What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis avoids conviction over assault

El Diablo

Post Whore
today. that was 10 years ago....was hardly the coverage that's available today. get over it.

people wont remember the Inglis incident in 10 years time. people have already forgotten that Andrew Johns was on drugs for his whole career. hasnt hurt his legacy at all. and give it a few months, his brother will be back on radio/in the media like Wayne Carey was when he retired from football and before he continued to f**k himself up.

Fevola and Gary Ablett Snr are a couple of other players who have indiscretions that have been reported freely in the Sydney press. Once again, if you've got some football cred, then the media will run with it.

but keep up the thinking that everyones out to get rugby league. once again, if players, coaches, administrators didnt have the IQ of a peanut and make the right choice, then media outlets wont have anything to begin with.

and Johns was 7 years ago you dunce and O'Loughlin was not 10 years ago

Last edited:

melbourne_belle

Juniors
Apparently it can.

I'm fascinated by the idea that a woman in her early 20's feels the need to use botox. Wrinkles already?
Shes not in her early 20's try almost 30. In saying that though late 20's early 30's is still far too early to be having botox IMO

His case has been adjourned and is to be back in court 26 August.

Last edited:

ManlyMania

Juniors
Unfortunately what Inglis did is a result of the enviroment he was brought up in. The abuse of women is something he would have seen on a daily basis whilst growing up in Bowraville. I have been there a few times, and the mission looks like it has had a bomb dropped on it. Drugs and Alcohol are huge problems.

This cannot be held as an excuse for his actions. He has been given an oppurtunity in life that not many get. Unfortunately like a lot of people, the bottle can bring out their demons and they often resort back to their bad ways when they start drinking in excess.

This is a society problem and not a league problem.

Well this is the pearler thats rolled out after every incident...im over it. 5 incidents in the past year means its infiltrated enough in rugby league to be considered a league problem now. You sound like John Gibbs.

Well this is the pearler thats rolled out after every incident...im over it. 5 incidents in the past year means its infiltrated enough in rugby league to be considered a league problem now. You sound like John Gibbs.

for the life of me I dont see how this is a rugby league problem( domestic violence in particular) By suggesting it is a rugby league problem means there must be a rugby league soloution.

Since when then did it become the role of an employer to deal with a domestic violence issue? In my opinion this is nothing more than buck passing. Domestic violence is a hideous crime that is spread throughout the community, it is the role of the community , police & governments to deal with it.

which it looks like what has taken place in regards to this alleged incident. By his neighbours reporting something they have done exactly the right thing.

Offcourse rugby league needs to make it clear violence of any kind off the field in unacceptable. But I fail to see how the NRL or melbourne storm could have stopped this from happening.

Greg Inglis faces up to 5 years in jail for each of his charges. If this isnt a detterent for domestic violence how will anything rugby league can dish out be?!

ManlyMania

Juniors
for the life of me I dont see how this is a rugby league problem( domestic violence in particular) By suggesting it is a rugby league problem means there must be a rugby league soloution.

Since when then did it become the role of an employer to deal with a domestic violence issue? In my opinion this is nothing more than buck passing. Domestic violence is a hideous crime that is spread throughout the community, it is the role of the community , police & governments to deal with it.

which it looks like what has taken place in regards to this alleged incident. By his neighbours reporting something they have done exactly the right thing.

Offcourse rugby league needs to make it clear violence of any kind off the field in unacceptable. But I fail to see how the NRL or melbourne storm could have stopped this from happening.

Greg Inglis faces up to 5 years in jail for each of his charges. If this isnt a detterent for domestic violence how will anything rugby league can dish out be?!

Mate its obviously a society problem (arnt all problems?) but to say that league should wipe its hands clean and cast that line out time and time again well its getting 1. boring and 2. not helping anyone or anything.

Take racism for example. to say its a problem in league would be wrong. An isolated incident every 2-3 years i think is an individual issue and its been obvious the improvement in everyone in society and on the rugby league field that its not tolerated. Treatment of women in society has improved as well but league players still punch, glass, assault women way to frequenetly considering they get education on THAT VERY THING YEARLY.

