What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallops reception

Eels Dude

Coach
You won both Grand Finals with sides that were deemed 'illegal', therefore your name was taken off the premiers list.

What pisses most fans off is that your cheating scum side took the opportunity away from 2 legitimate sides to win the comp. This in turn took away from everyone in those 2 sides(players, fans and officials) the opportunity to enjoy the feeling of have won the comp fairly.

go on and enjoy your hollow victory if it makes you feel good...but in the end history will show you won nothing but a massive fine.

It wasn't just 2 sides they robbed, it was every club. And that's coming from myself whose side was eliminated from the finals by the Storm in 2006, 2007 and 2009 and probably copped it the worst.

But in reality any team that was eliminated by the Storm in any of the finals series between 2006 and 2009 were robbed of the opportunity to win a premiership. The Tigers even in 2009 would have finished 8th had the Storm been caught earlier, and who knows they could have gone on a glory run and won the comp in 2009.

Your own side Manly could have gone back to back had the Storm not eliminated your club in the first round of the semis in '09. We'll never know.

Billythekid

First Grade
Sure you are. Your side was still assembled illegally and you're benefitting from that. Add to that the NRL even changed salary cap laws to help get you under the cap for this year.

Our team is under the cap, that's what matters. I know it hurts that we are dominating yet again despite being under the cap but you'll get over it.

I guess when your season is over all there is left to do is hate on those still in contention.

Eels Dude

Coach
Our team is under the cap, that's what matters. I know it hurts that we are dominating yet again despite being under the cap but you'll get over it.

I guess when your season is over all there is left to do is hate on those still in contention.

Where my club is sitting on the table is irrelevent to the discussion about the Storm's rorting. You can rub it in if you like but I know my club's position on the table so if you want to keep mentioning it go ahead, it doesn't phase me.

You may be under the cap, but rules were changed allowing you to to be able to do so. You're still profiting from that initial cheating. Be proud of that if you want. Seems people south of the NSW border have a hard time understanding what playing by the rules actually means. And they call Tasmanians inbreds.

Stormsally

Juniors
Ummm yeah, i did that. The person you quoted (Sally) said "What's funny is that the only people on here saying that Storm Fans believe that they were unfairly treated are supporters of other teams." Translation: She doesn't think we were hard done by, it's only people like you and TT who are saying we think we're hard done by when we as Storm fans don't think we were.

Perhaps you should actually take the time to read posts because if you did yo would see that Sally doesn't feel hard done by and isn't one that can be added to the list. Now that's been clarified we'll start again.

Butters........

Exactly - and I go to every home game (and a few away) and have as good a feel of the Storm fan as anyone.

Storm fans have had to move on - it's up to you if want to do the same.

but I will be giving Gallop his own special welcome - just in the spirit of the game. ;-)

Evenflow

Bench
Thanks for the support, unbelievable that some people can complain about Gallop in that situation.

Still waiting on that list of all those Storm supporters you mention that feel they've been hard done by. I'll help you again because clearly you're having real issues coming up with one. You've got your boyfriend LatK47 backing you up so perhaps he might be able to help you as well.

Butters........

Still waiting on that list of all those Storm supporters you mention that feel they've been hard done by. I'll help you again because clearly you're having real issues coming up with one. You've got your boyfriend LatK47 backing you up so perhaps he might be able to help you as well.

Butters........

I wasn't aware I had to do shit for you. Noa clearly feels hard done by, Kia aswell. With those 3 that's 33.33% of Melbourne's LU fan base.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No one thnks that, you've pulled that from your backside. Anyone though who expects gallop to be welcomed with open arms is the moron.

Then why should he not be welcomed with open arms?

I got sick long ago of Storm fans and their siege mentality around 2007 and 2009. And the TV coverage nonsense? Blame your media/public for not giving a rats about league. In fact, embrace it. Because it's part of the reason your players thrive in that environment.

Evenflow

Bench
I wasn't aware I had to do shit for you. Noa clearly feels hard done by, Kia aswell. With those 3 that's 33.33% of Melbourne's LU fan base.

Yeah, nah. El Dribblo who's another dickhead who thinks all Storm fans say they're hard done by with no real reason to back it up said "Amazing how the Storm fans think they should have been allowed to cheat with no punishment" to which Noa replied "No one thinks that, you've pulled that from your backside." So there goes a fair chunk of your 33.33%. I also can't find anything from Kia saying he feels he was hard done by either so it falls back even more from little to f**k all.

Never mind, you still have Butters though :lol: