What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

mxlegend99

Referee
That is disciplining his kid.

Smacking your kid on the ass is fine (well it used to be anyway, nowadays you're probably up on assault charges).

Poking your finger in it has never been ok. No reason a players hand should ever be between another players ass cheeks.

This is one of the few times where other teams fans have a right to be outraged by the actions of our player.

The whoLe sexual assault narrative is or was silly.

Certainly, not something you want to see regardless of whether it is banter between two former team mates, not sure how that fits around the same act against Garrick, but just no more stupidity .
I will say this one more time, that could be classified as sodomy. Clearly Hopgood took offense, hence the lashing out. Also this was his second time he did that.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Gee folks are using words here they have no idea about.

Do you honestly think if Luke sodimized Hoogood, there would have been only a warning letter.

There would have been criminal charges laid too.

I would suggest that the video evidence is inconclusive at best. Especially when you realise that there are mutiple cameras used during the game.

Luke would have been brought in front of the MRC as a beginning point. That did not happen.

So claiming that Hopgood was being 'sodimized' is borderline hysteria.

(Note well: This does NOT mean I approve of what Luke did.)

Gee folks are using words here they have no idea about.

Do you honestly think if Luke sodimized Hoogood, there would have been only a warning letter.

There would have been criminal charges laid too.

I would suggest that the video evidence is inconclusive at best. Especially when you realise that there are mutiple cameras used during the game.

Luke would have been brought in front of the MRC as a beginning point. That did not happen.

So claiming that Hopgood was being 'sodimized' is borderline hysteria.

(Note well: This does NOT mean I approve of what Luke did.)
By poking, attempting, to poke someone in the arse, twice to two different people, is ATTEMPTED sodomizing. Simple

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Hopgood lashed out with his legs.

Players lash out with their legs in most tackles. That means nothing. If he had been poked in the bum, he would have made a compliant.
By poking, attempting, to poke someone in the arse, twice to two different people, is ATTEMPTED sodomizing. Simple

That's not what you said Jane.

Refer to my first paragraph. I believe your clutching at straws.

Players lash out with their legs in most tackles. That means nothing. If he had been poked in the bum, he would have made a compliant.

That's not what you said Jane.

Refer to my first paragraph. I believe your clutching at straws.
I am pretty fired up about this.

Also I've said along what I think of that vulgar act.

You have said the major word.....'not conclusive'.....the MRC didn't charge him, because the various camera angles show that the act couldn't be proven.

Also explains why you can't accuse Luke of 'sodmey' either.
The correct spelling is sodomy. It looked that way. It is a poor reflection. Simple.

soc123_au

Staff member
Because they're not based on fact.

Rumour, gossip and innuendo 'doth butter no pasnips' Chins.

Chinese whispers are nothing more than a children's game played at birthday parties.
Check out the Jimmy Saville doco, let me know what you think then.

I'll also say that I voted no to becoming a republic back in the day & still consider myself a Monarchist., but there are defenatly enablers amongst the royal family at best.

Goonji

Juniors
Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live