What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum 7's Awards On Now.

Pistol

Coach
and an even bigger thankyou for the listeners who actually stayed when I sang

I had one request to go on IDOL

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Finding a couple more. I'm sure Bubbles is a current player as well.

17 is the number Jes.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You have a very good voice Pistol. Can't believe you haven't been offered a recording contract.

I urge you to sing in public as often as possible.

Pistol

Coach
You have a very good voice Pistol. Can't believe you haven't been offered a recording contract.

I urge you to sing in public as often as possible.

:lol:

manys a karoke night i've heard the same thing

that or "you've got a voice like a goose farting in the fog"

i'll go with the former

Titanic

First Grade
On behalf of the Titans: "this season has been a a fine blend of competition, humour and surprise - thank you all for making it so".

On a personal note: "I have only the utmost respect for the guys who have done this for years - to repeatedly come up with unique slants on our great game is in itself a real challenge."

Thanks to all involved - I will look forward to downloading the event as this message was the last straw " Broadcast unavailable. 'totalsport' is not broadcasting on our system at the moment. Please try again later." Laugh out loud - thanks for the memories.

bartman

Immortal
Looks like I missed a good one - looking forward to hearing the show on delay on the weekend or when the file's ready...

Congrats to all involved, and congrats to all the winners. AND congrats to everyone who makes Forum 7s happen - all the players each and every fortnight, the refs of course, the admins, the readers. Long may it prosper.

bartman

Immortal
Eels-MVP.gif

Congratulations to all the winners so far, especially MITS. Thoroughly deserved.

Dean

Indeed. Well done MITS :clap:

Titan Uranus

Juniors
I logged in at 7:30pm sharp only to find it had all finished. Oh ... 7:30pm Sydney time, not Beijing time, right that'll explain it then.

Spent the last half hour trawling through the thread.

Thank you very much for my People's Choice award although I suspect that's largely due to my team-mates so I'll thank Pistol for nominating me for it in the first place.

Thank you for the congratulations for that and 2nd in the BP Points.

Thanks to everyone actually, except Amadean, he's a b'stard. I could've been 1st in the BP points and got MVP for the Titans. Well there's always next year.

Congratulations to all winners. Good to see Pistol get all his hard work rewarded. Yes I know that's twice I've mentioned him, I know. The same goes for the Cougars' and Bartman' hard work. I'm glad to see that the coolest man in F7s, Mr Sunglasses himself, didn't go home empty-handed.

Finally thanks to all my team-mates (except that bugger Amadean) for an interesting first season - it's been emotional.

bartman

Immortal
2. Of the 9 Forum Sevens clubs in 2008, how many have competed consistently in Forum Sevens for the past five seasons (2004 to 2008)?
4 (Bluebags, Eels, Panthers, Rabbitohs)
That surprises me... I hadn't really been tracking the teams longevity. A little more incentive for the Eels machine to keep it ticking on over for a 6th consecutive year...

* blushes * Very honoured to be thought of in that light, and in that company - and completely unexpected. Thanks refs!

Thoroughly well deserved, king sir. Turned around the Eels and pushed them high. Very, very impressive! :clap:
* blushes again * Mostly because the Eels operate a fairly flat hierarchy and everyone plays their part - special mention to VG, Gol and eE who all would have been there carrying the flag except for various personal circumstances. And special mention to the dedicated playing squad - hard working debutante Dean and score average leader miniH brought in the fresh energy we really needed, the ongoing contribution and readiness of MITS has been noted above, and Bubbles and PrinceCharles came through with the goods when they could.

None of the above three circumstances would have gained mention on awards night were it not for the efforts of the whole Eels squad through the year. Cheers guys and gals! :clap:

roosterboy60

Juniors
Firstly, well done to all the Award Winners tonight. All very much derserved.

Also a big thank you to all who tuned in tonight or will hear the Podcast in coming days - I hope you enjoyed it as it was fun bringing it to you.

Thanks to everyone at LU as well for keeping this game going as strong as ever. Thanks again everyone, we really appreciate your support.

Dave Q

Coach
At work until 12.03am, doing something for a concreter so I couldnt bludge.....subsequently missed the whole thing, that would be my luck.

This celebration of F7's, yes, I would subscribe to that.

The longer one posts on LU, the greater one appreciates the F7's and
the stories that have enriched our enjoyment of the game.

Certainly there have been times this year when I have thought that the
the F7's was the only thing worth reading and engaging in on LU.

Long live imagination, arguments for the sake of arguments and the F7 family. A depraved and dysfunctional one, but a family nonethless.*

*concept stolen from George Orwell!

No idea of how many words above, how many are misspelt, or why I am not asleep!

