What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have Wests Tigers won 16 Premierships?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Whichever way St George Illa fans spin it you've only won 1 premiership, fact. You've got a long long way to catch up to the Roosters who have won 13 premierships.

No, No, No, No, No.

The Sydney City Chooks can't claim the titles won by the Eastern Suburbs Roosters.

Amadaca

Juniors
This is still Rugby Leagues dumbest debate --- little wonder it exists solely due to the collective delusion of Dragons supporters.

Dragons - 1
Tigers - 1

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
I understand that the Dragons have won 1 premiership as "St George Illawarra".
What I'm saying is that I support a club that has grown in size (geographically) .
Nothing wrong with that is there ?

Valheru

Coach
It's funny how the dragons are referred to as having a history of choking, but their own supporters are pulled up for bringing up our premierships !
Don't forget, the roosters have won 2 out of their last 7 grand finals !

What has this go to do with choking? The club you support has won one premiership, it's a fact.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
I agree the term "choking" is harsh !
It's usually used by supporters who support teams that are not competitive, or from supporters of clubs who are expected to win !

God-King Dean

Immortal
3064c_color-blindness-16.jpg

RockWheel

Bench
Umm .... As far as being favourites are concerned

Melb 2008 (minor premiers and favourites, and lose 40 nil in a grand final ? With an illegal team ?)
The biggest choke of all !

Melbourne were never in that game; Manly played excellently and nobody would've beat them that day. Plus it's not like Melbourne were definitively the best team of '08; three teams finished on top, only separated by points difference.

In '99 the Dragons were up 14 points against a team they'd beaten by 20+ earlier that finals series. I'm not sure, but that might be the biggest lead given up in a grand final.

Latest posts