What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For people who dislike the Melbourne Storm football club

Kurt200

Juniors
no, the defenders objective is to get the player with the ball on their back to slow the play the ball right? every team does it. cayless was just unlucky he landed awkwardly.

FFS...I don't give a rats if you all hate Storm...that is your preference.

Storm are my team of choice and will always be.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I don't hate the Storm.

If they stop their disgraceful tactics, get back to playing football, can get a decent fan base that turn up to games that aren't Prelim Finals, create some decent juniors, and stop bleating about how everyone hates them for no good reason, then I will actually like them.

_Johnsy

Referee
Dani said:
Watch out, people are re-using 5 year old jokes.

What, compared to the "get over 99" barb, thats more than 8 years now. But hey, thats ok, you're melbourne.

Fathead

Bench
Its official - The storm are now the most hated team in Australia.

Why -
Maybe its because of the tall poppy syndrome but I think its more to do with Australians deep rooted sense of fair play. We dont need journos and paper talk to show us what we see every week and that is the extraordinary leniency of referees esp in Melbourne. The extraordinary patience of the NRL powerbrokers regarding thier often illegal tackling techniques.

Whilst Im all for NRL success in Victoria - It shouldnt come at a cost of sacrificing the common good, the cornerstone of our game - that is fair play.

If all is even in this world - The storm players will be crying again on Sunday night.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am almost expecting phil to break into song any minute, cue (Moving pictures, what about me)............

macavity

Referee
philstorm said:
At least our culture doesn't involve our greatest every player being a drug user.

Explains the hype.

:roll:

no, instead it involved pillaging other clubs' juniors, killing clubs to get a head start, sucking on the nipple of NewsLtd, and ripping opponents heads off

some high horse you have there

be interested to see how you go in a few years time without Peter "offer them double" O'Sullivan doing the raping for you

split the comp into two groups - 1 sydney based and 1 out of sydney based which should include the merged souths/norths and central coast playing as Norths Central Coast Rabbitohs.

Teams will play teams in their group twice and the other group once with the top 8 made up of the top 4 from each group based on their season comp points tally.

The final series will be 5 weeks and be as follows

G1 - Sydney teams - G2- out of Sydney teams

Week 1

A (G1) 1 V (G2) 2
B (G1) 2 V (G2) 1 Winners to week 3 - losers to week 2

C(G1) 3 V (G2) 4
D(G1) 4 V (G2) 3 Winners to week 2 - losers eliminated

Week 2

E - Loser of A V Winner of D
F- Loser of B V Winer of C - Winners to week 3 - losers eliminated

Week 3

G-Winner A V Winner B - Winner to G/F WEEK 5 - LOSER TO FINAL WEEK 4

H- Winner E V Winner F - Winner to week 4 - loser elimated

Week 4

I - Loser G V Winner H - Winner to G/F WEEK 5 - LOSER ELIMINATED

Week 5

Winner G V Winner I

As i said the comp is declining in quality and needs revamping as this has been the worst season and worst final series ever.

mickdo

Coach
philstorm said:
That's all well and good. It's perfectly fine to dislike a football club, but i'm personally sick to f**king death of teams, journalists, fans and commentators coming out every second week and accusing the Storm of something or the other.
If your scum club didn't keep developing these disgusting tactics to try and deliberately injure opponents then there would be nothing to accuse you of

Shorty

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:
I don't hate the Storm.

If they stop their disgraceful tactics, get back to playing football, can get a decent fan base that turn up to games that aren't Prelim Finals, create some decent juniors, and stop bleating about how everyone hates them for no good reason, then I will actually like them.
Ditto.

Stormboyz

Juniors
macavity said:
:roll:

no, instead it involved pillaging other clubs' juniors, killing clubs to get a head start, sucking on the nipple of NewsLtd, and ripping opponents heads off

some high horse you have there

be interested to see how you go in a few years time without Peter "offer them double" O'Sullivan doing the raping for you
So if we were crap like Newcastle, would you like us more?

philstorm

Juniors
Hahaha. Now the salary cap whinge comes out.

Don't let the knowlede that we've let go of International Rep players in Hill, King and Webster, not to mention Orford, Crossman, Cross, Bell, Barlett, Donnelly and Aubusson hit you on the way out.

Stormboyz

Juniors
Jealousy.
You can't get it around your feeble little minds that the NRL is actually the National Rugby League. By all means revert back to the NSW&QRL, but in the process watch the game die a quick, agonising death.
Believe it or not I do know how you all feel.
As an avid AFL follower as well, I hated the WA and SA teams with a passion only two or three years ago. And don't get me started on the handouts and salary cap concessions that the Swans and Brisbane receieved. Being propped up at the expense of South Melbourne and Fitzroy made me sick.
But then I realised that it's a national comp and for the sport to have ANY credibility whatsoever, the teams away from the heartland (in this case Melbourne) need to surive and actually belong in the code. The AFL is better for having teams in NSW and Q'land. The picture is complete.
One day maybe, the tide will turn and you will wake up to the fact that at the very least you need a strong team in Australia's 2nd largest city. And the picture won't truly be complete until Perth get their side back and one day, Adelaide.
Until then enjoy being insular and insecure. If the Storm one day fold, then it's rugby league who will be loser and you'll realise why but it will be too late.

_Johnsy

Referee
philstorm said:
Hahaha. Now the salary cap whinge comes out.

Don't let the knowlede that we've let go of International Rep players in Hill, King and Webster, not to mention Orford, Crossman, Cross, Bell, Barlett, Donnelly and Aubusson hit you on the way out.

Those two players fee up a bit of money, the others not much at all. I suppose it helps when you sign them young on long term deals on not much $$ at all. More than lkely VG club management.

_Johnsy

Referee
Stormboyz said:
Jealousy.
You can't get it around your feeble little minds that the NRL is actually the National Rugby League. By all means revert back to the NSW&QRL, but in the process watch the game die a quick, agonising death.
Believe it or not I do know how you all feel.
As an avid AFL follower as well, I hated the WA and SA teams with a passion only two or three years ago. And don't get me started on the handouts and salary cap concessions that the Swans and Brisbane receieved. Being propped up at the expense of South Melbourne and Fitzroy made me sick.
But then I realised that it's a national comp and for the sport to have ANY credibility whatsoever, the teams away from the heartland (in this case Melbourne) need to surive and actually belong in the code. The AFL is better for having teams in NSW and Q'land. The picture is complete.
One day maybe, the tide will turn and you will wake up to the fact that at the very least you need a strong team in Australia's 2nd largest city. And the picture won't truly be complete until Perth get their side back and one day, Adelaide.
Until then enjoy being insular and insecure. If the Storm one day fold, then it's rugby league who will be loser and you'll realise why but it will be too late.

This comiong from an AFL stooge who lives in Victoria. AFL do their best to protect their players at all costs. If the insular barb was warranted fair enough, but really mate, you live in a glass house.

The Colonel

Immortal
Very unlikely the Storm are over the cap but it will come and bite them soon with the talent of the players coming through. If Folau takes the two years off he is expected to probably not so much but like any successful club of recent years it will eventually take a toll.

Stormboyz

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
This comiong from an AFL stooge who lives in Victoria. AFL do their best to protect their players at all costs. If the insular barb was warranted fair enough, but really mate, you live in a glass house.
You don't get it do you?
Read my post. I was once insular and insecure just like you said and then I realised that there was no need to be.