Jesbass

First Grade
Sorry, all. My internet died just as Pistol warmed up his vocal chords. Coincidence? :lol:

I can finally post up the final answers - sorry for such a delay!

In The Middle(ton) With Jesbass

1. Only two current players have played for more clubs than anyone else on the current Forum Sevens playing roster. Who are the two players?
Black Kitty (Lions, Cougars, Knights, Bluebags) and Misanthrope (Easts, Dirty Reds, Knights, Warriors)

2. Of the 9 Forum Sevens clubs in 2008, how many have competed consistently in Forum Sevens for the past five seasons (2004 to 2008)?

3. Since the inception of 100 point articles, (season 2005), what is the longest individual streak of POTM performances?
Gorilla won 4 consecutive POTMs (2007 Grand Final, 2008 Rounds 1, 2, and 6)

4. Who is the only player in Forum Sevens history to captain a State Of Origin side in their debut season?
Pistol debuted in round 1, 2005 and captained Queensland against New South Wales that same year.

5. There are 3 players who have made their competitive debuts 'from the country', representing country before club. Two did so in the same match. Which match?
Red Bear (formerly known as GoTheBears) and Jesbass both made their debuts in the third Tri-Nations match in 2005, representing Great Britain and New Zealand respectively.

6. Who is the only player to win the annual BP Player Of The Year Award more than once?
Thierry Henry won the award in both 2004 and 2005 while playing for the Pirates.

7. How many times has the Premiership been won by a team other than the Minor Premiers?
Three times (Bluebags in 2004, Pirates in 2005, Titans in 2008)

8. Of the 16 NRL clubs in 2008, how many have not been represented in the Forum Sevens competition at one stage or another?
3 (Cowboys, Sea Eagles, Storm)

9. Which current player has received the earliest recorded perfect score?
Gorilla received a perfect 10, (the equivalent to 100 in 2008), in Round 5 of 2003.

10. Excluding the 2008 season, how many current players have made 10 or more appearances throughout any given season?
8 (Willow has done this 3 times; bartman, eloquentEEL, Everlovin' Antichrist, Goleel, Jesbass, Pistol, and The Piper have all done this twice.)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
10. Excluding the 2008 season, how many current players have made 10 or more appearances throughout any given season?
8 (Willow has done this 3 times; bartman, eloquentEEL, Everlovin' Antichrist, Goleel, Jesbass, Pistol, and The Piper have all done this twice.)
You're not including rep matches?

Azkatro made 10 appearances for the Panthers in 2005.
Furrycat made 10 appearances for the Panthers in 2006.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol. was unit working on his home brew kit during the interview?

Feel free to pop round and sample some if you like ;-)

I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the interview back.

I hope I came across as a strong advocate for the F7's. I love this competition.

BTW - I'm absolutely bloody stoked that I won so many awards. It's an absolute honour I must say.

Jesbass

First Grade
You're not including rep matches?

Azkatro made 10 appearances for the Panthers in 2005.
Furrycat made 10 appearances for the Panthers in 2006.

Yeah, you're right. This is what a rushed preparation does. The question was supposed to have a 'more than once' in there somewhere. My bad.

Jesbass

First Grade
In The Middle(ton) With Jesbass

1. Only two current players have played for more clubs than anyone else on the current Forum Sevens playing roster. Who are the two players?
Black Kitty (Lions, Cougars, Knights, Bluebags) and Misanthrope (Easts, Dirty Reds, Knights, Warriors)

3. Since the inception of 100 point articles, (season 2005), what is the longest individual streak of POTM performances?
Gorilla won 4 consecutive POTMs (2007 Grand Final, 2008 Rounds 1, 2, and 6)

4. Who is the only player in Forum Sevens history to captain a State Of Origin side in their debut season?
Pistol debuted in round 1, 2005 and captained Queensland against New South Wales that same year.

5. There are 3 players who have made their competitive debuts 'from the country', representing country before club. Two did so in the same match. Which match?
Red Bear (formerly known as GoTheBears) and Jesbass both made their debuts in the third Tri-Nations match in 2005, representing Great Britain and New Zealand respectively.

6. Who is the only player to win the annual BP Player Of The Year Award more than once?
Thierry Henry won the award in both 2004 and 2005 while playing for the Pirates.

7. How many times has the Premiership been won by a team other than the Minor Premiers?
Three times (Bluebags in 2004, Pirates in 2005, Titans in 2008)

8. Of the 16 NRL clubs in 2008, how many have not been represented in the Forum Sevens competition at one stage or another?
3 (Cowboys, Sea Eagles, Storm)

9. Which current player has received the earliest recorded perfect score?
Gorilla received a perfect 10, (the equivalent to 100 in 2008), in Round 5 of 2003.

10. Excluding the 2008 season, how many current players have made 10 or more appearances throughout any given season more than once?