What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

Game_Breaker

Coach
Did he even get injections? It may have been mentioned in the commentary, I don't recall hearing it.

I'm not for one minute saying he didn't need pain killers, in my opinion it looked pretty bad and would have "crippled" lesser blokes. All I'm saying is that if you must push/punch/shove etc. anyone you should probably do it with your un-injured arm.

:D

Yeah, he did get injections

Kevin Moore mentioned it in the press conference

His other arm was also injured I think, he had an elbow injury

retch

Juniors
Here is the slow motion...

I can't see any intention that he is going for the ball but he does appear to fold his legs back slightly...

Still a very dangerous tackle...

Over to you...

2nl4s9j.jpg

Hari Kari

Juniors
Here is the slow motion...

I can't see any intention that he is going for the ball but he does appear to fold his legs back slightly...

Still a very dangerous tackle...

Over to you...

2nl4s9j.jpg

His leg folds back because it bounces off Goodwins head.

Hayne and Grothe should both be suspended.

Big Mick

Referee
Haha.... But your not biased are you!!

How does that show bias you merkin.

Parra are probably our most hated rival, and Bulldogs are bulldogs...I didn't give a rats who won. Just wanted a fair game.

I laugh at all the Bulldogs and bitter Dragons fans who come on here trying to get Hayne suspended cause he ripped their poor widdle team apart and they want payback.

Big Mick

Referee
His leg folds back because it bounces off Goodwins head.

Hayne and Grothe should both be suspended.

Grothe now!

Why don't we just suspend the whole Parramatta team...hell why not just have the Bulldogs in the Grand Final instead when they didn't deserve it.

Love how people slow everything down to a super extra slow mo just to see a bit of contact.

Fact: He was at full pace speeding trying to stop a play being made which resulted in a try, he tried his best at the pace he was going to pull away, and didn't HIT him with the knee but rather his thigh. No contact with the knee, you can't DROP the knee if the knee doesn't freakin connect.

He misses the Grand Final over that bullsh!t, may as well play the Grand Final in skirts and call it freakin netball.

And Hindmarsh...how can you suspend a guy, when Hannant was still moving, trying to fend Hindmarsh and the guys just trying to make a tackle, someone comes in and hits Hannant on the right and unfortunately fall's on his arm in an extremely..extremely awkward way. There was absolutely no malice in that, it was purely an accident as they were still in motion. The act of a chicken wing, is to prevent motion and flipping the player onto his back leveraging their arm around the body. That didn't happen here, Hannant just fell awkwardly. Looked bad, but nothin in it.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Hayne won't be suspended because he is the bestest Rugby League player in the whole, wide world. And did you hear that he is the son of a single mum who raised him as best she could??

Also, his tears can cure Cancer.

joshreading

Staff member
He did pull his feet back, if he gets suspended it will be bad for the NRL. I am not a Parra fan and I hope the Eels lose the GF but if he gets suspended it will be a joke.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Sadly Hayne should def be banned if the judiciary are to be consistent. They rubbed out Smith last year for something far less dangerous.
Trying to rip someone's head off is far less dangerous? Looks like there was no intent in Hayne's incident, but there was clear intent with Smith's. He yanked once, then got a better grip and yanked back on Thaiday's head again.

Perth Red said:
ps who lashed out with the boot and knocked Stagg out? They didn't show a replay of that one.
Reddy. Dunno if it was a kick/stomp at the head, or just trying to find his footing and play the ball. Stagg was holding on.

Big Mick said:
Fact: He was at full pace speeding trying to stop a play being made which resulted in a try, he tried his best at the pace he was going to pull away, and didn't HIT him with the knee but rather his thigh. No contact with the knee, you can't DROP the knee if the knee doesn't freakin connect.

Fact: He lead with the knees. Pretty sure that's illegal.

Hayne had absolutely no chance of getting him, he was a second late, but still went in knees first. I think that constitutes at least a 1 game ban. If you look at Gibbs one, and justify him getting 3, Hayne deserves about that if not more.

ironhorse

Juniors
Looking at the NRL site, you have a charge of "dropping knees" available. There are 5 gradings available.
There is no doubt Hayne dropped his knees collecting Goodwin in the head after he scored. I can't see how it isn't at least a grade 1. A grade 1 is 200 points. I don't like his chances of playing in the GF. After consulting the video ref, it was given a possible 8 point try and put on report. How on earth can he not at least get a grade 1 dropping knees charge?

+1 . It was late ,it contacted the head and knocked out the winger ,it was given a penalty try and placed on report - it was very serious contact ,Gibbs got 2 or 3 weeks for a less serious knee to the back of Luke Burt....Haynes gone , a shame for Parramatta fans and they cant win the GF without him but thats life . NRL handed the GF to Manly last year by suspending Smith , i cant see them allowing Hayne to play after that . Watching him the last few weeks he is a bit of a grub anyway .

Latest posts