What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Jack remains contracted to us but will play for the warriors for an agreed upon period of time(4 weeks in this case i believe). Its a special rule for the warriors during this period i think.

It would be interesting if that loan period was extended to 6 weeks or more, which could possibly see him at the Warriors playing against us in Round 14 (August 14)

Kilkenny

Coach
It would be interesting if that loan period was extended to 6 weeks or more, which could possibly see him at the Warriors playing against us in Round 14 (August 14)

He wouldn’t be allowed to play against us. Similar to what occurs in say the EPL players on loan to other clubs are in 99% not allowed to play against there normal club.

GongPanther

Referee
Souths player not charged for that high tackle on Cleary. Nothing new from the NRL when no charges were applied when RCG busted his jaw V Easts.

Kilkenny

Coach
The interesting thing about the Jack Hetherington loan is that it only leaves us with Lenui and Ellis as front rower/second rower back ups from the current players outside the top 17.

Billy Burns hasn’t had a lot of minutes and can do a job but surely we need a little more grunt/go forward off the bench.

Leota & Tetevano are two spots, Burton has been a bench warmer.

Personally, I would have kept Hetherington and had him on the bench instead of Billy Burns. Maybe Spencer Lenui is close to returning, we can only hope so.

WestyLife

First Grade
I guess we now know what value Whare is bringing to the team.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2020/07/crichton-becomes-centre-of-attention-at-panthers/

Crichton becomes centre of attention at Panthers

After an outstanding start to the year, exciting Panthers centre Stephen Crichton is the name on everyone’s lips at the moment.

12 months ago not many people would’ve heard of the talented St Clair Comet however, in less than a year, Crichton has turned himself into a household name after becoming one of Penrith’s true x-factor players.

In his seven appearances so far this year, the 19-year-old has scored four tries including in recent games against the Rabbitohs and Storm.

Speaking with Weekender on Tuesday, Crichton credited a strong pre-season with the NRL squad for giving him the confidence to start the 2020 season with a bang.

“Last year I debuted in the NRL, but I didn’t have a pre-season [with first grade]. I’m heaps better this year, just because of that pre-season,” he said.

“It’s given me heaps of confidence because I know the boys I’m playing alongside a lot better.”

Before settling into his current role in the centres, Crichton began the season as a super-sub on Ivan Cleary’s bench. He scored a try in each of his two games off the interchange, prompting Cleary to find a more permanent position for him after the Coronavirus shutdown.
Crichton said he enjoys his role in the centres, but also liked the idea of playing fullback if the possibility arises down the track.

“I’ve always played centre but it’s good to play a variety of positions as well,” he said.

“If someone else is playing centre or someone gets injured I can slot into fullback, so it’s good learning both positions.”

Right now, the silky Samoan is making the number four jersey his own and crediting his fellow centre Dean Whare for helping him improve his game.

Last season – in his NRL debut – Crichton replaced Whare in the centres after the Kiwi veteran was dropped on form.

“After all my wrong reads in defence, Deano’s always the first one to tip me up about it in terms of my positioning on the field, getting up early etc,” Crichton said.
“Once I joined the pre-season he was into me straight away about the centre position and where I should be at the right time and where I shouldn’t be at the wrong time. He’s helped me out a lot, especially in that centre role, and I really look up to him.”

Crichton is contracted to the Panthers until the end of the 2021 season, but he’s expected to be in hot demand around the NRL if Penrith don’t lock him away. Crichton said he isn’t in negotiations yet, but his preference would be to remain a Panther long-term.

“I’m just enjoying playing where I am right now at Panthers and things like that will take care of itself,” he said.

“I don’t want to get too ahead of myself, I just want to play good footy and things like that will come along"

Kilkenny

Coach
You would expect a player like Dean Whare to be a great mentor for some of our younger outside backs. 10 years in the NRL and international experience for NZ. One of the reasons he was resigned on his extended deal was his value as a great clubman which was said at the time. He is at the back end of his career but obviously still has a role to play even if many would prefer we go in a different direction currently, which I can understand.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Just had a look at our draw fro the final 13 games.

Only five of these are against top 8 teams. Tigers twice, Manly, Raiders and the Eels.

Only one of those teams is in the top 5 (Eels).

Every other team we play are outside the top 8. Even thou we play Sharks and Cowboys twice we should win enough of these games to get us into the top four.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just had a look at our draw fro the final 13 games.

Only five of these are against top 8 teams. Tigers twice, Manly, Raiders and the Eels.

Only one of those teams is in the top 5 (Eels).

Every other team we play are outside the top 8. Even thou we play Sharks and Cowboys twice we should win enough of these games to get us into the top four.

Yep got a good headstart on

Kilkenny

Coach
See the Warriors may be taking a bit of a stand against the rouge player managers in addition to Ricky Stuart’s comment earlier in the week. The only way to really effectively stamp out some of the rubbish around the less reputable player manager’s is for all team’s to unite and act in unison.

Jane Murray

Bench
See the Warriors may be taking a bit of a stand against the rouge player managers in addition to Ricky Stuart’s comment earlier in the week. The only way to really effectively stamp out some of the rubbish around the less reputable player manager’s is for all team’s to unite and act in unison.
You lost me? Please, explain?

chrisD

Coach
Roosters are the best team in the league and we are the next best. Our draw leading into the finals is a bit too easy for my liking.

Latest posts