What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

Eelementary

Post Whore
Now you're just being silly and biased.

Jarryd Hayne was NEVER going to stop Goodwin from scoring - from the moment Goodwin dove over the line it was all over; he was just NOT going to f**k up.

Taking that into account, Hayne had no business sliding into him - he should have just remained upright and hurdled over Goodwin. He deliberately tried to make contact with him anyway.

Cayless' knee was a freak accident.

I know you'll know probably argue, "He's the fullback - what's he supposed to do, sit back and watch the winger score a try?" To which I would refer you back to my original point - Hayne (nor any other fullback) was never going to stop that try from being scored. Goodwin had to literally only fall over the line.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Sorry champ, but your argument is fundamentally flawed. Hayne would have known he had lost the race for the ball before he was within a metre of Goodwin. He also would have known that Goodwin would be close to the ground when he got the ball. Thus he had maybe close to half a second to decide on a course of action.

A batsman facing genuine pace bowling has around 0.4 of a second from when the ball leaves the bowler's hand to judge the ball's intended line & length, either select a shot or evasive action, and then make said shot or take said evasive action. All this within 0.4 of a second and all Hayne had to do - if he wanted to of course - was take action that would not involve feet or knees to the head of a player on the ground. Hell, instinct alone would normally do the trick.

In fact, instinct alone would suffice if he really did have only 0.2 of a second in which to react.

As far as whether it was or wasn't intentional - Goodwin had two players (Hayne & Grothe) coming at him with their knees. At best, coincidence. At worst???

Unless it was an acid flashback, did I read or see an interview with Hayne where he said watching replays of some of the things he does on the field astound him? Screw the knees; for that utter wank of a comment, he should be suspended for a month!

.2 of a second makes a huge difference. batsmen have double the time Hayne did.

Also don't forget Batsman spend years practicing if the ball comes here, i'll do this, even then the best in the world still make mistakes and bad judgements. How often does a fullback have to do what Hayne did? 2 or 3 times a week?

Hayne will get Contrary conduct Grade 1, and he will play in the grand final. End of Story:cool:

Fui!!!

Juniors

Jarryd Hayne was NEVER going to stop Goodwin from scoring - from the moment Goodwin dove over the line it was all over; he was just NOT going to f**k up.

Taking that into account, Hayne had no business sliding into him - he should have just remained upright and hurdled over Goodwin. He deliberately tried to make contact with him anyway.

I know you'll know probably argue, "He's the fullback - what's he supposed to do, sit back and watch the winger score a try?" To which I would refer you back to my original point - Hayne (nor any other fullback) was never going to stop that try from being scored. Goodwin had to literally only fall over the line.

All Barrett had to do was fall over the line. It's not a try till the ball hits the ground!

bileduct

Coach
A batsman facing genuine pace bowling has around 0.4 of a second from when the ball leaves the bowler's hand to judge the ball's intended line & length, either select a shot or evasive action, and then make said shot or take said evasive action. All this within 0.4 of a second and all Hayne had to do - if he wanted to of course - was take action that would not involve feet or knees to the head of a player on the ground. Hell, instinct alone would normally do the trick.
This is the most geniused argument I have seen on this thread so far.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Changing your tune, huh Timmah? What happened to leading with the feet as well?

You're f**king clueless.
Saying legs is shorter than "feet and knees". Both of which are part of the legs. F**kwit.

By definition he led with the knees, after having originally intended to lead with the feet.

F**kwit.

Fathead

Bench

I try not to be biased and base my argument on the facts alone.
A football can bounce at any angle or degree (see Morris try where the ball was supposed to bounce up but didnt)

When do you say was the exact point that Hayne would have known that Goodwin was going to score the try and the ball was not going to beat Goodwin ?
How far away from Goodwin was Hayne at this point ?
What speed was Hayne going?
What angle were Haynes legs in reference to his body and Goodwin?

or are you saying that Hayne should have thought before he started his run towards Goodwin - 'Well thats it - there is a great chance Goodwin will score this try and I will certainly not get there with my legs to boot the ball over the line so I better stop in case I knee him in the head ? "

bileduct

Coach
Saying legs is shorter than "feet and knees". Both of which are part of the legs. F**kwit.

By definition he led with the knees, after having originally intended to lead with the feet.

F**kwit.
Go eat yourself into a coma you fat f**k.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I try not to be biased and base my argument on the facts alone.
A football can bounce at any angle or degree (see Morris try where the ball was supposed to bounce up but didnt)

When do you say was the exact point that Hayne would have known that Goodwin was going to score the try and the ball was not going to beat Goodwin ?
How far away from Goodwin was Hayne at this point ?
What speed was Hayne going?
What angle were Haynes legs in reference to his body and Goodwin?

or are you saying that Hayne should have thought before he started his run towards Goodwin - 'Well thats it - there is a great chance Goodwin will score this try and I will certainly not get there with my legs to boot the ball over the line so I better stop in case I knee him in the head ? "

Yeah, that's the gist of what I meant. I don't think anybody could have prevented the try - so I think it would have been wiser of him to "give up". It wouldn't have been "giving up", of course, because the try was going to be scored either way.

It's just such a shame that an incident like this may deny him a Grand Final.

Eelementary

Post Whore
All Barrett had to do was fall over the line. It's not a try till the ball hits the ground!

