What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
That is disciplining his kid.

Smacking your kid on the ass is fine (well it used to be anyway, nowadays you're probably up on assault charges).

Poking your finger in it has never been ok. No reason a players hand should ever be between another players ass cheeks.

This is one of the few times where other teams fans have a right to be outraged by the actions of our player.

again care to post a screen shot that shows his finger actually inside his shorts?

Iamback

Coach
You have said the major word.....'not conclusive'.....the MRC didn't charge him, because the various camera angles show that the act couldn't be proven.

Also explains why you can't accuse Luke of 'sodmey' either.

it really is that simple.

No player made a complaint
The referee report didn't mention it
Nor did the bunker put it on report
Then the MRC

There is a lot of steps to get a charge up, There is no way the NRL would or should let someone who did that play finals footy.

murraymob

Coach
Funny ciraldo said the days were longer at his previous job when asked about the Bulldogs apparently having long days in this week's press conference. Shows the attitude of the players and staff at each club.
Part of that was his travel home to penrith and back he lives in the shire

murraymob

Coach
I know we now have a different system with the judiciary (the fines are a farce) what reasons can you personally give to justify what Soni Luke has done twice is different to Hoppa?
The difference is simple.The cowboys made a onfeild complaint .That gave them more than just the video .Luke has just the video as so far no players have made official complaints

Blues Riff

Bench
Nothing patronising about it. Camera showed him do it and the nrl sent a letter to him which doesn't happen over a maybe.
The inferrence that opinions other than your own are based on which club a person supports.
OK tell us how it would be a very different conversation if it were a Souths or Eels player.
To me it's about as patronising as a pat on the head.

You've lost me. I agreed that his actions were bad based on what we saw in the video. Sodomy isn't what happened though. Your past experiences don't change that. Most of us have had f**ked up experiences in our lives, doesn't mean we can call shit what it isn't.
I said ATTEMPTED sodomy.

BxTom

Bench
The inferrence that opinions other than your own are based on which club a person supports.
OK tell us how it would be a very different conversation if it were a Souths or Eels player.
To me it's about as patronising as a pat on the head.
Yes, I would like to see that too. I do not recall anyone on here not saying it was a poor move. However some, including myself, pointed out that it would not incur a charge of sexual assault. One such person is an ex cop and I suspect, in the case of Kilkenny, an ex cop or paralegal or Court Official. If people want to disagree, good for them. When there is no such charge forthcoming, they can canvas the Government to change the law to suit.