What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne fires a shot at Gallop

Gaba

First Grade
Boyd is very average IMO. He doesn't break the line and has no support play.
He is underrated , he played his first year in a new team at fullback, his defense and hands are alot better then hayne. Boyd was the one of the best fullback carrying the ball back he was hard to tackle.Made more line breaks then hayne when carrying the ball back

Boyd tried to get involve with teams plays, yes they may not have gelled the best , expecting it to be better this year

Hayne is not that good defense and under the high ball hayne is very suspect , and hayne will put himself before the team

thats the reason why hayne stands out more then boyd, the eels didnt and still dont have many attacking players in thier team and hayne is the main attacking player what eels really got

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
He is underrated , he played his first year in a new team at fullback, his defense and hands are alot better then hayne. Boyd was the one of the best fullback carrying the ball back he was hard to tackle.Made more line breaks then hayne when carrying the ball back

Boyd tried to get involve with teams plays, yes they may not have gelled the best , expecting it to be better this year

Hayne is not that good defense and under the high ball hayne is very suspect , and hayne will put himself before the team

thats the reason why hayne stands out more then boyd, the eels didnt and still dont have many attacking players in thier team and hayne is the main attacking player what eels really got

Eels made the grand final though, so hayne must be pretty damn good if he's the main attacking player for them.

Gaba

First Grade
Eels made the grand final though, so hayne must be pretty damn good if he's the main attacking player for them.
No it shown how poor the opposition was.

If the opposition turned up and play , like in round 26 and in the grand final hayne was no where to be seen

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
the eels didnt and still dont have many attacking players in thier team and hayne is the main attacking player what eels really got

You dont rate Burt, Tahu, Inu, Grothe, Mateo, Mortimer, Fui at all as attacking players? But I suppose you think Creagh, Scott, Boyd, Wendell, Weyman and Soward as better attacking players?

See, this is why people think your an idiot, because you constantly confirm it.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
You dont rate Burt, Tahu, Inu, Grothe, Mateo, Mortimer, Fui at all as attacking players? But I suppose you think Creagh, Scott, Boyd, Wendell, Weyman and Soward as better attacking players?

See, this is why people think your an idiot, because you constantly confirm it.
out of those you mention ok mateo & fui would be better then wendell as attacking player, the other dragons players you mention outplayed the eels players you named

but the others i dont rate , where were Burt ,Inu ,Grothe for most of the year even hayne was the leading try scorer and he didnt do much for the first 14 rounds, shows my point about hayne being the main attacker for the eels

the eels were amongst the worst attacking and defensive teams upto round 18 before they played sharks,warriors,knights,tigers,panthers
where the majority of points for the eels came from

so it looks like you are the one who made the silly statement here,

and for next year i cant see it being much different , if anything mortimer will find it harder

Last edited:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
out of those you mention ok mateo & fui would be better then wendell as attacking player

but the others i dont rate , where were Burt ,Inu ,Grothe for most of the year

the eels were amongst the worst attacking and defensive teams upto round 18 before they played sharks,warriors,knights,tigers,panthers

so it looks like you are the one who made the silly statement here

:lol: Lets for the sake of it say that you are right, that makes 1 silly statement to me and your on about 4 figures worth. Tool!

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Thats only in your opinion , imo i havent made any silly statements yet :)

LMAO!! But this is a democracy, the majority has the say, and the majority think you have made a many silly statements.

This has been good, strange to say I have developed a respect for you now Gaba. Good stuff

Last edited:

Fui!!!

Juniors

You forgot the Storm and Bulldogs... Who were in fact the first 2 teams we beat on our run.

Thats only in your opinion , imo i havent made any silly statements yet :)

I'm pretty sure it's everyones opinion ;-)

Apey

Staff member
I think Gaba is still a little butthurt from the finals campaign.

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I think the NRL should relax 3rd party payments. Club sponsors/owners should be alowed to pay players through endorements, BUT - here's the rub:

Teams can only pay players through club sponsor endorsements that are already on their books. In other words, a team in a one-team town like the Broncos who has loads of sponsors cannot use this advantage to buy players from, say, Wests Tigers. It must be used only for players already on their own books - as this would make it harder for them to leave to Rugby Union.

Now there is danger that the Broncos could temp a player to sign a one-year deal with the promise of getting sponsorship money top-up for his 2nd year. So in order to close this loophole, it must only apply to players that have played at the club for 6 years or more (for e.g. a Darren Lockyer, Justin Hodges, Sam Thaiday, or in the instance of the Cowboys - Jonathan Thurston) and it must be limited to 3 players per club only. Also, having sponsors market players that have been with the club for 6 years or longer means the most well-known and marketable players for each club will be generally eligible.

Non-club sponsors still applies to all players as it is currently.

Loudstrat

Coach
Do you think Luke Walsh or Jarrod Sammut or Wade Grahame are better then Craig Gower?
I think Penrith got better money from their salary cap when Gower left, and improved their player stock in general. And I thing Peter Wallace is better than Gower.