Fair point. Let me elaborate: the only person who was going to stop Goodwin from scoring was Goodwin himself.

And for the record, I can understand why you're all defending him - I just think that he should have done things differently.

Fathead

Bench
Yeah, that's the gist of what I meant. I don't think anybody could have prevented the try - so I think it would have been wiser of him to "give up". It wouldn't have been "giving up", of course, because the try was going to be scored either way.

It's just such a shame that an incident like this may deny him a Grand Final.

I cant believe you are saying that. No one gives up because the ball can do anything !!
They are taught at a young age never to give up and if the ball had bounced differently or Goodwin had knocked it up or back and Hayne had given up, then everybody - including the coach would give it to him.
It makes no sense.

He will not miss the GF.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Go eat yourself into a coma you fat f**k.
Translation:

I lost the argument, I resorted to fat jokes that someone else made up because I've got absolutely no originality or sense of humour.

Thanks for coming. Raiders for the spoon 2010. :D

bileduct

Coach
Translation:

I lost the argument, I resorted to fat jokes that someone else made up because I've got absolutely no originality or sense of humour.

Thanks for coming. Raiders for the spoon 2010. :D
Are you serious?

Mate, next time you score, can you pick me up an ounce?

As for your final witty retort, join the chorus, dickhead. We hear it every year, but it still hasn't arrived... though I bet yours is still shrinkwrapped.

LazyDreamer

Bench
This is the most geniused argument I have seen on this thread so far.

Yeah, I can see how having a point and using examples to illustrate this could be construed as geniused. Great point Einstein :crazy:. You're not a waste of oxygen are you? (apologies to those whose sarcasm meters just exploded).

Merkin. I can definitely see why you'd be an authority on what constitutes something being geniused. You obviously have first-hand experience on the topic. Life-long, first-hand experience.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spo...nto-bat-for-onreport-hayne-20090926-g6v5.html

Dogs winger goes into bat for on-report Hayne
September 26, 2009 - 2:32PM

Bryson Goodwin has gone into bat for Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne, with the Bulldogs winger vowing to help the Eels superstar to beat a potential dangerous contact charge that threatens to wipe him out of next week's NRL grand final.

Hayne jeopardised his appearance in the premiership decider by being placed on report by referee Tony Archer for kneeing Goodwin in the head as the `Dogs flyer scored the opening try of the match.

Anything more than a grade one dangerous contact charge from the match review committee on Monday would see Hayne need to front the NRL judiciary to fight for his right to play in the grand final.

But Goodwin said he would give the Dally M medallist all the support he needed to clear his name.

Goodwin's stance was in stark contrast to that of teammate Ben Hannant, who claimed the Eels should not have finished the game with their full quota on the field after he had his shoulder wrenched back by hooker Matthew Keating.

Like Hayne, Keating too faces a nervous couple of days as he awaits the match review committee's findings.

But it is the potential loss of Hayne which would be catastrophic for the Eels premiership hopes - with the game's hottest player having carried Parramatta to within 80 minutes of their first premiership on 23 years.

"I'll see the replays and what happens, if it looks like he didn't mean anything then I'd help him out (at the judiciary)," said Goodwin, who was still feeling the effects of the head knock after the game.

"You don't want to miss out on a grand final with a team that you've played with all year, he carried the team you could say to where they are now so it would be bad to miss out for him.

"A few of the boys have seen it, he just came in with his legs but I'm not too sure what happened."

Hannant was in no doubt however as he questioned why referees Archer and Ben Cummins did not take sterner action over the two incidents, with Hannant left requiring painkilling injections to get back on the field after suffering a partially dislocated shoulder and hyper-extended elbow.

"The refs didn't make the decision to send him off so, what warrants getting someone sent off?" Hannant said.

"Just because you're the best player in the world, does that mean that you never get sent off, these are the questions you've got to ask the NRL, not us.

"We just did our best, we fought hard, we were busted but we kept hanging in there."

Eels coach Daniel Anderson seemed surprisingly confident neither of his players would have a case to answer, with Anderson more concerned about the availability of skipper Nathan Cayless due to a hamstring complaint.

"A little clumsy, but not malicious at all," was how Anderson described the Hayne report.

"There's no use jumping up and down. I'll let people do their job. They're not going to listen to me."

AAP

bileduct

Coach
Yeah, I can see how having a point and using examples to illustrate this could be construed as geniused.

The argument is geniused on it's face due to the simple fact that a batman's training and instincts are developed specifically for the 0.4 second timeframe you refer to. It takes years and years of training to develop the instinct and discipline to acutely grasp all of the variables involved in the delivery and make a competitive decision.

You're comparing apples to f**king bricks, dipsh*t.

Fui!!!

Juniors
:lol: Hannant.

Any excuse to take the heat off the fact that Fui is the best Prop in the Game ATM.

Ben "Boo F*cking Hoo" Hannant.

When a hooker tries to take down a prop that has 30 kegs on him, with a full head of steam, is it all possible that he might get himself in an awkward and unfortunate position without meaning to?

What a sour, whingeing wanker.

Cletus

First Grade
I hope he plays in the grand final, but after Gibbs suspension for basically the same thing and Cameron Smith getting suspended in last years final you'd think the NRL would have to suspend him.