What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Innocent until proven guilty. But even if he is innocent it looks he's got a poor taste in friends. Zane Musgrove has already been convicted of assaulting a women once before. Unless he's doing serious rehabilitation he wouldn't be someone I'd be happy having a bear with.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Innocent until proven guilty. But even if he is innocent it looks he's got a poor taste in friends. Zane Musgrove has already been convicted of assaulting a women once before

Agree qith innocent until proven guilty. He could seem like a great guy. I was mates with bloke who mistreated his kids pretty bad. Would never know he was anything but an awesome guy until I lived with them.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Alright status report over the 4 games the Penrith Australian schoolboys played in so far.

Stephen Crichton was probably Panthers' best player. If you don't know he's around 190cm so he's well suited to being a Corey Oates/Blake Ferguson type winger purely physically speaking. Out of the 5 Australian backs he was most willing to do hard yards to relieve the forwards. He showed some great speed for one of his tries, he has some skill with offloading/flick passing. Took an awesome intercept for what looked like an 8 point turn around. He does those high swirling kick offs and is a goal kicker. He played both centre and wing in these games. In the school boy cup he played fullback too. The competent teams mainly targeted the other edge but barring being out of position for a long kick he defended well from what I saw. Made a break to provide a shot at a 90 metre try on the last play of the game to win the game (it didn't work out).

If I had a some constructive criticism he doesn't consistently bend the line that someone who's comfortably the tallest guy on the field has the potential to do. He runs over blokes every now and then but there's a certain consistent physicality, a reckless abandon for your own body that you see in good first grade wingers that he's yet to develop. Still because of his footwork, size and acceleration he was able to break a fair amount of tackles.

Jayden Tanner is a tough, willing forward. Doesn't look huge but he's a nuggety type forward with some footwork. Played both second row and prop and and put on some good shots. Ran hard, couldn't ask for much more effort wise. Got away with a shoulder charge that nailed a bloke though. Has this thing around his head similar to the one Josh McGuire wears.

Ratu Nanovo did solid prop stuff for most part but dropped the ball twice in the big game against England. He claimed it was stripped but from the angle I couldn't see it either time. He put a big hit on when England were camped on their goal line and another on a one hit up but doesn't seem to read attack well enough to get in a position to put on more despite trying too. I presume he might be one of those islander boys who moved to Australia when he was around 14 and is a bit unfamiliar with some of the subtler aspects of the sport.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Both those dumb f**ks should get life bans.

They are entitled to there day in Court and if found guilty then punishments should be each treated on the individual circumstances unique to each case. Obviously, past history of the player in question would also be a major factor. Life bans should and would only apply in the most serious of cases.

betcats

Referee
They are entitled to there day in Court and if found guilty then punishments should be each treated on the individual circumstances unique to each case. Obviously, past history of the player in question would also be a major factor. Life bans should and would only apply in the most serious of cases.

If he is found guilty of his charges he should be banned for a long time. If he makes an effort to rehabilitate himself maybe you can let him back but indecent assault is f**ked, f**k him off if he is guilty. I don't want dick heads who would associate with a guy like Musgrove at our club, f**king scumbag.

franklin2323

Immortal
If he is found guilty of his charges he should be banned for a long time. If he makes an effort to rehabilitate himself maybe you can let him back but indecent assault is f**ked, f**k him off if he is guilty. I don't want dick heads who would associate with a guy like Musgrove at our club, f**king scumbag.

They do things like ban punching and the shoulder charge to lift the standard... Yet off the field anything goes. Say sorry and you are back in the game

betcats

Referee
They do things like ban punching and the shoulder charge to lift the standard... Yet off the field anything goes. Say sorry and you are back in the game

Yeah it silly. They talk up their women in league round and I see nrl players doing anti domestic violence adds, well they need to put their money where their mouths are imo.

A bloke like Musgrove(already convicted once) who has f**ked up multiple times(assuming he is guilty this time) should never be sighted anywhere near the nrl again.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah it silly. They talk up their women in league round and I see nrl players doing anti domestic violence adds, well they need to put their money where their mouths are imo.

A bloke like Musgrove(already convicted once) who has f**ked up multiple times(assuming he is guilty this time) should never be sighted anywhere near the nrl again.

The majority of the people would applaud it. Shows how out of touch they really are

Kilkenny

Coach
I am not defending players who are guilty of acts of violence against women but outing them from the game for 'life' is an extreme punishment and all I say is each case needs to be judged on it's own. I read an article a few years ago which indicated the average time a person was incarcerated for Murder was 8 years. Go figure. I don't know what the answer is and it is an extremely challenging issue for the NRL.

betcats

Referee
I am not defending players who are guilty of acts of violence against women but outing them from the game for 'life' is an extreme punishment and all I say is each case needs to be judged on it's own. I read an article a few years ago which indicated the average time a person was incarcerated for Murder was 8 years. Go figure. I don't know what the answer is and it is an extremely challenging issue for the NRL.

The answer should be no scumbags at our club. If you are found guilty you are gone. f**king footballers must be the only blokes in the world who get so much support and empathy after assaulting a woman, f**king dropkicks.

Zane Musgrove has already been convicted once, he should never be sighted near the NRL again and any of our players who wanna hangout with him should be told to look elsewhere for a pay check. Cronulla lost potential sponsors because two of their players bagged a journo on that podcast, having convicted woman beating scum running around the NRL must send sponsors running.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
The answer should be no scumbags at our club. If you are found guilty you are gone. f**king footballers must be the only blokes in the world who get so much support and empathy after assaulting a woman, f**king dropkicks.

I know little about Liam Coleman, haven't met him and haven't read to much about him. He could be nicest bloke in the world for all we know. Any conclusions about his future should wait until the full facts of this matter are made public and his court case is concluded. That is the appropriate time to make an informed judgement on him as a person or his future at our club. You have made up your find about him when you know nothing about him as a person or exactly what it is he is alleged to have done and i'm not sure that is the best way to go in this instance. Indecent Assault can constitutue many things including an unwanted kiss, touch on the bottom etc etc and we simply don't know at this time what they are alleged to have done.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach

Zane Musgrove has already been convicted once, he should never be sighted near the NRL again and any of our players who wanna hangout with him should be told to look elsewhere for a pay check. Cronulla lost potential sponsors because two of their players bagged a journo on that podcast, having convicted woman beating scum running around the NRL must send sponsors running.

The Roosters are fine getting sponsors with Tetevano and his assault and he also blamed rugby league for it because of it's "toxic culture" or something like that.

Crashtest

Juniors
It looks like Walker will get his charges dropped. His fiance has retracted her statement, so unless the police have other witnesses, there probably wont be enough evidence to prosecute him.