What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan or Bennett

redv13

Bench
We have a perfect candidate ready to go who has no team to coach this year. Matt Head, come on down!!!!! Surely it’s him way b4 Deano?? Then hopefully Flanno from the start of 2021 if they start quiet discussions with V’Landys considering jerk face Greenberg is now long gone

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Its only a rumour, but a reliable poster has heard next year will be Bennett with Dean Y as assistant.
Lets see.
Hopefully if the rumours grow stronger Wayne may get an early release at the Rabbits to start building with us. He may not necessarily win the GF but there will be no repeats of that Warriors game. I would also love to see what he does with Lomax, Ramsey, Saab and Sullivan in particular.

hazzbeen

Bench
Noone , we tried to get him as a player but was stuck at the Airport with Rangi so it Noone for me ..... Let's just get rid of Supa Dupa coach first .....

Smurf

Juniors
Would you rather the NRL relax the ban on Flanno and have him take over say round 6 signed to a 3 year deal or let Mary see out the year which is a nothing year anyway imo and sign up Bennett for 2021? I personally would prefer Bennett as I believe he has the patience to get the most out of our juniors and also has the pulling power to get us some decent players. Ultimately I would like Shep or Matt Head to take over for the year while we await Bennett. Thoughts?

Mate , I would have you coaching if it meant getting rid of Macgregor

Last edited:

Smirrors

Juniors
I think Bennett would be a really good interim coach for this year and next. His job would be to right the ship, bring some pride into the V, reset players mentally. The only condition is that he comes on board knowing that his job is to right the ship, not take it forward.

Coaches like Dean Pay and Justin Holbrook are victims of coming on board when its a disaster and they will always use that as en excuse. If anything Mary was the same. Dont want history repeating itself.

Whatever coach comes in 2022 should have a cleaner slate.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I think Bennett would be a really good interim coach for this year and next. His job would be to right the ship, bring some pride into the V, reset players mentally. The only condition is that he comes on board knowing that his job is to right the ship, not take it forward.

Coaches like Dean Pay and Justin Holbrook are victims of coming on board when its a disaster and they will always use that as en excuse. If anything Mary was the same. Dont want history repeating itself.

Whatever coach comes in 2022 should have a cleaner slate.
Rumours rife up here QLD that Bennett will be in charge of the Dolphins if they get the nod as the 2nd Brisbane team ........
May put paid to the Dragons yarn....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Rumours rife up here QLD that Bennett will be in charge of the Dolphins if they get the nod as the 2nd Brisbane team ........
May put paid to the Dragons yarn....
I don't know if adding second Brisbane team is the way to go right at this point straight after C-19, I know there has been talk but its some way away imo. If there was to be one I reckon a team has to go to accomodate them. The gulf is already too large between the haves Rorters and the have nots the Titans in terms of talent. Cant they concentrate on trying to get the Titans firing first and if not get rid of them?

St Georgio

Juniors
Wayne Bennett for me, his sides are always highly competitive
If talking Now Anthony Griffin, he will get the best out of Hunt and Norman.
2nd Option Would be Shaun Wane.

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
IMO the boards choice and the dark horse here is Fitzgibbon, a junior, living locally still but plying his trade at the Roosters...could be available in 2021 based on an early release from his contract...If Mcgregor goes early which is really on the cards now w looming board meeting then Shepherd or Head may take over till the end of year..

Makes a lot of sense .

TruSaint

Referee
I can live with that, would like 2 years at least

2 years to see what Wayne could do.
A new challenge for him, the split with BNE and the deal at Souths hasnt worked. It will give the old man a crack at another new venture. By then maybe a new prospect will be available, but for 2 years atleast we will be competitive.

Dragonsamy

Bench
2 years to see what Wayne could do.
A new challenge for him, the split with BNE and the deal at Souths hasnt worked. It will give the old man a crack at another new venture. By then maybe a new prospect will be available, but for 2 years atleast we will be competitive.

100% correct , we would not give up like last week *( and I'm not taking anything away from the warriors) , that was a gutsy win.

Dragonsamy

Bench
10 years of being under 2 novice coaches is enough.

We need experience. I like Fitzgibbon and I like Ryles as they both have been under top coaches. But now we need a hard head with a record.

Wayne for me.

True I have heard and CC also said that certain members if the will not let this happen with Benny coming back. But Fitz would be great
I hope it does happen but.