I think the point is that the world didn't collapse when those players left, and clubs improved within 1-2 years from the point at which those players departed. Yes, Gower won a comp (as did King), but Gower didn't arrest the decline from those heady days to the cellar. When Gower left it was like a clearing of the dead wood. Argument suggests that Gower leaving allowed Civo to sign - IMHO one of the best signings in the last 20 years by any club.

Gasnier left a hole in the NSW backline, but St George had a better year without him then any they had with him.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
I think Penrith got better money from their salary cap when Gower left, and improved their player stock in general. And I thing Peter Wallace is better than Gower.

I think the point is that the world didn't collapse when those players left, and clubs improved within 1-2 years from the point at which those players departed. Yes, Gower won a comp (as did King), but Gower didn't arrest the decline from those heady days to the cellar. When Gower left it was like a clearing of the dead wood. Argument suggests that Gower leaving allowed Civo to sign - IMHO one of the best signings in the last 20 years by any club.

Gasnier left a hole in the NSW backline, but St George had a better year without him then any they had with him.

The NRL would be a stronger competition with Gower, Gasnier, and King still playing in it. There is no spin that can suggest otherwise. Civo would still be playing in the NRL regardless of Gower, maybe not at Penrith, but that's irrelevant.

adamkungl

Immortal
You forgot the Storm and Bulldogs... Who were in fact the first 2 teams we beat on our run.

Don't forget the Dragons....actually, are they even worth remembering? It was a forgone conclusion that they would choke when it counted anyway.

Loudstrat

Coach
The NRL would be a stronger competition with Gower, Gasnier, and King still playing in it. There is no spin that can suggest otherwise. Civo would still be playing in the NRL regardless of Gower, maybe not at Penrith, but that's irrelevant.

Understand your point, but how can you be certain they wouldn't have gone to ESL? Or that Civo wouldn't have gone?

Another point - would they have stopped the progress of a junior into FG - arguably King leaving allowed Folau to arrive. Def the case with Gower and Wallace.

And Trent Barrett returning - how much did it strengthen the NRL?

simostorm

Bench
But Hayne said fellow elite players

Talk about overrating yourself

Hayne you are overrated you only played 6-9 games and only excel against weak defensive teams and teams didnt play thier best, Hayne you failed for the first 14 rounds , you failed at 5/8 you failed at centre
hayne you arent a play maker, you were the worst eels player at the beginning of the year

Until you can perform against the better teams then you may talk

i agree with this dude.. Well said.

taste2taste

Juniors
In the next 5-10 years NRL players will be the highest paid in any rugby comp in the world.
I agree with Gallops idea of not expanding and therefore increasing the cap and player payments.
We've lost too many players who had plenty left to offer.

These players could still be in the NRL today.
Brett Hodgson
Brad Thorn
Clinton Schofoski
Ryan Cross
Barrick Barnes
Lote Taquiri
Sonny Bill Williams
Craig Gower
Luke Rooney
Mark Gaisner
Amos Roberts
Dallas Johnson
Craig Wing
Matt Gidley
Jake Webster
Brent Webb
Ali Lautiti
Michael Monaghan
Lesley Vainakolo
Matt Orford
Matt King
Danny Buderus
Shane Tronc
Dean Widders
Shaun Berrigan
Pat Richards
Tony Polatua
Iafecta Palasena
Steve Menzies
David Fa'logo
Rangi Chase
Clint Greensheilds
Setamata Sa
Iosia Soliola
Francis Meli
Vinnie Anderson
Greg Eastwood

btw, Hayne is an elite player, he brings fans through the gates and draws huge media attention to our game, we cant afford to loose players like Hayne and Thurston.

Loudstrat

Coach
Players fading in the twilight of their career

Players who are twats that we don't want anyway.

Players who are nuffies that would never be missed.

Players who would enrich our comp.

Brett Hodgson
Brad Thorn
Clinton Schofoski
Ryan Cross

Barrick Barnes
Lote Taquiri
Sonny Bill Williams
Craig Gower
Luke Rooney

Mark Gaisner
Amos Roberts
Dallas Johnson
Craig Wing
Matt Gidley

Jake Webster
Brent Webb
Ali Lautiti
Michael Monaghan
Lesley Vainakolo
Matt Orford
Matt King
Danny Buderus
Shane Tronc
Dean Widders
Shaun Berrigan
Pat Richards
Tony Polatua

Iafecta Palasena
Steve Menzies
David Fa'logo
Rangi Chase
Clint Greensheilds
Setamata Sa
Iosia Soliola
Francis Meli
Vinnie Anderson
Greg Eastwood

And of the above list we have players would would have either retired, or who left early to chase the money anyway.

They could have taken the Ruben Wiki option, and stayed for less. Anyway, I doubt you could build a credible side for 2010 out of that lot, allowing for the Dad's Army factor.