What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
I meant to post this here but posted in the main forum by mistake... Anyway here'tis.

Story time.

Coolum Pub has a smoking section at the front of the public bar, which means that it's adjacent to the main road off the car park, to which has now become the scene of the occasional outburst of SPS (Small Penis Syndrome) a.k.a Wankers leaving in there hotted up ve-hickles and smoking it up a.k.a burning rubber a.k.a wasting money.

While having a few drinks at the Cooly pub with the afternoon crowd last Friday, this one tosser tries to do a burn out right in front of us, then gets out of the carpark onto the main road and has another go, the crowd responds with comments of disgust, disbelief, laughter and the "wanker" calls that go with this ridiculous act of masturbation.

Now a bloke who was there to witness this in the crowd, who I know as a fairly decent hard working lad, nice bloke to talk to yadda yadda, made a comment to his mates along the lines of "what a dickhead" etc then proceeds to get in his car not 5 minutes later and repeats the act on the main drag.

30k hotted up late model Ford ( I dunno the make, not a car enthusiast) loses it infront of everyone, and ends up stacking it into the nearby palm trees across a pathway that people and kids use to walk, ride thier pushies along on their way home etc. Total right off, embarrassing act of stupidity.. cops on the scene in less than 3 minutes, blows .055, no insurance. f**ked up royal.

Now I hear that this tool has just gained his license back from 3 prior infringements in a motor ve-hickle, and basically has ruined his chance at obtaining another one for many years to come.

The point being, He could have killed someone, he was witness to the jeers of the crowd from the previous dickhead, and he's financially f**ked for a good while to come. I don't get it, I'm definitely no saint and have done some pretty stupiud things that I have regretted in my time but what is this madness in society today?

I went to the Hoodo Gurus concert last night and every person needs I.D to get into a place to go see a band, you can't enjoy yourself without some monkey, that has the social skills of a kindergarten bully, frowning down upon you from some sort of collective genius authority, that is now ingrained at nearly all social outlets that serve a cold beer.

I dunno, this Bird thing reflects a society of youth that has no respect and is way out of control, and trying to be controlled by useless bureaucratic political correctness funded by insurance companies and big company policy that couldn't give a flying f**k about the regular joe.

I might be getting on in years but where is the respect for your elders and the boot up the arse that I used to cop to keep me in line, the very thing that landed me on my feet from my youthfull foolishness?

KY generation (or in other words, their parents should have gorne the back door the night they were conceived.....ferals breed ferals.
Love ya work Coolum

Quigs

Immortal
It's all gone Cools.

Society has opted for the politically correct way to bring up our children and we now are reaping what we sow.

We have too long put peacocks on pedestals and made out that theyare gods gift to us mere mortals.

When I was a pup a long long time ago, you had to beat back people that wanted to be involved in junior sport of all kinds.

Now you can't find em' because they are too frightened, too poor to afford to be involved, or are not credentialled up enough to coach an under 7 mini league side.

The whole system is farked.

Signing kids at 13, farkin telling them that they are on their way to being Lockyers and Co.

Great recent example the sh!t fight about our Olympic swimmers appearing on one station and not the other........ f**k it they are representing you and me. Not channel niene and seven.

But hey, I am a long way from being a saint.

I look back and think what I would of been like put in the same position at 24. Sh!t loads of cash, girlies at my beckon, plenty of free time, my own pad that I owned.

Wackeydoo.

Me, broke, uglies, working two jobs to pay my drinking bill..... arrhhh such is life.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

sladden road

Juniors
here here coolum...
im 36 years old at i marvel at the arrogance of the y genration..in the 80s early 90s when i grew up you had total respect for your elders and paid your dues etc..
most though not all of these merkins have no real talent ...an over inflated opinion of that perceived talent...a desire to be famous by being famous...celebrity..
ALL SHOW NO SUBSTANCE..

Quigs

Immortal
Wasn't there meant to be a press conference at 2.30pm

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's all gone Cools.

Society has opted for the politically correct way to bring up our children and we now are reaping what we sow.

We have too long put peacocks on pedestals and made out that theyare gods gift to us mere mortals.

When I was a pup a long long time ago, you had to beat back people that wanted to be involved in junior sport of all kinds.

Now you can't find em' because they are too frightened, too poor to afford to be involved, or are not credentialled up enough to coach an under 7 mini league side.

The whole system is farked.

Signing kids at 13, farkin telling them that they are on their way to being Lockyers and Co.

Great recent example the sh!t fight about our Olympic swimmers appearing on one station and not the other........ f**k it they are representing you and me. Not channel niene and seven.

But hey, I am a long way from being a saint.

I look back and think what I would of been like put in the same position at 24. Sh!t loads of cash, girlies at my beckon, plenty of free time, my own pad that I owned.

Wackeydoo.

Me, broke, uglies, working two jobs to pay my drinking bill..... arrhhh such is life.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

:lol:

At least you can say your not in birdy's shoes.

DJDL

Bench
still reckons it wasn't him.

According to one report (Telegraph, I think) he was heard leading her to the car and her saying "look what you've done to me" and him replying "I didn't do it" and her saying "yes you did".

To me that sounds very much like someone under the effects of something far worse than alcohol.

Please god I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.