What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From what I saw Green is overrated but Inu and Hayne were quite good.

Eelementary said:
Well generally I think you have a great judgement, so I trust your opinion.

I'm willing to say it's a one-off.

I did think Law did nothing to support him (apart from setting up Inu's try).

One thing in his favour though - Blake never gave up. He kept trying and always got involved. Unlike a certain player whose name rhymes with "Sick Fitt".

Thanx mate. Green is not playing the same as he was last year. They are trying to mould him into a 5/8 and I'm begining to think that is confusing him as he seems to be in 2 minds lately when he attacks. Where as he used to just do it. Anyway time is on his side as he is still very young.

Hayne is a freak and so is Inu. You have to see these young guys in full flight to appreciate the Magic. They are both good runners of the ball. And both make things look easy.

Eelementary said:
How good was he?

Admittedly though, he did get a lot of help from his great pack.

If you like that Type of 5/8 look out for Kris Keating. Very similar player to that No.6 with a very good step.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
Thanx mate. Green is not playing the same as he was last year. They are trying to mould him into a 5/8 and I'm begining to think that is confusing him as he seems to be in 2 minds lately when he attacks. Where as he used to just do it. Anyway time is on his side as he is still very young.

Hayne is a freak and so is Inu. You have to see these young guys in full flight to appreciate the Magic. They are both good runners of the ball. And both make things look easy.

Yeah he did look a little lost at times.

But he seemed very creative. Which is a positive.

And his kicking wasn't awful. It wasn't brilliant, but it's not as though his terribl kicks cost the team the win.

He looked good running the ball, and defensively he looked good.

Maybe he'll be better off in the long-term.

And hayne and Inu....Wow. So bloody good. And defensively, too.

strider

Post Whore
The St George 5/8 was just a step above everyone else in that game.....he did stuff at speed - stepped, passed, kicked - and seemed fairly strong for a kid.

Well as usual the Roosters ow have him....the search for replacements for freddie continues.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
If you like that Type of 5/8 look out for Kris Keating. Very similar player to that No.6 with a very good step.

God I love our Juniors! lol

I think that type of 5/8 would be an ideal foil for Timmy - a running 5/8 similar to a Benji Marshall.

It would give us an all-round halfback and a running 5/8 - good combo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
strider said:
The St George 5/8 was just a step above everyone else in that game.....he did stuff at speed - stepped, passed, kicked - and seemed fairly strong for a kid.

Well as usual the Roosters ow have him....the search for replacements for freddie continues.

Well, Jamie "I'm the Roosters' Messiah" Soward struggled to put the Minor Premiers and Premiers to the sword! :lol:

They need to get a good 5/8 from somewhere.

And note to Freddy - Soward, best kicker in the world....:lol:

Pazza

First Grade
Loved the look of Hayne and Inu, they have the kind of light feet such as Bowen and Marshal that will add a real spark to the side.

Also loved Vulu Naso?(JF #11) very physical presence on the field.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Nasio is another Fui

has the same positives

- big hits in defence
- strong hitups

but also has Fui's fitness problems.

Nasio should spend another year in Flegg then at the tail end of 2006 make it into reggies, play most of 2007 there with a couple of games in the top grade at the end of the year before a full assult on the 1st grade side in 2008.

If all goes well that is

half

Coach
when mckinnon was in the premier league equivalent, he was scoring approximately 5 tries per week. just noting

i do think joel is awesome and pressuring wade for a first grade spot though. nothing wrong with a bit of competition though, or even a lot of it. our first grade team next year needs to be hungry and not like anorexics, if you know what i mean

Utey

Coach
Macca_ said:
Tough to make a call based on 1 performace. A grand final game at that... I'd tend to listen to the ones that watch them week in week out for reports on how they are going and what they might be able to achieve.

This is what sh*ts me. People say so and so is overrated and they have the nerve to say it after 1 performance. They dont make the effort to get out and see the lower grades before they make comments like this.

