What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallop pleads with Saints to move Home Final - $250k carrot

If the NRL change the rule, it's only going to be for Sydney teams, and that's is an unfair advantage to those out of Sydney.

Why can they play a city Vs country match at a regional location such as Wollongong, but when push comes to shove, Wollongong is not a regional location for St.George?

i guess there is a communcation problem and a term mismatch.

its a total joke to play such a game at a smaller venue.

everyone wants to reach their potential. No one should be holding back here.

westie

Bench
Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand season ticket holders get first dibs. For everyone else, get in early. Miss out and you were simply tardy in your efforts.

If you're not that keen to see the game, I hear Cumberland Throw will save you a spot on his armchair.

Wait and see how f**ked it is trying to get tickets to a game that sells out within minutes of sale. Take the 2005 semi for example. Then argue for your sh*t hole.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Wait and see how f**ked it is trying to get tickets to a game that sells out within minutes of sale. Take the 2005 semi for example. Then argue for your sh*t hole.
I see you are as eloquent as you are wise.

I already have made plans and my tickets are pretty secure. Just need to confirm. Come back when you have an argument.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
why not. good money and better for the fans

but what if it doesn't end up Dragons v Eels?

what if it's Dragons v Manly?

can't imagine that being a massive crowd puller

The money argument can be countered. There's the potential for long term returns from ground sponsorhip, upgrades, membership etc. In the bigger scheme of things, $250K doesn't sound like much.

Being better for the fans is subjective. What could be better for the fans than winning at home? I know that's what I want. Looks like it is mainly opposition supporters that want the game moved.

Home ground advantage is a solid argument as well.

The Parramatta CEO said in the The Australian that if the shoe was on the other foot, he would most likely play at Parramatta Stadium.

Parramatta chief executive Paul Osborne said his club would consider the offer, but would more than likely remain at Parramatta Stadium.

"We'd probably stay at home because I wouldn't want to give away our home advantage," Osborne said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26027753-5012431,00.html

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah, this is not the first time you have used your relationship with your partner to try and win a debate point.

If people use it against you, please do your best to steer clear of the report button.

Care to tell me where I used the report button in this thread?

Irrespective of that, I think I'm entitled to relate a story about my life without having her opened up for personal attacks. I have no such problem with people having a go at me, but because she gets mentioned, it doesn't make her fair game.

Take the blinkers off for five seconds ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Care to tell me where I used the report button in this thread?
Where did I say you used the report button in this thread?

Timmah said:
Irrespective of that, I think I'm entitled to relate a story about my life without having her opened up for personal attacks. I have no such problem with people having a go at me, but because she gets mentioned, it doesn't make her fair game.

Take the blinkers off for five seconds ;-)
"My missus thinks this so it must be the same for all" doesn't wash as a solid argument Tim.

But thanks for sharing your life with us.

Timmah

Staff member
Where did I say you used the report button in this thread?
You didn't, but you seemed to indicate I'm not entitled to object to her being used against me in a debate. As I said - I'm fair game, she's not.
"My missus thinks this so it must be the same for all" doesn't wash as a solid argument Tim.

But thanks for sharing your life with us.
Not at all, but she's an example of I'm sure many people over many different games next weekend.

The Finals are an event. I've said multiple times in this thread that all finals in Sydney should be played at SFS until Week 3, then SFS and ANZ week three, and then of course GF @ ANZ. Exceptions being when it's two out-of-town teams involved i.e. Brisbane, Gold Coast, NQ or Melbourne. It avoids this "home grounds are too small debate". I respect the decision of the Dragons - it was awarded to them as a home final and the NRL dug their own "small attendance grave" by doing so... but I'm a strong believer in this event - the Finals Series, being opened up to new fans. It's the perfect time to capture new fans for not only your club but all clubs, and that's why moving games to bigger grounds can be a positive move.

Under the current circumstances I completely agree that it remains at Kogarah, something I've said time and time over - I believe that those circumstances should be changed in coming years to accommodate all rugby league fans.

kurt faulk

Coach

finals in suburban grounds.

only a joke competition like the nrl can come up with something like that.

when is rugby league gonna have some real leadership to move it forward?

Crippler

Juniors

They were selling tickets to the saints tigers preliminary final straight after the Broncos semi at the SFS ticket boxes. Lucky i noticed the lineup as i was walking out of the ground.

Timmah

Staff member
2GB just reported that the game will definitely be at Kogarah this Sunday.

Media release likely in the next few hours.

Eelectrica

Referee
Understandable the Dragons wouldn't to move it, just like the Titans wouldn't to move their game to suit the Broncos either.

Ridders

Coach
Disappointing in the sense that less fans will be at the game, but i can definitely understand why the Saints would want to play it at Kogarah.

lockyno1

Post Whore
[FKN-SIK];6085639 said:
Understandable but disappointing.

I would have liked to attend the game

Disappointing would have been if they gave into the NRL. Best news of the week and I am not a Dragons fan. Who cares if a few fans don't get to go! Suburban grounds>>>>>>>>>>>>>Telstra Stadium!

Glenn

First Grade
So much for Gallop actually having some balls and standing up and saying I'm the boss of the NRL, this is where the game will be played for these reasons.
18,000 at Kogarah vs 44,000 at the SFS:crazy:

Chook Norris

First Grade
Disappointing would have been if they gave into the NRL. Best news of the week and I am not a Dragons fan. Who cares if a few fans don't get to go! Suburban grounds>>>>>>>>>>>>>Telstra Stadium!

Telstra Stadium? don't you mean ANZ stadium? and even then you're still wrong

the option was the SFS..

ByRd

First Grade
In the future this is something we are going to have to look at, i dont blame Saints for not moving the game and they deserve to hold it at Kogarah but in the future the NRL should have the power to move games to the SFS or whatever if the capacity at the home venue is too small. It is just a better look for the game.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors

Who said anything about Telstra Stadium?

They asked them to move to the SFS. The SFS is fantastic to watch footy!

ozbash

Referee
So much for Gallop actually having some balls and standing up and saying I'm the boss of the NRL, this is where the game will be played for these reasons.
18,000 at Kogarah vs 44,000 at the SFS:crazy:

bullsh*t, its the Dragons home game, not the NRL's. The Dragons earnt it.

Latest posts