What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Matthew Johns been treated unfairly?

Has Matthew Johns been treated unfairly?

• Yes. It has gone way too far.

Votes: 172 74.1%
  • No. He deserves everything he gets.

Votes: 60 25.9%

• Total voters

Dave Q

Coach
The fast-car lifestyle has been killing this game for years.

The game appears full of gangsters, thugs, bludgers, sex fiends, perverts and liars.

Ive met people who wont let their kids play the game because of all of this rubbish.

Its getting to be an embarrasment even associating oneself with it.

Mattys fall from grace is bitterly dissapointing.

He was a remarkable entertainer who had a very broadminded view of the game. He was way ahead of the curve. He was looked up to by heaps of fans and kids. I enjoyed his work immensely.

Now it turns out he's one of the bad guys...

This game is so heartbreaking.

We are all totally crazy for having feelings for it.

Cloud9

The fast-car lifestyle has been killing this game for years.

The game appears full of gangsters, thugs, bludgers, sex fiends, perverts and liars.

Ive met people who wont let their kids play the game because of all of this rubbish.

Its getting to be an embarrasment even associating oneself with it.

Mattys fall from grace is bitterly dissapointing.

He was a remarkable entertainer who had a very broadminded view of the game. He was way ahead of the curve. He was looked up to by heaps of fans and kids. I enjoyed his work immensely.

Now it turns out he's one of the bad guys...

This game is so heartbreaking.

We are all totally crazy for having feelings for it.

Dave mate,

What happened to the hate?
You're too easily fooled by the biased smear campaign from round corners program.
The game gets kicked in the guts, but it will pick itself up. The same cannot be said of AFL who have gotten off scott free this time.

Lets hate the double standards and shoddy journalism.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore

but they then say they'll let their kids play AFL

that is what the ABC and tabloid trash at the DT want and they will keep pushing it

if an NRL player looks at somene the wrong way it will now become a front page story

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Maybe Clare was sent by the descendants of the Vichy Govt in France to discredit Rugby League? That sounds plausible, dont you think!

Shorty

Staff member
Oh f**k give it a rest with the f**king AFL!
This is about RL and the players that have tarnished it's image.

Maybe Clare was sent by the descendants of the Vichy Govt in France to discredit Rugby League? That sounds plausible, dont you think!

Its all a conspiracy by a consortium of:

• AFL
  • NZ Rugby Union
  • News Limited
  • ABC
  • man hating feminists. :roll::crazy:
Clare was their undercover agent at the Racecourse Hotel, and has waited till now to undermine the NRL.

Knightmare

Coach
Well well well, it turns out there ARE two sides to the story. At work I heard on the radio an excerpt from Matty's interview with Tracey Grimshaw.

He said that it was consensual and after Matty had done it with her she said she wanted one of the other guys in the room to f**k her. A player went forward and she said 'Anyone but you.'

Does this sound like a "victim" to you? Barely approaches another Anita Cobby or Janine Balding. Plain and simple this chick knew what she was doing, and her best defence is that she felt they were "mentally overpowering her" :lol: What sort of a defense is that? I guess if she felt that, then she probably expected them to instinctively know (with their mental powers) that she didn't really want it to happen, that even thought she was playing the part of the away-trip bicycle she would become suicidal over it and one day run crying to the media.

This 'Clare' is a coward plain and simple, who wants to hide in a darkened studio, name and shame Matthew Johns (who DID do a stupid thing considering his marital status and his family to think of) and has done a good job of covering his name in horse manure then proceeding to say she wants to kill those responsible. But all along she wants to hide her identity. Well her little "Oh aren't I such a victim" story is falling to pieces. This s**t deserves to be named and shamed. I hope Matty sues her for the damage she has done to his career.

Loudstrat

Coach
Clare was a trollop to begin with. She went to the room with TWO guys, there's your incident for starters. What's that tell you about her.

As for the rest - she reckons there was no consent. MJ gives a pretty credible account that she wanted more. His word against hers.

Result? Why is her credibility not being questioned? Grimshaw hung Johns out to dry tonight - on the very night he was punted by Grimshaw's employers. I reckon that is disgusting by 9 - and admirable by Johns.

There will, and has to be a backlash. The media have gone apesh*t over this - ABC radio have been conducting talkback for 2 days on this. The theme - "Rugby League's culture of denigrating women". There has to be a backlash.

Where is the players association?

Ray Mosters

Juniors
The constant portrayal of women as victims and men as predators does nothing for equality of respect of women.
Mate, i would agree with you in general, but in this instance if you cant see the victimization in a drunk teenager consenting to sex with 2 people and ending up getting gang f**ked by alot more then you are being willfully obtuse.

She consented and allowed it to happen, but the fact is those guys took advantage of her and put her in the most denigrating position imaginable.

No charges were laid and rightly so, no laws were broken. That doesent mean what they did wasnt f**king deplorable, that doesent mean she should have keep her mouth shut about it.

hellteam

First Grade
So if two of my mates and one girl are having group sex in a room, is it cool if me and five of my friends go in and watch and masturbate without asking the girl if we can do it?

I didn't think so.

Ray Mosters

Juniors
Clare was a trollop to begin with. She went to the room with TWO guys, there's your incident for starters. What's that tell you about her.

As for the rest - she reckons there was no consent. MJ gives a pretty credible account that she wanted more. His word against hers.
Your missing the point, only in a culture that denigrates women can a drunk teenage girl (as s**tty as she may be) end up being taken advantage of and gang-f**ked.

The fact she was traumatized by a consensual act is kind of academic. The problem is she was traumatized from being gang f**ked by rugby league players

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
So if two of my mates and one girl are having group sex in a room, is it cool if me and five of my friends go in and watch and masturbate without asking the girl if we can do it?

I didn't think so.
There's that inconvenient truth that people ignore again... :sarcasm:

bartman

Immortal
It's only relevant if you only believe the girl's story.

There are two sides to every story.
So you're saying that everyone that piled in there for a naked wank while watching their mates go for it asked her if it was ok to do so first? Ok then...

Noa

First Grade
Well well well, it turns out there ARE two sides to the story. At work I heard on the radio an excerpt from Matty's interview with Tracey Grimshaw.

He said that it was consensual and after Matty had done it with her she said she wanted one of the other guys in the room to f**k her. A player went forward and she said 'Anyone but you.'

Does this sound like a "victim" to you? Barely approaches another Anita Cobby or Janine Balding. Plain and simple this chick knew what she was doing, and her best defence is that she felt they were "mentally overpowering her" :lol: What sort of a defense is that? I guess if she felt that, then she probably expected them to instinctively know (with their mental powers) that she didn't really want it to happen, that even thought she was playing the part of the away-trip bicycle she would become suicidal over it and one day run crying to the media.

This 'Clare' is a coward plain and simple, who wants to hide in a darkened studio, name and shame Matthew Johns (who DID do a stupid thing considering his marital status and his family to think of) and has done a good job of covering his name in horse manure then proceeding to say she wants to kill those responsible. But all along she wants to hide her identity. Well her little "Oh aren't I such a victim" story is falling to pieces. This s**t deserves to be named and shamed. I hope Matty sues her for the damage she has done to his career.

note the usual suspects overlooked your post. That sounds like someone in full control of there sences and surroundings if you ask me.

Latest posts