What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Future NRL Stadiums

cleary89

Coach
One club for 10'000? How many go In there for a feed or drink pre game?

Not many as there should be. I've been twice and it's shit. The whole club is dedicated to bringing in the old bingo players. A shit bistro feed, beers in plastic cups.

There is a golf club next door to the leagues club that use to put on cheap meals on game days. There's also the pub up the road (never had a feed but it's always packed on game day) and allawah pub which is the next suburb and runs a free bus service to and from the game.

All get packed out on game day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The ideal location is when you can catch a train easily to somewhere close by then pub crawl your way to the ground within around 2kms of the station. Those I listed are grounds that meet that criteria I have been to.

cleary89

Coach
The ideal location is when you can catch a train easily to somewhere close by then pub crawl your way to the ground within around 2kms of the station. Those I listed are grounds that meet that criteria I have been to.

Pub across the road from the train station 500m from the stadium not good enough for you?

Granted the golf club and leagues club are the opposite side of the stadium to the station, but you could probably hit a good drive onto the field.

goodplayer

Juniors
dragons kogarah jubilee oval it is then . many pubs, clubs . all walking distance . home of the legendary puff the magic dragons :D

the blood sweat n tears . gone into that turf is legendary

JonnoM

Juniors
Green Grass and colourful umbrellas does not pay the bills.

Despite the empty plastic chairs,ANZ attracts more spectators than any other Sydney venue.
Bigger attendances,better revenue.
Any true supporter of their own club will support that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's the trouble in Sydney
Sht choice 1 suburban ground with no facilities,terrible in the rain and limited capacity, terrible look on TV
Sht choice 2 anz cavernous, no,atmosphere, ltd pubs cafés, terrible look on TV

The whole of Sydney only has two stadiums any good and one of them needs major upgrades.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The game should. It's the 21st century presentation and image are everything. Tune in to a anz game as a neutral sports fan and you would think the NRL must be a third division semi pro league.

oldmancraigy

Coach
dragons kogarah jubilee oval it is then . many pubs, clubs . all walking distance . home of the legendary puff the magic dragons :D

the blood sweat n tears . gone into that turf is legendary

Shame that club folded some 15ish years ago, and became part of a new venture.

Oh well, you always have the memories i guess?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hmmm....

I do like certain aspects of many grounds, but can find fault in all.

Have not been to melbourne or nz.

Been to all others.

I find you could sit in the same seat twice at any ground, and depending on the people around you, you can have a good or bad experience.

Perth Red

Post Whore
True, sometimes funny, sometimes annoying, sometimes abusive. Last game at nib ended with two ladies behind us who never stopped talking, loudly, for 90mins! I swear they never even took a breath. I knew the ins and outs of everyone of their friends love life's by the end of the game!

nomis88

Juniors
What a fantastic TV spectacle the Brookvale game was. Oh hang on I just remembered, that was a hill wasn't it so it must have been terrible. Much better to look at tens of thousands of empty seats and no atmosphere at the Homebush mausoleum!!!!!.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
What a fantastic TV spectacle the Brookvale game was. Oh hang on I just remembered, that was a hill wasn't it so it must have been terrible. Much better to look at tens of thousands of empty seats and no atmosphere at the Homebush mausoleum!!!!!.

pfft...

One good game in a season and you think that justifies this shithole. Might as well say the Easter game that drew 50k at Homebush means every game should be there.

Or you can accept that this is an outlier in an otherwise terrible season for Brooky crowds.

The one thing we can say with certainty is that, if it was raining yesterday, the crowd would have been around 8k. if only there was some way to build some kind of rain-preventing roofing structure.......

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Further good news to put pressure on the State Govt for a stadium upgrade at Parramatta........

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a...01-10b2tb.html

Quote:

A-League's Wanderers top the list for membership sales in western Sydney
Date September 1, 2014 - 7:07PM

Dominic Bossi Sports reporter

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6098303910b3w61409571476898.jpg-620x349.jpg
Western Sydney Wanderers fans show their fervour during a match at Pirtek Stadium earlier this year. Photo: Brendan Esposito

Western Sydney Wanderers can perhaps already lay claim to being the most popular sporting team in Sydney's western suburbs – they have sold more full memberships than any other football club in the region.
The emerging powerhouses of Australian football are preparing for just their third season but have already sold 2000 more individual season tickets than five other western suburbs football clubs.
The Wanderers have already exceeded the full-season ticket sales of the Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, Wests Tigers, Canterbury Bulldogs, and Greater Western Sydney Giants. This is despite the A-League season not beginning for another month.

Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow6098303910b6hp1409571476788.jpg-300x0.jpg

By the numbers: The sales figures tell the story.

They play their first home game on October 25.
More than 15,333 of their existing season ticket-holders have been retained from last year and the Wanderers are on course to sell their entire allocation of memberships before they will go on sale to the general public.
Due to the limited capacity of 21,487 at Pirtek Stadium, the A-League club is first offering existing members the opportunity to retain their season tickets before those on a waiting list will be given a chance to become ticket-holding members.
The club redesigned the seating plan to accommodate more fans this season and while a final number is yet to be determined, it is likely a membership limit of just under 16,000 will be hit before the end of next week, if memberships continue to sell at the current rate.
As a result of the large uptake, the Wanderers are beginning to issue non-ticketed memberships to supporters. Some are opting to pay up to $80 to join a waiting list for a season ticket.
The record sales ensures the Wanderers will already eclipse the second-highest figure sold by their co-tenants at Pirtek Stadium, the Parramatta Eels, who claim 12,900 of their 20,300 members as season-ticket holders. The Eels also suffer the capacity restrictions in Parramatta and have to accommodate their large number of walk-up sales and three-game membership packages.
The sales further strengthens the push for major renovations for Pirtek Stadium to improve the capacity to more than 30,000 as the two most popular clubs, in terms of members, are regular tenants.
Both the Eels and the Wanderers are lobbying the NSW government to improve the facilities and capacity of the venue.
The two clubs set the benchmark for season-ticket holders but are closely followed by AFL club the GWS Giants, who claim approximately 11,800 season-ticketed members, although about 30 per cent of those are registered only for games played in Canberra.
A Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs membership drive clinched 15,500 members, though only about 8000 are season-ticket holders. Penrith Panthers boast 6872 full-members while Wests Tigers have 7553 mostly venue-specific members.

LOL at the GWS numbers. #fake #bullshit​
The article title is misleading though. The Eels and Bulldogs have more members. This is about season tickets.​
Suity

Latest posts