What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

No Jane, it’s not, according to the definition and the law, it’s not. It’s not any sort of sexual offence, that’s just facts. You might have a different opinion, but it’s not correct.
This is the last time I'll discuss this. Please, read this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230831_220052.jpg
    Screenshot_20230831_220052.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 13

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This is the last time I'll discuss this. Please, read this
According to the law, that contact from Soni Luke would never be considered “Sexual”.

You can Google it all you like, it’s missing the key elements of a sexual offence. Even if he tackled him in the street and did that, it wouldn’t be prosecuted as a sexual offence.

You’re off the mark here. The Law is quite clear in its definition.

Iamback

Coach
f**k me dead. Its not under the shorts so it doesn't count?

I guess Hopoate didn't do anything wrong either then. He was only poking guys in the ass through the shorts too.

Without a complaint is it doesn't. Can't prove it off a single camera shot. Particularly as some have compared it to May that is a sexual conviction.

Well no. Hoppa had 3 players say he put his finger in their ass.

Hoppa said he was trying to give them a wedgie.

So confirmed he had his fingers there... hence no need for a video. Though I do remember a shot that pretty much showed it.

As opposed to no complaint. Only picked up due to someone on social media. No one should be fired off such alone

Chins get the wins

First Grade
According to the law, that contact from Soni Luke would never be considered “Sexual”.

You can Google it all you like, it’s missing the key elements of a sexual offence. Even if he tackled him in the street and did that, it wouldn’t be prosecuted as a sexual offence.

As a former cop you should know the law has a million stupid holes. Soni touched his butthole without consent, end of story

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
As a former cop you should know the law has a million stupid holes. Soni touched his butthole without consent, end of story

You have complete evidence of the fact. Or do you have grainy TV evidence which proves nothing.

If it's as you say Chins, why didn't the MRC charge him, and why aren't the police involved ?

One phrases, and one phrase only......'Lack of evidence'.

All your protests Chins, in the end 'doth butter no pasnips'. Yell and scream all you like.

If the evidence isn't there, nothing can be proven.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
You have complete evidence of the fact. Or do you have grainy TV evidence which proves nothing.

If it's as you say Chins, why didn't the MRC charge him, and why aren't the police involved ?

One phrases, and one phrase only......'Lack of evidence'.

All your protests Chins, in the end 'doth butter no pasnips'. Yell and scream all you like.

If the evidence isn't there, nothing can be proven.
Be better Alice

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Be better Alice

I am better.

Chins, unlike you I deal with facts, and facts only.

I don't deal with rambling hysteria over something that can't be proven.

As I've said on numerous occassions, IF There was clear cut video evidence, and a complaint made. Both the MRC would have charged him along with the police.

The Beat Media GIF by MSNBC

But I suppose you consider it 'more fun' to do this.

Donald Trump Conspiracy GIF by Election 2016

Kilkenny

Coach
In order for the NSW Police to initiate a formal investigation it would require the alleged victim to make a statement of complaint. It is highly unlikely there would be any corroborating evidence in the form of witnesses, who could also eye witness testimony as to what they saw or didn’t see.

So in this instance only the alleged victim, J’Maine Hopgood can provide direct evidence about what Soni Lukes finger, fingers or hands did and whether one or more of those came into contact with his anus or penetrated his anus. The video evidence of which many seem to think proves all, is far from conclusive, and is largely circumstantial and does not directly prove the fact there was digital penetration and or unwanted touching.

Last and perhaps most importantly, only J’Maine Hopgood can provide direct evidence that he did not give his consent, the video evidence cannot do that for him and neither can any other potential witness.

There are many, many other factors which would make it very difficult to proceed with a criminal prosecution arising from this incident. I have mentioned but a few in other posts on this situation and won’t go over them again.

The only thing I will say, in respect to an issue raised by MX is there are lesser offences, much less serious such as Indecent Assault where the alleged offender touches another persons private parts be they boobs, penis, bottom or anus from outside articles of clothing worn. If such inappropriate touching is done without the explicit consent of the victim then a criminal prosecution could follow provided there is a victim willing to give sworn testimony in court.

Too many have drawn there conclusions from a snippet of footage and frankly as it stands there is no reasonable prospect on which to base a criminal prosecution on the video footage alone.

It is unwanted touching. It could be classified as assault.

WestyLife

First Grade
Stupid holes??? Please mate, this doesn’t even go close to constituting a criminal offence.

Yeah that wouldn't happen but the arguments that it's grainy footage and we don't see his hand in the players shorts are also dumb arguments. A concerning act notice doesn't go to players for the fun of it.

Assault during a contact sport where both parties are willing participants.

I don’t think so Jane, that would go nowhere.
Yes I'm aware that footy is a contact sport, the contact should not be around the anus, and it shouldn't appear that he is poking someone in the bum You are wrong. Enjoy your day

Iamback

Coach
Yeah that wouldn't happen but the arguments that it's grainy footage and we don't see his hand in the players shorts are also dumb arguments. A concerning act notice doesn't go to players for the fun of it.

So you'd be happy to lose your job based on similar video only?

The argument isn't did he touch his ass, That we saw ( Also happens many times a game ). The argument is did he put his fingers in the ass, How can that happen if he fingers don't go in his shorts?

The NRL often sends letters.mainly for things that are a bad look but not against the rules

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
So you'd be happy to lose your job based on similar video only?

The argument isn't did he touch his ass, That we saw ( Also happens many times a game ). The argument is did he put his fingers in the ass, How can that happen if he fingers don't go in his shorts?

The NRL often sends letters.mainly for things that are a bad look but not against the rules

I would lose my job and others at my company have.

If getting into the shorts is the standard then Hoppa did nothing wrong. These arguments are why I said it's because he's a Panthers player. They are deliberately extreme to paint him in a better light.

Latest posts