What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Unfortunately when teenegers go away from their families, it can cause serious issues in the long term. Especially if they had grown up in a close, caring family. It will always affect the bloke`s personality.

However, it`s not really the NRL`s fault, but it`s the parents` fault for letting him go before he was ready.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Oh please cry me a f**king river.....the poor boy had to go away from his family at 17. Most youngsters from the country leave home to go to Uni or find work at 17/18. But they dont get paid a heap of money, have accomodation provided and are looked after as well as these footballers.

All these posts just seem to be trying to blame anyone but the scumbag who did this to the poor girl!

Hutty1986

Immortal
Oh please cry me a f**king river.....the poor boy had to go away from his family at 17. Most youngsters from the country leave home to go to Uni or find work at 17/18. But they dont get paid a heap of money, have accomodation provided and are looked after as well as these footballers.

All these posts just seem to be trying to blame anyone but the scumbag who did this to the poor girl!

Exactly. If the Sharks don't sack him, it will be an absolute disgrace

I left home when I was 17 to live in England, which is a bit different to Bird who only drove 3 hours down the F3. I came back a year later and still have no desire to punch, let alone glass, a woman (or anyone for that matter). The guy is a grub, and anyone who tries to pin it on society/NRL/Sharks/leaving home/etc is looking for the easy way out. The sooner this knobend realises what he has done, and admits it, then the better for those involved. I'm not saying he should be forgiven however.

cyberdj

Juniors
Is Bird's sister serious? I knew at the young age of 10 or 11 years old that you don't smash a glass into anyone's face... did the Sharks and NRL take him as a 17 year old and teach him the 'proper ways' of glassing someone? No! His entirely responsible for his own actions and may he rot in jail for at least a decade.

drake

First Grade
I left home at 16, can I commit grevious bodily harm too?

Noooo, I don't get payed sh*tloads of money and have an excuse factory working for me.

Thomas

First Grade
What f**king drivel.

Plenty of people leave home as a teenager and go and work in the big wide world and don't end up glassing women.

Bird has anger management issues and is prone to brain snaps. That is easy to see. Got nothing to do with the sport or the club, ffs.

sharko

Juniors
The sooner Bird is back on the footy field the sooner this mess will go away.
Glassing women is not his go, he plays it hard on the pitch but is a decent bloke off it, his family know that, that is why they are sticking up for him.
This matter will be sorted out soon enough and hopefully Bird and his woman can get back together and everything will be sweet!

Pierced Soul

First Grade
The sooner Bird is back on the footy field the sooner this mess will go away.
Glassing women is not his go, he plays it hard on the pitch but is a decent bloke off it, his family know that, that is why they are sticking up for him.
This matter will be sorted out soon enough and hopefully Bird and his woman can get back together and everything will be sweet!

i do hope you're taking the piss cos if you arnt you're the biggest genius on the internet...

as for the sister she's as dumb as bird is... i think she should sue the glass manufacturer and the girlfriend who obviously put her head in the wrong place

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
i do hope you're taking the piss cos if you arnt you're the biggest genius on the internet...

as for the sister she's as dumb as bird is... i think she should sue the glass manufacturer and the girlfriend who obviously put her head in the wrong place

Wait up. Guilt hasn't been established yet. You're all quick to hang a bloke as if he's an Iraqi in Gitmo.

Sharko's point is that it would be best for the NRL if this blows over and Bird gets back to footy. There's a World Cup coming up.

All this vigilante stuff doesn't achieve anything.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
I think we all know he did it....especially after his mate advised that he wanted him to take the rap for it. Whether he gets off on a technicality or the girlfriend decides not to press charges doesnt mean he didnt do it

Snoop

Coach
Sharko's point is that it would be best for the NRL if this blows over and Bird gets back to footy. There's a World Cup coming up.

Yes, because our biggest concern in this case is what's best for the NRL, not the fact that a women had a glass smashed into her head.

S.R.

Juniors
I will be mortified if any English team signed up Bird after this.

The guy is a total Pr!ck

If he's found guilty he should never be allowed to play the game anywhere (after his sentence)

Let me say that no one should be subjected to assault, man or woman. I do not condone anything of the sort... but...

Why can a guy not be allowed to WORK because of this?
If he was a plumber he'd be sweet. If he was a sparky he'd be sweet. So why not a footy player?

There have been footy players who have been to jail and come out and played NRL. Why should Greg Bird be different?

I'm all for the Sharks standing him down pending investigation. I'm all for the Sharks sacking him if he is found guilty. But to say he should be banned for life is concerning to me.

Shorty

Staff member
Wait up. Guilt hasn't been established yet. You're all quick to hang a bloke as if he's an Iraqi in Gitmo.

LOL Are you kidding me?
What's best for the NRL?

Yeah because Bird playing NRL after this whole situation is really good for the game.
People will be overjoyed.
How'd the whole Bulldogs scandal of 2004 go down?

The things people say!

Latest posts