What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Defensive Display of all time? *spoilers*

2010Dragons

Bench
Awsome defence by the broncos today.
But the mighty red V did beat the broncos early this season.
The storm had no other idea other than kick it in goal...hence the lost.

stevejay

Juniors
Dragons a few years ago holding out Manly for 36 straight tackles was better by a mile. Back when Manly were one of the more potent forces in the game. Yep that wss much better.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Sensational effort from the Broncos and their fans should be absolutely stoked with that and excited about the rest of the season.

Pity I Bleed Monthly is a f**king mong.

isaiah

Bench
Great defence but this is why many of us hate the Broncos, no humility and plenty of hyperbole.

I fully expect the Broncos to be in the final 4 teams standing at least this year but I'll be cheering on their opponents hard.

You will be hard while cheering on their opponents?

isaiah

Bench
Sensational effort from the Broncos and their fans should be absolutely stoked with that and excited about the rest of the season.

Pity I Bleed Monthly is a f**king mong.

I thought st george were the best defensive side befote today

Shorty

Staff member
Lol um wasn't the op or some other Broncos dimwit expecting & assuming to rack up a cricket score on the Storm in the other thread?

some11

Referee
BTW the actual award goes to Johnnie Cochran, F. Lee Bailey, Robert Shapiro, Robert Kardashian and Alan Dershowitz.

Shorty

Staff member
Koribetie, Parker, Hodges, and Nikorima didn't play either. Laugh all you want that was an epic effort defensively.
I don't think you can compare those to Cronk and Slater....especially when you have Ben Hunt running around at halfback.

Big Pete

Referee
Unfortunately Hunt wasn't that great for Brisbane and has a habit of being found out in big games like this.

Brisbane aren't exactly struggling when it comes to halves replacements either. The likes of Taylor and J. Nikorima are dying for a taste of first grade. Both combined extremely well to put 74 points on the Storm NYC side and they're easily the best halves pairing coming through.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Hunt had a shocker, and Milford wasn't much better. A big part of the reason Brisbane spent the whole game defending their line.

Ulysseus

Bench
BTW the actual award goes to Johnnie Cochran, F. Lee Bailey, Robert Shapiro, Robert Kardashian and Alan Dershowitz.

That is definitely one of the all time great defences.
Although the prosecution made quiet a few fumbles there as well.

blaza88z

Coach
Bennett was critical of our 5th tackle options, as good as our defense is you can't keep expecting to turn teams away, it's not the first time this year we've had to defend a barrage of dropouts

Hunt has to improve that aspect of his game, I thought in our last game he was great with his long kicks but he took a step backwards in this game