What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galvin

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
David Klemmer on Lachlan Galvin: “He could have come in here and dipped his toe in and used the excuse that he's a young bloke, but he's come here and taken it head on. He's trying to beat you and he's a tough kid as well."

Tigerm

First Grade

So what do we know about Galvin?

He captained the 2023 Australian Schoolboys team and in years past was let go from the Eels junior system for being too small.

But after a growth spurt he stands at 193cms and weighs in at 91 kilograms, with the ability to potentially even play as a forward.

I gotta be honest, I was a bit dubious about him playing NRL so early in his career but am looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Tigerm

First Grade
Good thread. Something is telling me that we'll hear a lot about the lad.
Yeah, although we haven't seen him play yet, both him and TDS are looking bright for the future.

Got a few more coming with them as well.

Tigerm

First Grade

Hope he doesn’t read all the press on him self, he won’t get his head in the bus hahaha

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench

Hope he doesn’t read all the press on him self, he won’t get his head in the bus hahaha
I don't like all this external pressure and I'm wondering if it was wise for the club to do these type of interviews.
He does give me some confidence with his attitude and he's superfit.
His coach has been there done that as a schoolboy.
Benji was sitting exams whilst all the hype about him was unfolding.
I hope Benji is the right person to guide Lachlan thru this.
After looking thru old games between Canberra v Wests Tigers we have had success with plays on the back of offloads. This is where the likes of Lachlan and Bula comes in.
If our fwds can hit hard then offload then we may have a chance to pull off an upset.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s good to see An infusion of intelligence into the team.. Galvin v Brooks and Solomon v Talau / Kapaoa. They appear to be couple of decent and very talented young men. Just what the team needs energy wise

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I just hope we’ve got enough money to keep them long term. There can only so many $1m deals.

Tigerm

First Grade

Pezz70

Juniors
He looks a pretty composed kid, most of what he did yesty had a plan about it, it was generally done with purpose and direction which is fantastic. There was no real panic in his play, seems to have a bit of time, and the play he put on for Fainu’s try was great. It was extra impressive given the fact that you had three inexperienced youngsters put on a quality NRL try.

Pezz70

Juniors
We need to get some quality around this kid, I like the look of him way more than Brooks, Brooks always looked flustered, this kid looks cool, it’s such a great quality for a half, and he has obvious skill. He really could be something, he sort of reminds me a bit of Fittler at the same age

Nutz

Bench
The sooner we see Taylan Da Silva come off the Bench to reunite with Lachlan Galvin the better.
That's our future right there imo.
Will probably see more of this duo towards the end of the year.