Utey

Coach
Jake the snake said:
That St George No.6 will go places. Top Player and the definately the difference between the 2 sides.

Quality player no doubt.

shiftysmith

Juniors
people have said green should be our 5/8next year ill stick with morris thanks green has alot more work to do before he sees 1st grade

Utey

Coach
shiftysmith said:
people have said green should be our 5/8next year ill stick with morris thanks green has alot more work to do before he sees 1st grade

The kids playing Flegg. He wont see continual FG for some time. But let him develop before everyone jumps on his back. He is being groomed to be our future 5/8. Just remember this is his 1st season of playing 5/8, he is a natural halfback.

Kornstar

Coach
I have seen Green win games single handedly, i believe when we played the Dragons in round 18 it was Green who basically got us within 2 points, i will admit he has been ordinary since after that game but he has been injured in that time too.

To me he just doesn't seem happy, i heard he doesn't get along with Matt Cameron, if that is the case i know who i would be getting rid of, from all the games i have seen Green play in (and it is alot) he has won us alot of games, he usually has an awesome kicking game and great running game and some of the vision he has is amazing.

I for one have never said he is better than Timmy or will be better than Timmy but he certainly wouldn't look out of place next to Timmy from what i have seen in the last 2 years!!

Kornstar said:
I have seen Green win games single handedly, i believe when we played the Dragons in round 18 it was Green who basically got us within 2 points, i will admit he has been ordinary since after that game but he has been injured in that time too.

To me he just doesn't seem happy, i heard he doesn't get along with Matt Cameron, if that is the case i know who i would be getting rid of, from all the games i have seen Green play in (and it is alot) he has won us alot of games, he usually has an awesome kicking game and great running game and some of the vision he has is amazing.

I for one have never said he is better than Timmy or will be better than Timmy but he certainly wouldn't look out of place next to Timmy from what i have seen in the last 2 years!!

Spot on. He has excellent vision just like Tim. He has had some poor games this year and some excellent games. Lets give him time and not go off too early.

Kornstar

Coach
I can also tell you that Timmy had a poor back half of last season too (by Timmy's standards anyway) as they were making him play 5/8th, Thorman and Witt (obviously not at the same time) were playing halfback and Timmy was forced to 5/8th, something that didn't really suit him.

If they really work with Green in the off-season then i think we will see him in P/L next year being groomed to maybe take over Morris in 2007.

I feel for Marcus, he has really gotten better as the year went on but i feel he may never play first grade with us unless they decide to go with him at 5/8th next year in P/L, in that case we will probably lose Green, i wouldn't like to be the one making the decisions that's for sure.......

shiftysmith

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
The kids playing Flegg. He wont see continual FG for some time. But let him develop before everyone jumps on his back. He is being groomed to be our future 5/8. Just remember this is his 1st season of playing 5/8, he is a natural halfback.
i dont mean he will never make 1st grade,just not yet.on another matter i have been thinking that if we were to find a natural 5/8 i think johnny morris would make a perfect lock.if you think about it he is a great defender,he does alot of work and he can also has good ball skills just a thought

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
If his not getting along with camo, well that dosent matter anymore caus he will b e playing reggis next yr, so JT will be his coach!
One thing that green has got going for him is his size....he looked physically bigger then that of the other flegg players!

p.s. im not 100% sure but i think the #9 for dragons flegg is a parra supporter and season ticket holder....he is a deadset lookalike to the bloke that sits in front of us!

Jodeci

Bench
Kornstar and Jake I to have seen Blake for the past few seasons and I believe he will be our long term 5/8 even though he is a no.7.

Not many people on the forum have seen what Blake can do. I believe he has the signs of being a champion.

Blakey wasn't too happy, he was training with the full time squad and played in the NZ trial as well. He was also frustrated because he was supposed to be playing PL all yr back was made to play flegg.

Prodigal Eel Geoge Nadiara flegg Dragons No.9 is a dragons fan so it wont be him as his old man has red and white eyes