a great clubman. Manly are being traitrs to him. They had him and then bought orford as well, and now lyon. He must be feeling quite bad.

CrazyEel

Bench
Oh well, looks like we are getting the “name” signing many have been asking for... OMG :shock: #-o :lol:

mickdo

Coach
Man this sucks. We win 4 in a row and then have to spoil all the good news with something like this #-o