What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged and released by Sharks

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well it's neither relevant or tasteful for a start...

Whether or not it's up for deletion is another matter.

Parra

Referee
This is what happens when you don't get the benefit of a Monday morning "truth" meeting.

lolesi

First Grade
Pretty gutted... so many years of work by the Sharks club put in, for him to turn around and do this..

Doesn't look good at all, i cant see any other available option then to tear up his contract.

scuzzi

Juniors
IF he is guilty there is no excuse. Should be sacked and deregistered.
Plus, it would be pretty hard for him to play anyway if he's in Jail.

johns_reds

First Grade
Greg Bird's WAG Katie Milligan may lose eye after assault

POLICE last night were seeking to interview NRL star Greg Bird concerning an assault that left his young American girlfriend in hospital with severe lacerations to her left eye.
Katie Milligan, 24, underwent surgery in Sutherland Hospital late yesterday after she was attacked with a sharp object, possibly a glass, inside Bird's Cronulla apartment.
Bird has not been formally interviewed by police but it is believed he is protesting his innocence.
The alleged assault occurred some time about 7am (AEST) yesterday and Bird, also 24, drove Ms Milligan to Sutherland Hospital about 8.30am.
A bloody trail stretched from the front door of Bird's apartment, across a hallway, into an elevator, across the building's foyer and into the car park.
Doctors feared the lacerations to Ms Milligan's eye were so bad that she may lose the eye.
A Sutherland Hospital spokeswoman said last night that a 24-year-old woman was in a stable condition.
Due to her injuries police have yet to get a statement from Ms Milligan.
She had only been in Australia for two months and had been dating Bird for about that time, sources said.
The Cronulla Sharks hope to interview Bird this morning.
He was drinking in Surry Hills the night before, then met up with Ms Milligan and some of her visiting American female friends at the Golden Sheaf hotel at Double Bay.
Early the next morning, the group headed back to Bird's apartment, which he bought six months ago.
Officially, police would not confirm involvement by the Cronulla Sharks star and Australian Test and State of Origin player.
"Police are investigating an alleged altercation at a premises in Cronulla this morning which resulted in a woman sustaining an eye injury," a police statement said.
"Inquiries are continuing."
The Cronulla player had gone to ground yesterday. Neighbours at the beachfront Trade Winds apartments said they had not seen him, but it is understood police are keen to interview Bird as soon as possible.
Bird's white Bentley remained parked in the street outside.
A NSW Ambulance Service spokeswoman said the service had not been called out to the assault.
The Sharks claimed Bird had said he was not responsible.
"I understand he wasn't involved," Cronulla Sharks CEO Tony Zappia said.

http://www.news.com.au/

How much cash is this guy? a bentley? wow! i'm assuming he'll be making repayments on that, if he loses his job which i hope he does then that will be the first thing to go, perhaps it was fitting he got into a fight with that cage boxer last week, give him a taste of what is coming...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love Bird but how can I defend this?

are you mentally ill?

Certainly not - but your carry on a couple of days ago was borderline if I call correctly... :lol:

macavity said:
can we have a word filter to change "jail" to the proper spelling please? its annoying.

Amen brother. Feel like I'm the only one who has spelt it properly :fist:

sharko

Juniors
The lady in question is in the hands of some fine surgeons so hopefully they can repair any damage done and prevent any long term or permanent damage..and this out of character for Bird..he is aggressive and competitive on the field but has no criminal record..he will retain the finest criminal lawyer and be free to play in the semis..these cases, if they actually proceed will take some months to be heard!

It is wise not to convict a chap before he has had a chance to plea!

The lady in question is in the hands of some fine surgeons so hopefully they can repair any damage done and prevent any long term or permanent damage..and this out of character for Bird..he is aggressive and competitive on the field but has no criminal record..he will retain the finest criminal lawyer and be free to play in the semis..these cases, if they actually proceed will take some months to be heard!

It is wise not to convict a chap before he has had a chance to plea!

Hope your prepared for some massive over reactions to your post.

I especially enjoyed the last sentence.