What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting to know you

imported_Beast

Juniors
Yes we did, more of a termination than a birth..never trust your own kids I say, except I do not have kids.
Norths back for 2003 in all seriousness, we just do not have the time or structure to have a team for 2002, thanks the current NRL for that.
I 'll keep my dough on the Broncos still, Bennett will get them moving again, they just need finish top 4 or top 2 and they will be there!
What is happening with your Qld Cup, you can ill afford to have that flounder!

1. Melbourne Storm
2. Essendon
3. Country NSW
4. Drinking (without driving)
5. Unecessary abuse from my better half .... women hmfff!
6. After a few spirits, everything looks just fine
7. Very impressed, though it would be good if the other 90 or so percentof the members here decided to participate more often, instead of just the usual 10 or so percent.
Time for bed now. Not looking forward to the hangover in the mornin' though.
'nite all.

G@v

Juniors
Brett and Whiskey Priest, welcome aboard.

WP, I'm sure you'll find in most forums it's the usual 10% or so who do most of the posting.

Ickis

Juniors
1. Canberra Raiders
2. ACT Brumbies, Canberra Cosmos, Canberra Cannons, Canberra Capitals
3. Gungahlin, Canberra
4. Squash, touch football
5. Software engineering
6.This year has been an embarassing one to be a Raiders' fan
7.No, not really. :)

M

mud n blood

Beast - Qld Cup .... hmmmpf!

If we didn't have a league admin up here with the combined marketing, promotional and developmental nouse of a lentil, we'd be going okay !!! They've managed to take the profile of a great comp and turn it into sub-district shit.

Don't get me wrong, the standard is terrific .... but you wouldn't know ubless you physically go to a game. Currently, I'd even rate AFL and rugby union as higher profiles than RL. It's pathetic.

Now - your Bears .... do you really see them reappearing after a year in the wilderness ? I have my doubts. I feel they have to be there immediately if they are to survive.

Anyway .... onwards and upwards !!!

imported_Beast

Juniors
Mud-
Yes I do believe that they can reappear, at this moment with the administrator calling the shots we do not have a football manager, coach or playing roster fro first grade..we need to spend the rest of this year and most of next establishing that. The News/NRL know that is the case so I would be very surprised if they allow a 16th team for 2002, they will sit and wait.
Shame about the geniuss running down your local comp, they should be moved on, like your minor shareholders in the Broncos getting jumpy..things are moving up Broncos way

C

CanadianSteve

Gav: Thanks, I tried to watch a few games on that site, but as you say the picture is very small and and really couldn't get much out of it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This one...for the new members.
emwink.gif

imported_Jackal

Juniors
1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ?
Brisbane Broncos.

2.) Favourite other sport / teams?
Formula 1 (Ferrari and Schu-ee), Soccer (Man United), AFL (Bombers), V8 Supercars (no particular fav), Cricket (Queensland, Mark Waugh and Australia).

3.) Approximately, where do you live ?
Sydney, Australia (originally from Queensland, Australia).

4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ?
I played Grade Cricket for Queensland for1 season, and Rugby League all throughout my Primary and High School era. I play Touch Footy currently and Indoor Cricket. I use to play Indoor Soccer, but it turned out to be alot more violent and rougher than I though, and decided it wasn't for me.

5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ?
At present it's studying Anatomy and Physical Educationat Uni. The human body is an incredible 'machine', and the more I study it the more I know I've found my true passion. Other than that, I love training at the gym, and enjoy reading Self Inprovement books.

6.) Any other other comments about yourself ?
I'm only here in Sydney until my studies are completed, than hope to be heading back home to Queensland. Sydney is just to fast and crazy for my liking. I cop alot of flack from Sydnet-siders for supporting the Broncos, but refuse to give in .... but I know that it's all in good fun. Rugby League is my preferred choice of sporst above all others.

