What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
That same act in any other workplace would at minimum get you fired and you'd be up on some kind of charge.
The football field is a unique workplace.

There is a long-standing law around players consenting to acts of violence which restricts there liability in terms of physical assaults.

Sexual harassment in the workplace is an entirely different ball game, there is no comparison to what May or May not appear to have taken place in a football field.

Inappropriate touching at the office annual Xmas party is entirely different.

But at the end of the day, you can’t be charged with a criminal offence unless there is a formal complaint from a person who claims to be a victim of a crime. No complaint, no victim, no investigation , no crime.

martielang

Bench
That same act in any other workplace would at minimum get you fired and you'd be up on some kind of charge.

You'd also get fired for tackling someone to the ground at any other workplace. Or speaking to your colleagues the way they do etc etc It's not apples for apples.

I'd also argue on every construction site across Australia something similar happens daily between employees/mates - rightly or wrongly. He's dumb as dogshit doing it on national TV though.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You'd also get fired for tackling someone to the ground at any other workplace. Or speaking to your colleagues the way they do etc etc It's not apples for apples.

I'd also argue on every construction site across Australia something similar happens daily between employees/mates - rightly or wrongly. He's dumb as dogshit doing it on national TV though.
You'd get smacked straight in the mouth on any site I've worked on thats for sure

mxlegend99

Referee
Agree to disagree. Regardless of who it is, I think I'd see it for what (I believe) it is just stupidity between mates.
So he's mates with Ruben Garrick too?

He done it twice (atleast...) in separate games to separate players. I suppose it was just stupidity between mates when Hopoate did it too?

Sticking your finger in a players ass on the field is a bit more than stupidity between mates.

mxlegend99

Referee

Tackling each other is part of the job.

Sticking your finger in their ass is not part of the job. Unless you're a sex worker or a doctor there's no job where that's acceptable.

I cant believe anyone is defending this. There's absolutely no way the people defending him would feel the same way if he was at another club.

It's ridiculous that Corey Horsborough has copped 4 weeks for a good front on tackle... While Soni Luke has stuck his finger in a guys ass and just gets a letter to say it's a concerning act. Yet when Hopoate did it he copped a massive ban (rightfully so). Shit like this is why people think we're getting preferential treatment.

If there's any incident deserving of a massive ban. That was it.

martielang

Bench

Sticking your finger in their ass is not part of the job. Unless you're a sex worker or a doctor there's no job where that's acceptable.

I cant believe anyone is defending this. There's absolutely no way the people defending him would feel the same way if he was at another club.

It's ridiculous that Corey Horsborough has copped 4 weeks for a good front on tackle... While Soni Luke has stuck his finger in a guys ass and just gets a letter to say it's a concerning act. Yet when Hopoate did it he copped a massive ban (rightfully so). Shit like this is why people think we're getting preferential treatment.

I’d feel the same way regardless of who it was. I just don’t see any malice nor is it gamesmanship. Theres no advantage for him to gain from a football perspective, I genuinely think he's having a laugh with his mate. Like when fielders slap a bowler on the arse after a wicket. Massive ban, sackings, sexual assault is just crazy talk to me.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I’d feel the same way regardless of who it was. I just don’t see any malice nor is it gamesmanship. Theres no advantage for him to gain from a football perspective, I genuinely think he's having a laugh with his mate. Like when fielders slap a bowler on the arse after a wicket. Massive ban, sackings, sexual assault is just crazy talk to me.
I know we now have a different system with the judiciary (the fines are a farce) what reasons can you personally give to justify what Soni Luke has done twice is different to Hoppa?

MugaB

Coach
This isn't about malice, or gamesmanship, i can tell you now why he did it, and will probably continue to do this or something else grubbily similar... count how long it takes for the player to play the ball after he gets the prodding... soni has intentionally slowed the play the ball.. garrick kicks out, another few seconds there, the player is stunned enough that our line is set... plus word circulates that soni does this often, next time someone targets him, they'll be cautious enough that maybe they run elsewhere first... i doubt this specific anus poke happens again given the media has pointed it out, but its a tactic set to slow down the oppostion

Iamback

Coach
This isn't about malice, or gamesmanship, i can tell you now why he did it, and will probably continue to do this or something else grubbily similar... count how long it takes for the player to play the ball after he gets the prodding... soni has intentionally slowed the play the ball.. garrick kicks out, another few seconds there, the player is stunned enough that our line is set... plus word circulates that soni does this often, next time someone targets him, they'll be cautious enough that maybe they run elsewhere first... i doubt this specific anus poke happens again given the media has pointed it out, but its a tactic set to slow down the oppostion

Deep heat on legs was used for the same thing when I played

martielang

Bench
I know we now have a different system with the judiciary (the fines are a farce) what reasons can you personally give to justify what Soni Luke has done twice is different to Hoppa?

Im not getting into specifics of bum pokes but the eye test alone should say enough. So too the fact that neither player has complained or reacted aggressively.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Luckily for some of us in the bedroom.....

Have you now Chins, taken to answering yourself.

Alice In Wonderland Day Dream GIF by Disney

Kilkenny

Coach

He didn’t get anywhere the anal cavity or asshole.

It is an impossibility, at what stage did he remove, or move the clothing which would have enabled him to digitally penetrate the bottom or anus.

At the very worst it was a tickle, if he even got anywhere near the private part.

Really, any other player from any other team my opinion would be no different. It is a non event other than the fact it is dumb, stupid, and something he needs to get out of his game if it is fact an issue.

Kilkenny

Coach

They can look at a numerous camera angles for a try or no try just the same as there are a numerous camera angles for the Soni Luke incident. If there was a camera angle which was more definitive he would have been punished accordingly, and rightfully so.

It is just ridiculous to suggest he came even close to somehow digitally penetrating Hopgoods bottom.

Blues Riff

Bench
Hoppa had proof.

Nothing here, that is the big difference
Correct, all I see is an open hand preventing the player from standing up. In the Garrick case some fkn narc has gone through Luke's game with a fine tooth comb and found him grabbing a hand full of Ruben's shorts.
Hoppa's case was completely different. Multiple obvious pokes over several games, joked about in video sessions by team mates and coach.

Latest posts