What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Razor

Coach
So when Bird replied 'But it wasn't me' he was blaming his mate for pissing on the toilet seat.

That was a total different conversation. He blamed his mate at a totally different time - his neighbour never heard anything about the mate in that conversation.

No but these are serious allegations. Just the same way when a teacher is accused of abusing children they are immediately stood down.

Stood down with full pay because he might be a danger to the other children if he keeps teaching. Bird is no more danger to anyone if he plays or not. It's not a good example to give.

El Diablo

Post Whore
p.s. when did matai abuse a woman?

who said he did :crazy:

so you think matai should've been stood down and comparing this or watmoughs situation to this?
you think Bird should've been stood down because he was charged. Matai was also charged so should he have been stood down?

Watmough's woman accused him of assault yet because he was never charged you say he shouldn't of been stood down

granting of an avo not a good reason to warrant him being stood down given your stance on this?

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
So far youve the only sense that can be made of your posts are that you have trouble staying on track.

1) Youve challenged brookie by alleging he didnt care in relation to watmough with his previous incident while he advocates a negative position on this Bird incident. Obviously suggesting he is being hypocritical

2) Ive chimed in to question you on that position and asked you to back that up with some facts

3) Youve avoided answering that by posting a thread link (presumably in support of your assertion)

FMD

I've told you TWICE

this bloody thread has the contradictory comments

first time

read a few posts up to where they say he wasn't charged. what do you think that means?

second time

are you thick?

i have made it quite clear the contradictory comments in this thread are enough

why do i need to give you a link to a thread you're already posting in and why am i having to tell you this THREE times:crazy:

Brookie

Juniors
c'mon now el d.

stop it, you're looking silly.

i'm agreeing with the cronulla club for standing him down.
he lied to the club & police, still very very different things to what watmough done & matai.

if it was as severe as birds case then yes, i'd want them totally gone from my club.

watmoughs case was more of his ex fearing she'd lose the footballers wives lifestyle cause he didn't want her anymore

as for matai, if the NRL stood down a player everytime they got charged for something silly on the piss, we'd have a lot of players gone!

El Diablo

Post Whore
watmoughs case was more of his ex fearing she'd lose the footballers wives lifestyle cause he didn't want her anymore

really

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21964035-5001028,00.html

During the hearing, Watmough called three witnesses including Mr Mimis, Mr Byrnes, and friend Jesse Bird, who testified against Rixon's recollection of events.

But Magistrate Culver questioned the reliability of their evidence, also taking into account photographs showing bruises on Ms Rixon's arms.

so the bruising came from....?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
c'mon now el d.

he lied to the club & police, still very very different things to what watmough done & matai.

if it was as severe as birds case then yes, i'd want them totally gone from my club.

as for matai, if the NRL stood down a player everytime they got charged for something silly on the piss, we'd have a lot of players gone!

Yes. Lying to your club is far worse than allegedly beating up on women.

PJ

First Grade
Interesting that she said in todays statement that she was dissapointed with how the Police have handled it. Following on from last weeks statement that there were innaccuracies in the media.

I was all for him being hung out for this but I think a plausible counter story is starting to form. There was an incident, undoubtably, but nowhere near as bad as the media have made out so they went to hospital with no thought that this would become a criminal offence with serious repurcusions. Due to his profile and that they were entering a public space where he would be recognised with an injured woman they came up with a story that there was an accident and that his mate was involved not him, fully expecting that with this the media will move past it, no charges would result and everything moves on.

As I said previously in this thread I don't think she has a fractured eye socket, and have good reason for this I won't go into. Taking that out it isn't hard to think of an accident could cause glass to go into her eye, causing damage. Also why she says why did you do this to me and he says I didn't which is what the neighbours heard. Isn't hard to imagine a guy with his profile panicking about how the reptiles in the press would portray the story, and not thinking that there was much harm done asking a mate to say he was there, believing that this would help calm things down and there would be no repurcussions.

From what has progressed and the inflaming language used in the reporting he would have had good reason to fear the press.

I'm not saying that I believe this is what happened, but it is plausible. I also don't believe the press stories, but they are plausible, and if true I hope he gets whats coming. But until we know for sure what the injuries are, and thus how they could have been caused (because a fractured eye socket could only be the result of a large amount of force and thus a full assault) and what the victims versions of events are and how they contradict what has been in the press as she has asserted they do, as well as what about the police's handling of the events, then it is all speculation and somewhat reminiscent of a lynch mob.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
c'mon now el d.

Matai, Watmong, Bird - powerful trio in the maroon and white. You can just see it.

Shorty

Staff member
Ronny,can you tell me what Manly would have to do in a thread about a Cronulla Sharks player allegedly assaulting his partner?

FMD

I've told you TWICE

this bloody thread has the contradictory comments

first time

second time

why do i need to give you a link to a thread you're already posting in and why am i having to tell you this THREE times:crazy:

Pretty obvious from your frustrated, tantrums that your just not getting it. No problems.

Enjoy the thread and your childish personal attacks on other posters opinions.

Latest posts