7.) Any comments about this forum ?
I haven't been here long enough to make an honest opinion, but fromthe postsI've seen in the last day or so,I love the variety of topics addressed. My friend from Uni (Reservoir Dog)speaks very highly of the posts and poster here, and advised me to sit back for a few days or so watch how informative and funit is, so I'm taking his advice. It's also the first time I've been a part of a 'real' Forum.
Sorry for carrying on :eek:)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No worries Jackal, you can carry on as much as you like.
emthup.gif

Welcome aboard.

Jackal,

I know what you mean about indoor soccer. Playing the game in those close quarters leads to a lot of contact if you play that way. I played for a season against some soccer players who were trying to play it as a game of skill, but since my brother and I are sadly lacking in finesse, we simply ran over the top of the suckers. The owners of the centre asked us not to play again because the soccer players were all threatening to pull out of the comp if we weren't banned.

imported_Jackal

Juniors
Thanks Willow.
Roopy,
I only played Indoor Soccer for a few months, after a grueling selection and pre-season porocess. The pre-season was alot of fun and I very much enjoyed the fun aspect ofit. Infact I honestly thought it was a sport I would play for a very long time. Not only was it fun, but the aerobic (cardiovascular)and anaerobic (resistance)benefits were somewhat rewarding.
Once the actaul season started, things changed for the worse almost instantly. The competitiveness was what I expected and was warned about before hand, but the violence and intentional foul play and thuggerywas not something I expected or was told about.
We were envolved in needless brawls (players and spectators), andI saw some of the worst intentionalinjuriesinflicted in back play. I've seen referee's and playersbashed by otherplayers, andcoaches and fans getting it onon three seperate ocassions. The supporters at most games seem to me tobe there just in the hope that a fight broke out in my opinion, so they could participate in it. I never understood that mentality of people.The cops were called in on half a dozen seperate ocassion.
Needless to say,I soon realised that this was not the game I though it was or expected it to be. So I decided to leave three quarters of the way throughout the season. It was one of the best decisions I made, and I haveno regrets whatsoever aboutit..... except for the friendships that I made.
The fact thatI was also new in Sydney at the time, and only here with my girlfriend, was something that genuinely scared me. But I still refuse to put the game down as a whole up until this day, just some players and the majority of the fans. The game is great to play and watch ..... just my experience with it was sour.

imported_Jackal

Juniors
I'm off to Shark Park now, after a last minute decision, to see my beloved Broncos take on the Sharks.
I hope to rejoin this Forum later on today.
Good luck to the Brisbane Broncos today.

imported_Hazy

Juniors
1.) Who is your favourite Rugby League team(s) ?
Queensland SOO, Norths Brisbane Devils, and the Roosters
2.) Favourite other sport / teams ?
Rugby Union, QLD Reds
3.) Approximately, where do you live ?
Right next to Chadstone, the (one time?) biggest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere (thats Melbourne BTW)
4.) What other sporting activities / pastimes do you take part in ?
Gymworkand swimming, running is quickly becoming a non-option
5.) What's your main non- sporting activity ?
Everything I do is directed towards sport in some way, i only work to pay for tickets and internet connection
6.) Any other other comments about yourself ?
Coach a school (u15) Rugby Union side in Melbourne, hope to study sports management in 2002
7.) Any comments about this forum ?
the lack of a cute backside section is disconcerting....

imported_Jackal

Juniors
Raging Bulldog,
No, I have no regrets about attending the game yesterday, even though the loss was disapointing. I think the season is far from being over for the Broncos or that they're far from finished, and I'm sure most people will agree with me. I hope so anyway.
I'm a true and loyal Broncos supporter, and will stick by my team no matter how they are performing, regardless of the fact that I'm now living in Sydney and cop alot of flack from Sydney-siders. A win soon wouldn't be bad orgo astray though.
*fingers tightly crossed*
emsmile.gif

L

legend

The Jackal, there's nothing like playing the Raiders to get your season back on track. They will let you get your confidence back and you will give them a flogging. Just what the doctor ordered a couple of weeks out from the semis. Have no fear mate.