What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
The Roosters are fine getting sponsors with Tetevano and his assault and he also blamed rugby league for it because of it's "toxic culture" or something like that.

Having deep pockets does that. Ask the average punter. Not even RL fans. How would you feel that type of person being
around your kids... Most would say no. There it is for me really

OldPanther

Coach
FFS, how do you end up in a fight with your partner over a video game?

Should've just thrown the controller on the floor like a normal person.

Having deep pockets does that. Ask the average punter. Not even RL fans. How would you feel that type of person being
around your kids... Most would say no. There it is for me really

Exactly. The club they play for matters more than their deeds.

I doubt anyone would want him at Panthers. The one guy I think should've been permanently banned.

Kilkenny

Coach
Looks like there might be, which is good. Just read on Foxsports that their neighbours may now become witnesses in the case.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/002f3696e96d10d779d956c6d12b8996

Otherwise it will probably end up like the Greg Bird incident a few years ago.

Herein is the problem in domestic violence cases. The parties involved, in 99% of cases, the female partner has a change of heart and the prosecution thereafter becomes very difficult regardless of whether there are ‘independent’witness or not. The Police have done there job as they are obliged (have no choice) to prefer charges once there is some evidence a DV offence may have been committed. It is not uncommon for the alleged victim to retract, change her story or become hostile towards the prosecution after the event. Sad but true in so many DV situations and unfortunately such events only empowers the perpetrator in so many instances.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
It looks like Walker will get his charges dropped. His fiance has retracted her statement, so unless the police have other witnesses, there probably wont be enough evidence to prosecute him.
A witness said Walker went chased her out on street and continued there. They have others.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I can see upsides and downsides for who ever they choose. I see the best candidates as being Maloney or Yeo and maybe DWZ.

I’m happy with who ever they choose really, as a few have already said, Maloney will be the General on the field what ever happens. Yeo May well be the best person to keep the refs on side?

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
While the figures will be slightly out. Didn't Tedesco get $1.2m over 4 years for the Nike deal? Where does that fall under?

It does prove the myth wrong that we can't compete with other teams as far as TPA's go

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
The NRL has made public the total value of each club's third-party agreements.

The Panthers came in 5th, but are a long way behind the two leaders in Storm and Broncos. I’m surprised the roosters receive so little given all their corporate connections.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/13...ents-public-and-strengthens-contract-process/
The one team cities have the most 3rd party deals. Such a big advantage. Melbourne, Brisbane and Cowboys get so much more than the Sydney teams.
Bulldogs and the Eels are so far behind, no wonder they struggle.
Funny how the salary cap is suppose to even the competition then the 3rd party agreements effectively allow Melbourne to pay for a immortal outside the salary cap.

kinghippo

Juniors
I am not sure how they got the figures for the third party this time but last time this was attempted the information was “Voluntary “.
I doubt the NRL has audited this info for themselves so it will be pretty inaccurate.

It does help shine a light on how unfair the system is though but I suspect the dollars involved would be much much higher than shown in these figures.

Crashtest

Juniors
Yeo is in the top 10 in the NRL for metres per run over the advantage line:

metres-over-advantage_20181217.jpg

This stat measures only a run that is the first to occur within a tackle, that doesn't follow a kick or turnover, and that starts behind the advantage line. Runs that begin within 10 metres of the attacking try-line are excluded.

OldPanther

Coach

This stat measures only a run that is the first to occur within a tackle, that doesn't follow a kick or turnover, and that starts behind the advantage line. Runs that begin within 10 metres of the attacking try-line are excluded.

Not surprised. He has a good skill for getting between defenders and driving them back on most of his runs. Also has some good acceleration for his size and position.

mxlegend99

Referee

Yeo really should be captaining NSW. Gaining 10m with a run shits on gaining 4m.