What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From an Eels fan to you raiders fans, Good luck !

bileduct

Coach
Most of us, myself included, see that Ricky Stuart clearing out the deadwood and signing blokes like Norman and Peats was a great move. We acknowledge Sticky's work and thank him.

The reason we are happy with Arthur is that he has some of the blokes that were here last year firing.

There is no doubt that Stuart sacking Maitua, Keating, Ryan, Harrison, etc. and enticing some quality players to join us was a massive, massive help to us.
Good luck this season, mate. It's good to see you guys going so well, irrespective of any debate about Ricky Stuart.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Good luck this season, mate. It's good to see you guys going so well, irrespective of any debate about Ricky Stuart.

Thanks, mate.

I'm sure the Raiders will pick up, too - Stuart's heart is in the club, and with the amount of young talent at your club, I believe it is only a matter of time until they click.

legend

Coach
Don't butter him up. He'll think you want to butt f**k him! Stuart will crash and burn any talent like he has done elsewhere.

What's Stuarts winning % as a first grade coach (without Brad Fittler?) He should have been piloting MH370. He's an expert at running things into the ground!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don't butter him up. He'll think you want to butt f**k him! Stuart will crash and burn any talent like he has done elsewhere.

What's Stuarts winning % as a first grade coach (without Brad Fittler?) He should have been piloting MH370. He's an expert at running things into the ground!

Maybe.

But anyone who knows Stuart knows his goal wa always to come home and coach his beloved Raiders, so I think he should do ok given enough time.

legend

Coach
Pfft. He's a myth. He doesn't have an all star roster like he had at the Roosters so I doubt your claims will come true.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Pfft. He's a myth. He doesn't have an all star roster like he had at the Roosters so I doubt your claims will come true.

Maybe. Maybe not.

I guess time will tell.

Whether or not he's a good coach, you cannot take his year at Parramatta as a gauge, because we were a rabble all over the place.

Sujskiez

Juniors
Ricky did nothing to our club other than sign peats and norman as they were the lost resort and both these players wanted to play not because they wanted to play for ricky but because they wanted a chance to play the full game and show their potential rather than be on the reserve like peats was. If these guys were playing full time game then they had no reaon to leave their clubs especially peats who's team were doing well last year. And Ricky couldn't get hayne or sandaw ticking but look at BA he's got both these players playing their full potential. Admit it Ricky is gonna ruin ur club like he did with ours and don't forget he couldn't win one origin series with quality players he had.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ricky did nothing to our club other than sign peats and norman as they were the lost resort and both these players wanted to play not because they wanted to play for ricky but because they wanted a chance to play the full game and show their potential rather than be on the reserve like peats was. If these guys were playing full time game then they had no reaon to leave their clubs especially peats who's team were doing well last year. And Ricky couldn't get hayne or sandaw ticking but look at BA he's got both these players playing their full potential. Admit it Ricky is gonna ruin ur club like he did with ours and don't forget he couldn't win one origin series with quality players he had.

I'll give you Sandow, but Hayne is doing what he has been for years.

The biggest difference is that he was injured for a lot of the last two years. But in terms of play, Hayne has not been doing anything different this year.

On a slightly off topic tangent...how good is Hayne? A wonderful talent.

Back on topic - we wouldn't have been in a position to sign Peats and Norman had we not gotten rid of deadwood players.

And you can say they came for game time, but they both chose to get that game time at the reigning spooners - I know both Norman and Peats were offered deals elsewhere and they could have just as easily played in their preferred positions there, but they joined the Eels.

Ricky Stuart may be a lot of things, but he helped us get back on track in a massive way.

bileduct

Coach
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/scorers/players/N/Nathan_Peats.html

Edit: Actually, never mind. I mistook reserve for reserve grade, not reserve bench.

Last edited:

Sujskiez

Juniors
I'll give you Sandow, but Hayne is doing what he has been for years.

And you can say they came for game time, but they both chose to get that game time at the reigning spooners - I know both Norman and Peats were offered deals elsewhere and they could have just as easily played in their preferred positions there, but they joined the Eels.

Which clubs offered them an offer

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Most of us, myself included, see that Ricky Stuart clearing out the deadwood and signing blokes like Norman and Peats was a great move. We acknowledge Sticky's work and thank him.

The reason we are happy with Arthur is that he has some of the blokes that were here last year firing.

There is no doubt that Stuart sacking Maitua, Keating, Ryan, Harrison, etc. and enticing some quality players to join us was a massive, massive help to us.
Ryan and Harrsion only left after Ricky did, Keating and POH were off contract blind Freddy could see they had to go.

Ricky also re-signed Mullaney only for BA to get rid of him as well, sure Peats and Norman have been great additions but we did pay overs to get these blokes to the club. Norman came so he could play 5/8 and Peats was stuck in reserve grade behind one of the best rakes in the comp. Mau,Hoppa and Semi were all signed under SK's watch.

BA does have a better side to work with but to say Ricky single handedly turned our roster around is laughable. Only players he got rid of who were under contract were Reni and Blair. It's laughable Canberra fans have deluded themselves into thinking Ricky will magically turn their club around if he gets rid of some of the deadwood. The biggest piece of deadwood he got rid of last season was himself.

Pazza

First Grade
To clarrify

Hayne (debut under Taylor)
Sio (debut under Kearney)
Hoppa (signed by Kearney)
Tonga (signed by Kearney)
Radradra (debut under Stuart)
Norman (signed by Stuart)
Sandow (signed by Kearney)
Mannah (debut under Anderson)
Peats (signed by Stuart)
Terepo (debut under Stuart)
Ma'u (debut under Arthur)
Edwards (debut under Stuart)
Paulo (signed by Kearney)

Fui (debut under Smith)
Allgood (debut under Kearney)
Gower (signed by Arthur)
Pauli ( debut under Arthur)

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
Maybe.

But anyone who knows Stuart knows his goal wa always to come home and coach his beloved Raiders, so I think he should do ok given enough time.

Ha I'm sure the million bucks a year had something to do with it . He's had many a opportunity to return down there .

Funnily enough for a dud coach the blokes managed to make some serious coin over the last two years .

Wizard Sleeve

Juniors
It's ok mate, take your time.

Ok you got me it's purely speculation . I was going off the 1 million a year for 7 years original story which was the quoted offer by every media outlet before the whole world laughed Canberra off the map . But yes it's speculation .

I'm sure he moved into the Prime Ministers old multi million dollar mansion on a modest salary champ . BTW he "reportedly" walked out on a 850K a year deal at Parra .

Last edited:

Latest posts