By the way i dont know anyone who knows anyone who goes out on a weekend and punches or glasses or assaults women. So for me i read about an incident or see it on tv thats taken from a population of over 22 million people. 5 incidents in 12 months not to mention the long list of others previously from a pool of about 500 players then i think there is a problem in rugby league.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

Since when then did it become the role of an employer to deal with a domestic violence issue?

The difference is that these players sign very specific contracts with regard to behaviour on and off the field. You can't lump the NRL or Clubs in the same basket as every other employer, because not every other employer has behaviour-specific clauses written into employment contracts.

This is the price they pay for their six figure salaries.

And lol at anyone taking gregstar's posts with any hint of seriousness.

The difference is that these players sign very specific contracts with regard to behaviour on and off the field. You can't lump the NRL or Clubs in the same basket as every other employer, because not every other employer has behaviour-specific clauses written into employment contracts.

This is the price they pay for their six figure salaries.

Offcourse.

However clearly going to jail is going to hurt someone much more significantly than any rugby league clause. Especially in the case of someone that is high profile.

At the moment I would say the least of greg inglis's problems is how rugby league will respond.

I just dont see how rugby league could possibly reduce incidents of domestic violence in particular.

Mate its obviously a society problem (arnt all problems?) but to say that league should wipe its hands clean and cast that line out time and time again well its getting 1. boring and 2. not helping anyone or anything.

Its also not helping by looking for answers in all the wrong places.

People keep asking why do these things keep happening. The answer is simple but people keep avoiding it for some reason. People seem to think because there have been other scandals that players will learn from that , and IMO that is nonsense.

These type of issues are going to take a lot longer to tackle than that.

Take racism for example. to say its a problem in league would be wrong. An isolated incident every 2-3 years i think is an individual issue and its been obvious the improvement in everyone in society and on the rugby league field that its not tolerated. Treatment of women in society has improved as well but league players still punch, glass, assault women way to frequenetly considering they get education on THAT VERY THING YEARLY.

sorry but you have no way of knowing that rugby league players assualt women more frequently than the general public do. Or for that matter men of a similar age to rugby league players.

The education of treatment towards women is best learnt from parents not from the NRL. By the time these players get to the NRL most of their attitudes would have already been formed.

By the way i dont know anyone who knows anyone who goes out on a weekend and punches or glasses or assaults women. So for me i read about an incident or see it on tv thats taken from a population of over 22 million people. 5 incidents in 12 months not to mention the long list of others previously from a pool of about 500 players then i think there is a problem in rugby league.

I dont know anyone that does it either. But I know it happens.

Rugby league players are highly visible , offcourse your going to hear about their incidents more than others. Last I checked the media rarely report on incidents if domestic violence unless its gets very serious.

when was the last time you saw a woman getting a black eye from her husband reported? it just doesnt happen.( and im not suggesting that it means its wrong that the media report it if its a rugby league player)

ManlyMania

Juniors
Its also not helping by looking for answers in all the wrong places.

People keep asking why do these things keep happening. The answer is simple but people keep avoiding it for some reason. People seem to think because there have been other scandals that players will learn from that , and IMO that is nonsense.

These type of issues are going to take a lot longer to tackle than that.

sorry but you have no way of knowing that rugby league players assualt women more frequently than the general public do. Or for that matter men of a similar age to rugby league players.

The education of treatment towards women is best learnt from parents not from the NRL. By the time these players get to the NRL most of their attitudes would have already been formed.

I dont know anyone that does it either. But I know it happens.

Rugby league players are highly visible , offcourse your going to hear about their incidents more than others. Last I checked the media rarely report on incidents if domestic violence unless its gets very serious.

when was the last time you saw a woman getting a black eye from her husband reported? it just doesnt happen.( and im not suggesting that it means its wrong that the media report it if its a rugby league player)

so is that an excuse? really you would think because of those reasons in addition to being a human being (which some players are obviously incapable of) that rugby league players wouldnt hit, punch, glasss, or assault women. Happens way to frequently for a sport to say its not a problem for them.

Petero came out last time and said he was embarrased to be rugby league player sometimes because of these incidents. This was before Gregs matter. Im sure hes not feeling any more proud today.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is great news. Finally I get to hear the terms "NRL" and "Rugby League" sometime between 6am and 8pm.

