What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

Alex28

Coach
I'm going to feel sorry for Issac if the club hasn't been on the level with him - that he is essentially a back-up plan in case Boyd doesn't sign. If he hasn't been out hawking himself around and has shown us some loyalty in waiting to see what happens...it is a shame to lose a guy loyal to us when we are buying in players that wouldn't have taken a second look at us if we didn't have a bunch of cash.

NIGC - I would be shocked if Bedsy is on much more than base salary. Tahu wouldn't be on much more than that. Both players are signing on at times where they are lucky to get another year and appreciate a little extra cash out of their careers.

Spot On

Coach
I'm going to feel sorry for Issac if the club hasn't been on the level with him - that he is essentially a back-up plan in case Boyd doesn't sign. If he hasn't been out hawking himself around and has shown us some loyalty in waiting to see what happens...it is a shame to lose a guy loyal to us when we are buying in players that wouldn't have taken a second look at us if we didn't have a bunch of cash.

NIGC - I would be shocked if Bedsy is on much more than base salary. Tahu wouldn't be on much more than that. Both players are signing on at times where they are lucky to get another year and appreciate a little extra cash out of their careers.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread. What's with the Tahu talk?

Apey

Staff member
it is a shame to lose a guy loyal to us when we are buying in players that wouldn't have taken a second look at us if we didn't have a bunch of cash.

Or a guy who is no doubt well past his prime.

Although I hope that if the talks come to fruition that I am proven wrong.

The more I hear Tahu the more I warm to the idea, Wayne is a master of getting players heads right and Tahu's talent can't have evaporated and that = happiness for us and a favourite son having a good swan song?

Alex I agree mate that both Bedsy and T should feel lucky that they r getting this shot under Bennett. Take it or leave it deals that don't tip the books.

Alex28

Coach
Telegraph today saying De Gois to Cronulla is a done deal, already told by Bennett he isn't part of the plans for 2012.

RABK

Referee
Bennetts had a look out our squad and has started implementing his calculated plan to get a squad with the attributes he wants.

Serc

First Grade
Ah didn't see the mention of De Gois in here...probably deserves a thread of its own anyway :)

Yosh

Coach
Tahu is way too injury prone for mine. On his day he is great but he is another Ike/Hodges in my books.

Why can't we give a run to the likes of Williams or Lililkikilkikliki?

Spot On

Coach
Would someone mind filling me in on the Tahu situation please. I'm interested in who has put his name forward.

RABK

Referee
Weidler, Tele, SMH, Voss have all said 'Tahu is in talks to return home to newcastle' in the past week.

Jono078

Referee
Tahy wanted to play for us this year as well but we didn't want or couldn't afford him. So I'm guessing he won't be that expensive to pick up.

Yosh

Coach
Jeez... He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO injury prone but...

I was a huge fan when he was playing centre for the years but he is just too injury prone...

Big Tim

First Grade
Tahu is way too injury prone for mine. On his day he is great but he is another Ike/Hodges in my books.

Why can't we give a run to the likes of Williams or Lililkikilkikliki?

Williams - Sublime attack. The perfect attacking centre. Will score a bunch, and set up a bunch. Problem is his physique and defense. He does not have a FG'ers body, and he seems somewhat disinterested and lost in defense.

Liki - Wonderful FG physique. Wonderful ball running skills. Has not shown in his limited open grade experience that he has the ability to be a top line performer. Concerns were that he used his physicality in aged divisions, this doesnt hold up in open age. Yet to show anything in Knights colours on either side of the ball that he will be a FG centre.

RABK

Referee
Na mate, only mentioned by a paragraph inside a related story on Gordons injury.

Latest posts