What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day round 9 V Warriors

hazzbeen

Bench
No more excuses.... The REFS, The BUNKER , Bad calls , Injuries , No more Ifs and Buts.... WE HAVE GOT NOTHING this is the worst attacking Dragons team I have ever seen.....:x

Dragon66

Juniors
Can anyone explain why, why are we still putting Dugan at centre ? ? ? Stupid! JDB going downhill. Milne? Quinlan no! Marshall, has he played in a winning side this year? Rein actually our most dangerous player, for us and them. MacGregor does need to go.....first time I have said that but we are predictable and soft at times. I think our roster is not great but our 'attack' is deplorable. My only happy moment was when Host came on. Marshall and Widdop, despite that try cannot play together. Grrrrhh

100% on the money.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
No more excuses.... The REFS, The BUNKER , Bad calls , Injuries , No more Ifs and Buts.... WE HAVE GOT NOTHING this is the worst attacking Dragons team I have ever seen.....:x

Sadly mate I have to agree.... we are a team of PLODDERS with no structure and zero game plan

Dragon66

Juniors
Today Quinlan had his "Kurt Mann" game, everything he touched turned to shit.

Quinlan was hopeless today, and Dugan may have been able to assist with preventing a try or two, but he would have been ineffective in attack today as far as run metres are concerned because the Warriors had very few deep kicks for the fullback to return. In Warriors fashion they threw the ball around and made plenty of errors, but unfortunately we tried the same game but made more errors.

Not sure what's worse, one out running all game but rarely threatening the defensive line, or trying to be expansive and been dysfunctional and error prone.
They are doing my head in. The coach has to accept full responsibility for the rubbish this team dishes up.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
R&WTILLIDIE, you forgot to mention getting smashed and driven back each time and ensuring a slow play the ball.

The guy is a big unit. I don't understand why he doesn't plough into the line THEN look to offload.

He's too scared mate. That's why he slows down before he hits the line. Simple as that.

kit66

Bench
I'd say it is considering that he's dropped the ball numerous amount of times when we had momentum or he dropped it early in the set. Had we had Dugan playing Fullback i'd argue that some of there tries scored through the middle wouldn't have been trys as Dugan would have been able to use his strength and greater defensive abilities to help the others hold them up.

Twice, he dropped it twice. So did others. Quinlan didn't pick himself to play fb and it's not his fault that no-one in our backline from 1 to 7 ( or 23 ) has any f*cking idea what they're supposed to be doing. This is the worst coached team in the Dragon's history ( including the Price years ) and it's a real shame because we have some great talent in the side going to waste.
You put Quinlan or anyone else in a well drilled, well disciplined team and there isn't a problem. Personally I wouldn't have put him in the starting side and certainly not at fb when we have one of the best in that pos already. Bench maybe - to come on late in the game ( try to get us some seeming impossible 2nd half points ) but that's it. I wouldn't have started with Havili either. These selections hint that Mary showed no respect for opposition and thought maybe we'd have an easy day at the office today.

coastiedragon

Juniors
how did he possibly think that was going to work duges is a fullback he ran for
107m today at fullback 200+ im not a genius but how cant he see this over this 2 win 2 loss stuff asweĺl we need to string more games together i think keep mcrone at half and yous benji off the bench bring him on when the big boys get tired

possm

Coach
Today Quinlan had his "Kurt Mann" game, everything he touched turned to shit.

Quinlan was hopeless today, and Dugan may have been able to assist with preventing a try or two, but he would have been ineffective in attack today as far as run metres are concerned because the Warriors had very few deep kicks for the fullback to return. In Warriors fashion they threw the ball around and made plenty of errors, but unfortunately we tried the same game but made more errors.

Not sure what's worse, one out running all game but rarely threatening the defensive line, or trying to be expansive and been dysfunctional and error prone.
They are doing my head in. The coach has to accept full responsibility for the rubbish this team dishes up.

The Dragon's poor line speed initiated today's poor performance. Poor selection decisions and the same old playing style ensured our poor showing.

Mary has to go and go now!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Also, sadly I must agree and I'm going back to early 70's in my support of the once mighty Dragons. Just glad they did not wear the big red today dishing up that garbage against a reserve grade team. Pathetic

Divey

Juniors
Dreadful, just plain bloody dreadful.

Mary, get on your frigging bike, start peddling and don't stop.

V

Vasilevsky

how did he possibly think that was going to work duges is a fullback he ran for
107m today at fullback 200+ im not a genius but how cant he see this over this 2 win 2 loss stuff asweĺl we need to string more games together i think keep mcrone at half and yous benji off the bench bring him on when the big boys get tired

Benji and Widdop doesn't work. Widdop and McCrone doens't work. Widdop and whoever was halfback before Benji was signed doesn't work. I'm not a genius either but there seems to be a common denominator in this equation....:oops:

Forster Dragon

Juniors
WOW I am glad I missed the game.It would seem that we continue on our merry way of dishing up rubbish,Win,Lose or Draw.I love the Dragons,but this is the worst side in history to watch and I have been watching for 50 plus years.A sorry tale indeed.Where to next?

getsmarty

Immortal
Benji and Widdop doesn't work. Widdop and McCrone doens't work. Widdop and whoever was halfback before Benji was signed doesn't work. I'm not a genius either but there seems to be a common denominator in this equation....:oops:

Widdop and McCrone is not the best, but we have had all our wins with this combo. You do the maths.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
What I've taken from this game:
- we were better off putting a makeshift centre in (Matthews) and promoting another forward to the bench rather than move Dugan to centre
- we will sorely miss Mitch Rein if he packs up his bags at the end of the year and leaves
- JDB needs to be benched or dropped
- widdop goes all gaga whenever marshall plays; his hands turn to feet, he just can't play when Marshall is besides him. Period.
- again on Marshall, yes he looks good with some good runs/passes, but to me it seems whenever he plays, he has some sort of negative effect on the rest of the team. I don't know what it is, they just all go to rubbish whenever Marshall plays, it really is uncanny.

kit66

Bench
You blokes giving it to DeBelin go back and watch how he played against Brisbane. He might have had an off game but he doesn't have to apologise to anybody and he's far from soft - just ask McGuire, Thaiday or Corey Parker - better yet watch them after JDB hits them, they get up and look around for the bus that just hit them.
You're blaming the wrong people, people. I expect Dragon's management will get the message sooner rather than later and sack the right person.