I thought the season was over.

f**king Melbourne media, they're a bunch of f**king merkins.

so is that an excuse? really you would think because of those reasons in addition to being a human being (which some players are obviously incapable of) that rugby league players wouldnt hit, punch, glasss, or assault women. Happens way to frequently for a sport to say its not a problem for them.

Petero came out last time and said he was embarrased to be rugby league player sometimes because of these incidents. This was before Gregs matter. Im sure hes not feeling any more proud today.

Offcourse its not an excuse.

There is no excuse for any violence unless you are defending yourself.

Im simply pointing out that when a rugby league player is charged with assault its going to be bigger news than if a no name husband is charged with assaulting his wife. Your contention was that violence towards women happens more in rugby league than the general public. Something which you have no way of knowing.

You said yourself in a previous post that rugby league has programs to educate players on attitudes towards women, yet these things keep happening. Why? becuase these players have already learnt their behaviour as children! who is responsible for this learnt behaviour? Parents!

rugby league offcourse has an important role to play in showing children that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated. beyond banning players I dont see what more they can do.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Inglis in limbo, case adjourned

By Andrew Webster in Melbourne | August 12, 2009 11:07am
Have your say!Add your comments or read what others are saying
Email article
ShareAdd to DiggAdd to del.icio.usPost to NewsVinePost to FacebookWhat are these?
Printer friendly
Text size+-

STORM player Greg Inglis' playing future remains in doubt after his court case relating to an assault charge was adjourned until August 26.
Appearing Sunshine Magistrates Court in Melbourne, Inglis was only required to utter a few words to confirm that he understood his bail conditions.

Inglis' girlfriend, Sally Robinson, who Inglis is alleged to have assaulted did not appear in court today but it was reveal she is currently interstate. A large media contingent was on hand in courtroom No.3.

An ashen-faced Inglis sat in the corner with his head bowed alongside Storm chief executive Brian Waldron, who is expected to address the media shortly.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25918635-5016545,00.html

Kiki

First Grade
Jeez Kiki we are not all a bunch mexican nuffies sh*t :lol:

If he did beat her up, I would support giving him the chop, but the reports going around are saying that he didn't punch her. She said a lot of the bruising was from botox ( does botox actually give you bruising? ) and she was getting all up in his face and he palmed her out of the way.
She could be talking sh*t to try and save her man or she could be telling the truth who knows, either way they both need therapy.

hahah no i know you're not all nuffies! but i was just expecting storm fans to be really defending him u know??

the botox thing is absolute bullsh*t. i worked in a cosmetic surgeons office and i've never seen bad bruising. injectable fillers like collagen and Restalyne cause bruising, botox usually doesnt.

and doesnt she have a black eye?? just one??

first of all

a) u dont get botox under or around your eye. maybe just on the crows feet but the needle is teeny tiny and doesn't cause more than maybe a tiny tiny bruise

b) you dont get botox on ONE side of your face. so the bruising would be even not concentrated to one side

that is seriously the worst excuse i've ever heard.

maybe her and Inglis can go and live in a big house of dysfunctional relationships with Milligan and Bird in France together or something.

Kiki

First Grade
i just heard black eye in the singular.

even if she has two i still call bullsh*t coz as i said u dont get botox around your eye. it relaxes the muscle so they literally cant put it too close otherwise your eyes go droopy and closed.

they only ever do it out to the side to stop crows feet and that wouldnt cause a black eye.

Apey

Staff member
I think she has one..

Until she f**ks up again.

btw what's happening with the Stewart case nowadays? Haven't heard anything for a while :?

ManlyMania

Juniors
Offcourse its not an excuse.

There is no excuse for any violence unless you are defending yourself.

Im simply pointing out that when a rugby league player is charged with assault its going to be bigger news than if a no name husband is charged with assaulting his wife. Your contention was that violence towards women happens more in rugby league than the general public. Something which you have no way of knowing.

You said yourself in a previous post that rugby league has programs to educate players on attitudes towards women, yet these things keep happening. Why? becuase these players have already learnt their behaviour as children! who is responsible for this learnt behaviour? Parents!

rugby league offcourse has an important role to play in showing children that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated. beyond banning players I dont see what more they can do.

well agree to disagree then - however i dont have the answer just an opinion.