What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

Country Bronco

Juniors
Hayne will be suspended, I'm afraid. Not only did his knees come in contact with the players head but he lead with his feet then tucked them under at the last second, in all, it was a dangerous play. Also adding to the weight behind suspension is that it was immediately placed on report and the possibility of a eight point try given. Life's a bitch!!! sometimes but you take the good with the bad.

Southernsaint

Staff member
What if Hayne "retired" from Parra when suspended, Joined Catalans Dragons for the week, served his suspension and flew home on Saturday - straight to ANZ on Sunday from the airport and Clive Churchill medal around his neck a few hours later??

(Almost) worked for Blocker!!

ironhorse

Juniors
alright over on nrl.com .......and through all the afl and bigpond ads....i just watched the Gibbs knee from rd 24 against the eels .haynes is much worse , Gibbs just tapped Burt's back ,was not nearly as late and he tried an obvious effort to pull his knee back .... if gibbs copped 3 weeks for that then Hayne is definitely gone even if nrl tries to nullify it he would still be gone after that precident. Tonights game winners are 2009 premiers

Last edited:

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Reading Aspiring's drivel, one thing is for sure.

Parra is the tall poppy. And tall poppy syndromse is alive and well.

How about a trhead about Hannent's milk -as evidenced when he used the injured arm to shove Hindy. :lol:

Milking it? Please. Hannett is one tough mofo. He'd look good in red and white.

Hayne will be charged. He'll play in the grand final though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Never was.

He's a good player, but he's not the messiah...

with all due respect, right now he is the messiah
look at the way teams sh*t themselves when he has the footy, i've never seen that in my life. Not when Campo had his golden run last year, not when Inglis was carving teams up on a weekly basis, no when Thurston was leading the Cowboys on their GF run, and not even when Johns was at his peak.

Gould is right, he's been held with such esteem right now that no one wants to go after him, they are all sitting on their heels and waiting for him to do something, which is only aiding his time and space

Big Mick

Referee
look at the way teams sh*t themselves when he has the footy, i've never seen that in my life. Not when Campo had his golden run last year, not when Inglis was carving teams up on a weekly basis, no when Thurston was leading the Cowboys on their GF run, and not even when Johns was at his peak.

Gould is right, he's been held with such esteem right now that no one wants to go after him, they are all sitting on their heels and waiting for him to do something, which is only aiding his time and space

I laughed my ass off last night, watching him on that try that was disallowed because they said Inu knocked on.

He jinked back...and took a step back from the line...and waved at Kimmorley and the rest of the Bulldogs defensive line going "Come and get me...come on" I thought that was awesome.

ironhorse

Juniors
I laughed my ass off last night, watching him on that try that was disallowed because they said Inu knocked on.

He jinked back...and took a step back from the line...and waved at Kimmorley and the rest of the Bulldogs defensive line going "Come and get me...come on" I thought that was awesome.

he was waving his own player to get back onside so he had a passing option .

SilentAssassin

Juniors

I agree. It's crazy. In saying that Melbourne will shut him down (sorry bronco fans).

Blaze

Juniors
The thing I don't understand is why any neutral would want him to miss the GF?

Personally, I do not think he should be charged. Running towards Goodwin at full speed, he cannot disappear. It was just a bad accident, and he doesn't deserve to miss a GF for that

SilentAssassin

Juniors

Personally, I do not think he should be charged. Running towards Goodwin at full speed, he cannot disappear. It was just a bad accident, and he doesn't deserve to miss a GF for that

I have money on the storm to win the comp and I still want him to play because I'm going to the game. It would be a walk in the park for Storm/Broncos if Hayne is out.

Hayne seems so good because players hang off him. If I had half an hour to pick what to do, I think I'd pick the right option as well. His execution is great, but if he has no time that all falls down the drain.

Hayne is "overrated" by the opposition, if they just go up to him and hit him solidly, he won't do much.

Why would a neutral want to see a defenseless player be smacked on top of his head knees first, for absolutely no reason as the try was never going to be saved.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Right or wrong, he won't get suspended. If Hayne is suspended then the Storm/Broncos match might as well be called the Grand Final.

For what it's worth I see Broncos V Storm as the Grand Final anyway as I don't think the Eels will win next week regardless, but it'd be a much more exciting match if Hayne were available.

Scorpio30

Bench
Here is the slow motion...

I can't see any intention that he is going for the ball but he does appear to fold his legs back slightly...

Still a very dangerous tackle...

Over to you...

2nl4s9j.jpg

Looking at that ...What the hell is Eric Grothe Jnr's intentions?

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Nothing in it.

He gets suspended its a joke.

He didn't even hit him with his knee...it was his thigh...

Whats more of a joke was the penalty against the "chicken wing"

Someone sticks their arm out to fend...moving forward...and a player trying to grab him...and he falls on his arm he's trying to fend with...and he get's the penalty.

I don't give a rat's arse if he was injured..it shouldn't have been a penalty. Was just football..just a knee-jerk reaction to an injury.

Whats more the Bulldogs are laying around the ruck, not even attempting to roll away from the ruck at all. Absolute rubbish tactic.

Really wish...someone would trample Ennis. Little grub. I'd love to see him run over.
Pfffft

Tell that to Cayless fans. :lol:

super_coach

First Grade
Gibbs should never have been suspended and like wise Haynes should not be
suspended but the NRL have backed themself into a corner on this one and they can only make one call and thats to suspend the golden boy. They will loose what little creditability they have if they try and clear him after setting the bench mark with the Gibbs tackle.

My gut feeling is they will bow to pressure and let him play

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Looking at that ...What the hell is Eric Grothe Jnr's intentions?

Looks like he was trying to force Goodwin's legs into touch.

Hayne must be charged with dangerous contact from that incident. Otherwise it signals open season for other players to go running in and lead with the knees. Whether he is suspended or not is reliant upon the charge and grading.