What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau wants AFL to thrive

Brutus

Referee
Honestly i take it with a grain of salt.

Folau is surrounded by journalists, probably scared to death, trying to think of something intelligent to say but ends up saying something stupid and something that probably doesn't reflect his true thoughts.

Its similar to stories around Origin time such as "HODGES READY TO FIGHT". Justin doesn't actually proactively come out and explicitly state hes gonna bring the biff. Its more so a journalist who asks a carefully constructed and bias question in order to get the intended response to use in a sh*tty puff piece in the next days paper.

Folau doesn't wake up one day and go "IM GONNA BASH NRL AND GIVE AFL A NICE ENDORSEMENT"

I'm sure everyone knows this. Mainstream media like to sensationalize things and blow lame events out of proportion.

Nothing to sensationalize, his comments are there for all to see.

It doesn't even need a headline. It's all in the quotes.

It will be interesting to see if Gallop and co. make him change his mind when he gets asked about it again soon.

What happened to freedom of speech?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What a f**king moron!!! He hopes the code he plays fors biggest threat does well :crazy: Always thought he was dumb as dogsh*t.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
If you bagged your employer, would you expect them to say "Its all good. Freedom of speech and all that"

El Diablo

Post Whore
What a f**king moron!!! He hopes the code he plays fors biggest threat does well :crazy: Always thought he was dumb as dogsh*t.

not does well

he said he wants to see AFL become the most popular sport in Western Sydney

alexc

lol what an idiot. No doubt the media people at the broncs and NRL will be giving him a lesson on how to not display down syndrome in public.

Gaba

First Grade
I am glad they have a transcript of the interview. I just saw it and he must have gone to the same school as Inglis, sounds like grunts at best. You listen to an ape and it speaks more clearly.
:lol::lol:

Gaba

First Grade
I think folau knows you dont have to tackle in afl,because he cant tackle for sh*t, and you dont have to do much running all the time.

Lazy game for a lazy person

Stagger eel

Staff member
Thats harsh.

Issy is a nice fella and quite innocent, too much so !!

this is hypocracy gone mad....

you f**kwitts wouldn't let Fitzy get away with such an innocent throw away line..

VictoryFC

Bench
Just goes to show that players aren't as one eyed. Its quite amazing how many professional sportsmen across the world attend and have a following for other sports. They might be the only sane ones. That said, his choice of wording is strange. Although the guy is clearly missing a few braincells, judging from his interviews in the past.

Canard

Immortal

this is hypocracy gone mad....

you f**kwitts wouldn't let Fitzy get away with such an innocent throw away line..

Your honestly comparing a 22(?) year old kid, to a 50 something CEO(at the time) of a Football club???

How many people on this thread have "let him get away with it??"

The words universal condemnation come to mind!

shear_joy9

Coach
the one trick pony is made for afl; jump+catch

plus he's a mormon so he was already behind the 8-ball to begin with.

typicalfan

Coach
Yeah Israel Folau and Denis Fitzgerald can be seen in the same idiot pen. One is finally gone from the game and can open the door for the other if they want to go

Loudstrat

Coach
I'm sure a 22 year old rabbi wouldn't be saying that he hopes Islam does really well in Tel Aviv.