What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Smith

Referee
The Bran/Skeleton scene was so Army of Darkness.

I was half expecting Bruce Campbell to come and save them.

His storyline is so dogshit... perhaps even worse than Danaerys'.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Arya has been on a path to Braavos since the end of season one, going with Brienne would have made no sense and would have gone against every development of her character since we first met her..
I agree.

We know this. But she doesn't.

And so avoiding Brienne made no sense from her point of view. It's just become a bit convoluted the lengths to which GRR has gone to with all the "so close, and yet so far" moments with regards to the Stark children reuniting.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The latter, but if bones are brittle, then the joins should be moreso. How they stand dawg?

Okay, you're making me dig deep into my nerdy past here. Typically, at least in the mythology of necromancy, skeletons are bound together by the will of their creator(s). Their movements are powered by this magic, which 'explains away' their need for muscles and joins to actually do any of the stuff you see them doing.

The magic doesn't protect them or make their forms less fragile (there's a reason they're always low level enemies in fantasy RPG and computer games), it just allows them to move.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Assuming the magic is Other based, and they are just shitty wights, do they not need Obsidian to kill them? Can't remember if Wights are a different story than the Others or not.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I agree.

We know this. But she doesn't.

And so avoiding Brienne made no sense from her point of view. It's just become a bit convoluted the lengths to which GRR has gone to with all the "so close, and yet so far" moments with regards to the Stark children reuniting.

Those scenea have been invented by the show dude.

Shorty

Staff member
Tbh, I just googled "skeleton video game" and Zelda popped up
I just remember them being easy to beat and 'cute' lol probably not what the producers of GoT were aiming for:lol:
Assuming the magic is Other based, and they are just shitty wights, do they not need Obsidian to kill them? Can't remember if Wights are a different story than the Others or not.
I found it sort of odd...like so we have 3 levels of undead now (well maybe 4 with WW Darth Maul?:?)

To be honest I think I tolerate Bran's arc because I've read the books and they do him justice....he's sort of an afterthought in the show but they were building him.
The problem is compared to everything else in the show his arc comes off looking childish.

Misanthrope

Staff member

Snow certainly didn't need dragonfire to kill the wight that attacked Lord Commander Mormont, but it did take fire.

I'm not sure what they were supposed to be, tbh. As I said earlier, I don't know why it couldn't just have been wights that attacked them (as in the books) rather than skeletons.

I can't imagine it was cheaper to CGI them than to hire a couple of dudes.

RHCP

Bench
What's so shocking about a girl killing one skeleton? Real people have done much more amazing things when their 'fight or flight' response kicks in then pulling off one good axe swing. Not like she went Super Saiyan and tore up an army.

Misanthrope

Staff member
What's so shocking about a girl killing one skeleton? Real people have done much more amazing things when their 'fight or flight' response kicks in then pulling off one good axe swing. Not like she went Super Saiyan and tore up an army.

I think it's more that, while it has been established she can fight passably and is a fantastic archer, she hasn't shown the strength or skill to just be able to pick up an old and undoubtedly heavy ax and whirl it around like she knew her shit.

Game_Breaker

Coach

That explains Brienne

Can't believe people are critiquing a girl who chopped a skeleton with an axe.. There are much more 'out there' things in the series than that.

RHCP

Bench
Srs question: how strong are dwarves irl? I feel like the leverage of Shae's much longer arms would've made it easier for her to push Tyrion away.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
did anyone else pick up on the look jon snow shared with the crazy ranga witch? Could end up hitting that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts