What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

future signings????

lafai

Bench
They'll get more money when there contracts are finished. If they are greedy for money they would piss off/be offered by the Dragons for example but wait your last great signing was George Rose? Lol

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
They'll get more money when there contracts are finished. If they are greedy for money they would piss off/be offered by the Dragons for example but wait your last great signing was George Rose? Lol

Even with your bottomless pit of money, your sitting 7th and us currently 8th......for now :eek:

rainman44

Bench
You barely beat the Panthers.. I wouldn't brag about positions on the ladder just yet mate

I think you guys will win the comp this year and so you should and nothing else is a disgrace. JWH being out for the year is the only reason i think you guys will win it. Some teams like your mob are lucky to be playing on a different playing field and if you can not see that well then thats your call, not having ago personally just like i said you guys are lucky the nrl is run by Greenberg and mugs.

BennyV

Referee
Issac Thompson for winger next year. Big, fast, young, good footwork and from what I hear, not a bad ball player. I know it's not the Dragons way of the past 6 years before this year but time to start bringing the young guys through on a regular basis again. Regardless, as far as I can see the only really promising young player the Dragons have lost over the past few years is Hastings and the jury is still out on him. Certainly none of the calibre of RTS or Dylan Walker.

I guess it was the perfect storm of supercoach Price and a particularly flat period but starting with Aitken this year and hopefully Issac Thompson, maybe Dufty and Crook next year, I think things are looking up. I guess it is also due to the Dragons talent scouts, whomever they are. I've said before, it would be great to get Nathan Brown back, not as head coach but as an assistant. He or whomever he hired was unmatched as a talent scout.

Dude, RTS and Walker have several years more experience in first grade than Hasting/Aitken/Bird. Not a level comparison. In 2 years when those kids are staring down the barrel of their first rep games, it might hit how much 2 of the 3 of them are as losses to us.

Although agree that RTS is in a league of his own...

watatank

Coach
Issac Thompson for winger next year. Big, fast, young, good footwork and from what I hear, not a bad ball player. I know it's not the Dragons way of the past 6 years before this year but time to start bringing the young guys through on a regular basis again. Regardless, as far as I can see the only really promising young player the Dragons have lost over the past few years is Hastings and the jury is still out on him. Certainly none of the calibre of RTS or Dylan Walker.

I guess it was the perfect storm of supercoach Price and a particularly flat period but starting with Aitken this year and hopefully Issac Thompson, maybe Dufty and Crook next year, I think things are looking up. I guess it is also due to the Dragons talent scouts, whomever they are. I've said before, it would be great to get Nathan Brown back, not as head coach but as an assistant. He or whomever he hired was unmatched as a talent scout.

Given that you don't really rate Bird, Hutchison, Aitken, what makes you think that the likes of Dufty, Thompson or Crook are any better? Just curious.

V

Vasilevsky

Given that you don't really rate Bird, Hutchison, Aitken, what makes you think that the likes of Dufty, Thompson or Crook are any better? Just curious.

Firstly allow me to dispel a few myths. I don't rate Bird especially. That is true. Would have been good to have in the squad as a utility but not a great loss in my very humble opinion. Hutchinson based on a mere game and 1/3 isn't going to be the player Dragons supporters hope he will be. I hope I'm wrong. Aitken is a good player but not in the league of a Gasnier or Cooper as we hoped he would be and as the current team needs.

As for Dufty one part of it is wishful thinking but also based on the law of averages. It's inconceivable that the Dragons haven't produced a superstar 3/4 in so long. Secondly he is certainly a very fast and elusive ball runner and not a bad ball player. Crook comes across as a sneaky, scheming halfback. Not slow, not small (for his position) and very skillful.

Issac Thompson is a guy I think the coaching staff also have high hopes in. What's not to like? If he were the make first grade next week even though he would be the youngest, he'd be far from the smallest (actually one of the biggest). Gas and Cooper were two centres thrown into first grade on the wing at a very young age. How did it work out for them? Why should it be different for Thompson? At least I hope that is the case.

It seems to me, for some inconceivable reason, a lot of Dragons supporters are still following the playbook of supercoach Price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
or maybe we're not an 8 million dollar team like the Roosters and we're exactly where we are meant to be?

Nah, roosters are more like 10 mil. :lol:

As rainman44 said, it's really yours to lose now. Roosters, Souths and cowboys are falling over with injuries. Brisbane's pack can't match it with the biggest. That only leaves the storm. You know what you are going to get from them, if you can bustle them and disrupt their structure ( like warriors do) they are beatable.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I think it is true that we have been scared to blood juniors over the last couple of years. We really have only used three, 'the next big thing' , who is a first rate defensive centre but one who is not really an attacking tool, a winger who lasted ten minutes and a five eight that we seem scared to put on the field.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Regarding Crook the club seems not to trust his ability, Duffy is felt to be too small and Thompson too inexperienced. While we often seem to talk up our 'young guns', I think Thompson can make it, unless he is left in the lower grades too long. Crook will be average, Hutchingson may get over this year, but I doubt it. Duffy I think will end up a young gun who disappears. I hope not.

V

Vasilevsky

Regarding Crook the club seems not to trust his ability, Duffy is felt to be too small and Thompson too inexperienced. While we often seem to talk up our 'young guns', I think Thompson can make it, unless he is left in the lower grades too long. Crook will be average, Hutchingson may get over this year, but I doubt it. Duffy I think will end up a young gun who disappears. I hope not.

The challenge is for him to pack on another 10kg while keeping his speed and evasiveness even with the reduced interchange. Can he do it? I hope so. Regardless, they only need aim to bring 2 or 3 through every year. More than that is probably overly optimistic but should be aiming for more than 1.

Duck63

Juniors

Take some happy pills for christ sake.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Luke Keary's contract is up in 2017. If Mybe is worth 800k, what's a premiership winner in Keary worth?
He wouldn't be on anywhere near that at Souths. You could build a team around this kid.

Latest posts