What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Snoop

Coach
None of which indicate a deliberate glassing.

Oh my gods, two people in a relationship were sreaming and yelling at each other, I dont believe it.

You must be 14.

And you're basing his innocence on her love.

Seriously, how did a glass get smashed into her eye by accident. All of the 'reasons' I've heard so far are marginally better that the classic sex offender excuse of 'I fell and it just went in'.

Brookie

Juniors
i applaud the very few sharks fans who see what has really happened here and are happy not to have an alleged woman basher playing for them untill it is all sorted.

but to the other blind fans who are saying let him play, you are filthy scum just like bird.

41 years and won f**k all is really getting to some people

Noa

First Grade
And you're basing his innocence on her love.

Seriously, how did a glass get smashed into her eye by accident. All of the 'reasons' I've heard so far are marginally better that the classic sex offender excuse of 'I fell and it just went in'.

He may have thrown it meaning it to hit the wall and it hit her or he may have pushed or bumped into her and she fell on one that was lying around for which he should receive some form of counseling and punishment.

However none of those scenarios are nearly as bad as sticking it directly and deliberately into her face.

MSIH

Bench
Mr Milligan is the key here. The bloke has flown from around the world to find his daughter in hospital with farkin glass in her eye, but even He is happy with the version of events that both greg and katie have told him.

Good point. They only lied to the police, they wouldn't lie to her father :roll:

El Diablo

Post Whore
i applaud the very few sharks fans who see what has really happened here and are happy not to have an alleged woman basher playing for them untill it is all sorted.

yet this didn't matter when Watmough was accused

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21964035-5001028,00.html
Rugby league player given AVO
Article from: AAP

By Katherine Field

June 25, 2007 04:27pm

MANLY rugby league player Anthony Watmough has been ordered to stay away from his former partner for 12 months following accusations of a string of violent attacks.
The 23-year-old Sea Eagles second rower was today slapped with an apprehended violence order (AVO) in Sydney's Manly Local Court, where his former partner of seven years Gillian Rixon, 24, claimed he abused her on several occasions in 2004 and 2005.

Watmough, wearing a navy blue pin-stripe suit and pink shirt looked downcast as Magistrate Jane Culver ordered him to stay at least 100 metres away from Ms Rixon's North Narrabeen home and workplace.

Watmough, from Harbord, is not allowed to contact Ms Rixon, or any close relation of hers, unless it is through legal representations.

The court heard that Ms Rixon feared more violence from Watmough, whom she said had assaulted her on three occasions after drinking heavily.

On one occasion, Watmough is alleged to have pushed Ms Rixon into a table at the Manly Wharf Bar on New Year's Eve 2004/05, and of throwing coins and a chair at her later in the evening at her unit.

Watmough's lawyer Garry Gillet dismissed Ms Rixon's statements as "fabrications and lies'' but magistrate Jane Culver said her evidence was "clearly reliable''.

"It was clear to me when cross examined about the particular details Ms Rixon had a very clear recall of what occurred,'' Magistrate Culver told the court.

"The evidence she gave was spontaneous and was based upon a great deal of of recall.

"I find that Ms Rixon was genuine, credible and that her evidence did accord with common sense.''

Watmough is also accused of assaulting Ms Rixon outside the Manly home of his manager, George Mimis, on January 21, 2005 at 5am, where he and fellow Sea Eagles player Travis Burns were entertaining two women.

Watmough denied any violent behaviour, but Magistrate Culver said: "If they were as the defendant suggests just standing in front of the gate, why would police officers come up to the door?''.

The court also heard today that when police attended the scene outside Mr Mimis' house,
Watmough threatened to take away financial support from Ms Rixon if she spoke up.

It is alleged that Watmough said: "I've got the money, I've got the power, I'll take everything from you''.

Ms Rixon earlier gave evidence that an intoxicated Watmough tried to jam her in between sliding doors after the two attended a 21st birthday party in August 2004.

Mr Gillet told the court that the incident didn't occur and that Watmough was not drunk because he was able to play a full 80 minutes of first grade NRL against Wests Tigers the following day, but Magistrate Culver said "I don't think I can say no footballers drink a fair amount of alcohol on the night before a match''.

No police charges have been laid over any of the incidents.

The court also heard that Watmough had believed his relationship with Ms Rixon had ended in December 2005, but Magistrate Culver accepted that Ms Rixon believed the relationship was continuing.

During the hearing, Watmough called three witnesses including Mr Mimis, Mr Byrnes, and friend Jesse Bird, who testified against Rixon's recollection of events.

But Magistrate Culver questioned the reliability of their evidence, also taking into account photographs showing bruises on Ms Rixon's arms.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors

but to the other blind fans who are saying let him play, you are filthy scum just like bird.

Watmough's character has been well and trully questioned. Why doesn't it bother you that he running around for your team?

monkey1

Juniors
sorry guys but this happens all the time, when a domesic incident occurs one minute the victim wants jusctice, gets to court all lovey dovey. The new domestic laws were created to protect idiots

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
I must have missed the part where he was charged with something.

I have no issue with Watmough playing. The above fellow thinks Bird should be flicked from Cronulla based on his questionable character. Watmough's character has been similarly questioned. I was asking him to explain the double standard.

Inferno

Coach

hahaha, please Brookie, tell us "what really happened"?

no comments in this thread http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=169617

although brookie wasn't a member at the time i'm sure they would've had internet access

Im not here to do your homework for you.

If you say that Brookie didnt care when watmough was involved in an incident then feel free to post where he displayed that opinion.

But you seem to have already contradicted yourself by revealing Brookie wasnt posting here at that time. Nice character assasination sport.