What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Snoop

Coach
I fnd it unfathamable that people on here are actually disappointed that it looks like nothing serious happend

No, you just simply find it hard to use your brain.

What is unfathomable is that fact that you think, simply because the girl says she still loves Bird, that it means that nothing happened.

Neighbours head fighting, heard he blame Bird, Bird tried to blame a mate and police have charged him and are mounting a case against him but evidently that all counts for naught as long as the victim says she loves the alleged attacker.

Unbelievable.

cheese

Bench
Ok so it's not a fact that he(and Katie) were planning and told police that his mate did it,without even discussing it with the mate beforehand?
They were willing to let the guy take the blame..
Is that a lie is it?

did what you farkin idiot??

They said there was an accident.

Silly thing to do without asking, but it's not as though they said the mate attacked her.

MSIH

Bench
did what you farkin idiot??

Silly thing to do without asking, but it's not as though they said the mate attacked her.

If it was an accident there would be no need to implicate his mate would there? If it was an accident he'd have no dramas.

Shorty

Staff member

:lol:
Oh so that makes it ALL different.
Stating that a mate was responsible for the accident(without telling him) when he wasn't even there!

LOL Good one!

Snoop

Coach
And assuming that any criminal charges will be dropped he should still be suspended for the rest of the year for being involved in the whole unsavoury incident.

I don't think the police are going to drop the charges.

cheese

Bench
If it was an accident there would be no need to implicate his mate would there? If it was an accident he'd have no dramas.

bullshyt ...the tele would have strung him out as a wife beater without question.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
No, you just simply find it hard to use your brain.

What is unfathomable is that fact that you think, simply because the girl says she still loves Bird, that it means that nothing happened.

Neighbours head fighting, heard he blame Bird, Bird tried to blame a mate and police have charged him and are mounting a case against him but evidently that all counts for naught as long as the victim says she loves the alleged attacker.

Unbelievable.

You need to stop watching Today Tonight!

Noa

First Grade
I'd do what she wanted and respect that.
Being physically abused(allegedly) by someone you love(and she obviously really loves him) is really heavy mentally.
Sometimes it causes them even more stress to go through with charges.
In the end it's her choice,but it doesn't mean it's the right one.

I've had plenty of instances where mates of mine have had similar things happen.

From the ages of 4 -13 I watched my Mum be physically abused until I was big enough to put him through a wall, so I am the last person to stick up for some-one who abuses women.

But something about the whole situation screamed accident to me and Im more then willing to take her and Gregs word for it.

Shorty

Staff member
LOL Says the sharks fans that wait for the smallest bit of doubt in the case and are already talking about Greg being back for the game.
Dear oh dear.

cheese

Bench
*They're

f**ken Sharks fans. So desperate for that elusive premiership they'd let Charles Manson play if they thought it'd help.

Kind of like letting an alleged serial wife beater and adulterer like Watmough line up in your squad each week.

Oh wait that's worse, because the chick has actually STATED that the bloke is a royal merkin

Snoop

Coach
You need to stop watching Today Tonight!

Is that the best you've got? For the record I'm never home in time to catch the 6:30pm comedy slot.

Some of you guys need a reality check. I can understand that disappointment of having allegations of this nature hanging over a star at your club but it has really clouded you judgement. Basing his innocence of her emotions is just ludicrous. It certainly would not hold up in court. If Bird's legal defence is 'Look, Katie still loves me' I doubt he'll get off.

cheese

Bench
LOL Says the sharks fans that wait for the smallest bit of doubt in the case and are already talking about Greg being back for the game.
Dear oh dear.
lol smallest doubt

The three people in the case who would know better than anyone;

1. Bird
2. Ms Milligan
3. Mr Milligan

....all have said accident

Mr Milligan is the key here. The bloke has flown from around the world to find his daughter in hospital with farkin glass in her eye, but even He is happy with the version of events that both greg and katie have told him.

As if he's gonna fob the event off if he had any doubt.

Razor

Coach
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24273155-1242,00.html

what a silly silly girl. So i guess the people that live at the apartment that heard her say "why did u do it" and him trying to blame is mate means it was all a accident.

One person said she heard her say that. But they didn't hear what they were talking about. As I said before Bird could have pissed on the toilet seat, told her mum to f**k off, or anything.

There is no way he should be allowed to play this week? Or does his girlfriend's unwavering love suddenly mean it's OK for Bird to play despite the serious nature of the charges against him?

Why shouldn't he be allowed to play? He hasn't been found guilty of anything. It's much the same as the Nick Darcy scenario - and absolute disgrace that he was kicked off the team for something he had yet to be found guilty of.

If he glass her in the face, I doubt there would be a single sharks fan bothered if he got the punt. But the fact is we don't know what happened, and if Katie herself, her father, the police and the judiciary system see fit not to charge him, that is enough for me.

The non-Sharks fans who want him banned just want one of the games best players out of the way so their own team is more likely to win - incredibly selfish behavior by those fans, rather than wanting to beat the best they just want their opposition teams missing their best players.

Noa

First Grade
Was it the screaming, yelling, lying or the surgery to save the eye?

None of which indicate a deliberate glassing.

Oh my gods, two people in a relationship were sreaming and yelling at each other, I dont believe it.

You must be 14.

Snoop

Coach
One person said she heard her say that. But they didn't hear what they were talking about. As I said before Bird could have pissed on the toilet seat, told her mum to f**k off, or anything.

So when Bird replied 'But it wasn't me' he was blaming his mate for pissing on the toilet seat.

Why shouldn't he be allowed to play? He hasn't been found guilty of anything.

No but these are serious allegations. Just the same way when a teacher is accused of abusing children they are immediately stood down.

The non-Sharks fans who want him banned just want one of the games best players out of the way so their own team is more likely to win - incredibly selfish behavior by those fans, rather than wanting to beat the best they just want their opposition teams missing their best players.

Manly had no trouble beating the Sharks when we last met. That statement would only be true, in my situation, if Bird played for Melbourne since they are the only team better than Manly.

Latest posts