What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

mickdo

Coach
He had a partial dislocation of his shoulder. That wouldn't have limited his movement much once it went back in.

I guess John Sattler didn't really have a broken jaw because he got up and kept playing. That lying merkin had us fooled this whole time.

John Sattler didn't go headbutting blokes with his jaw after he broke it

Shifty

Juniors
There wasn't much in it, but Hayne shouldn't have gone in like that at all.

Having his feet tucked under shouldn't excuse leading with the knees, he wasn't ever going to get to Goodwin in time and only went in to hit him after the try had been scored. Not suggesting that he deliberately hit him in the head, but he intentionally went in late and it was careless.

I don't think he should be suspended and don't think he will be. Penalty try was fair enough.

Keating should have been sent off. He deliberately tried to immobilise Hannant's arm and even if he didn't mean to cause injury, the likelihood of that kind of tackle causing injury is unacceptable.

gsweeper

Juniors
If there is a thing called consistency that so happens to exist in our world, Hayne should be gone for a minimum of three weeks. Keating probably 2. He has absolutely no defense as to what he did, you can never justify going in with your legs or your knees when there is another player involved. It will be an absolute farce if he gets off, but yet again, I wouldn't be surprised as the underlying driving force of the game is money, and how much money would the nrl generate from having their precious pin up boy in the Grand Final; let me give it to you in simple terms.....a sh*tload. I don't hate Jarrad Hayne, but i think a line has to be drawn as to where fair decisions should come into play, sure it is unfair for him to miss the Grand Final, but it would be unfair to other players (Cameron Smith) if he was to get off without charge...

mickdo

Coach
If there is a thing called consistency that so happens to exist in our world, Hayne should be gone for a minimum of three weeks.

Even Gibbs would have only got 1 week if he didn't have loading and carry overs, and that was for dropping knees into to a guy with the ball who was diving onto the ground to score, not where the ball was rolling on the ground from a kick and was up for grabs. One of your best :lol:

Fathead

Bench
If there is a thing called consistency that so happens to exist in our world, Hayne should be gone for a minimum of three weeks. Keating probably 2. He has absolutely no defense as to what he did, you can never justify going in with your legs or your knees when there is another player involved. It will be an absolute farce if he gets off, but yet again, I wouldn't be surprised as the underlying driving force of the game is money, and how much money would the nrl generate from having their precious pin up boy in the Grand Final; let me give it to you in simple terms.....a sh*tload. I don't hate Jarrad Hayne, but i think a line has to be drawn as to where fair decisions should come into play, sure it is unfair for him to miss the Grand Final, but it would be unfair to other players (Cameron Smith) if he was to get off without charge...

Thats the biggest load of drivel that I have read for a while.
BTW if Cameron Smith didnt have carry over points he wouldnt have been suspended.
Your argument is high on emotion and low on any substance.

gsweeper

Juniors
Even Gibbs would have only got 1 week if he didn't have loading and carry overs, and that was for dropping knees into to a guy with the ball who was diving onto the ground to score, not where the ball was rolling on the ground from a kick and was up for grabs. One of your best :lol:

No matter what Hayne did he was never going to stop him, what makes it worse is that he hit him in the head, not in the back....and i'm not saying it was deliberate but nothing good was ever going to come out of it....

mickdo

Coach
No matter what Hayne did he was never going to stop him, what makes it worse is that he hit him in the head, not in the back....and i'm not saying it was deliberate but nothing good was ever going to come out of it....

Yes, I'm sure he should have got his measuring tape out when the ball was kicked, calculated Goodwin's speed and his own and then stopped right then and there once it was clear that he couldn't make it. :roll:

Game_Breaker

Coach
John Sattler didn't go headbutting blokes with his jaw after he broke it

Pushing someone doesnt mean he wasnt injured dumbass

I guess the Bulldogs medical staff shouldnt have gave him a pain killing injection, they shouldve listened to some nobody like you on a net forum

gsweeper

Juniors
Yes, I'm sure he should have got his measuring tape out when the ball was kicked, calculated Goodwin's speed and his own and then stopped right then and there once it was clear that he couldn't make it. :roll:

So many times this year, players have gone in leg first, or knees first only to result in something happening. I can seriously see now justification in going in leg/knee first. Goodwin was always going to score that and by Hayne making and attempt at Goodwin he would have made contact with him by leg or knee...

Engine

Juniors
Comparing Hayne to Gibbs is comparing apples and oranges.

I am a tigers fand and admit that Gibbs' knee was intentional and he got what he deserved.

Hayne's knee was not intentional. If it was not a finals match, I'd give him a week for carelessness. But, he should NOT miss a grand final for that action. Finals matches carry far more weight than competition matches.

NS_Sherlock

Juniors
Hayne's knee was not intentional. If it was not a finals match, I'd give him a week for carelessness. But, he should NOT miss a grand final for that action. Finals matches carry far more weight than competition matches.

I agree that it wasn't intentional and he lifted his knees up. It was, however, reckless or careless. Players need to learn not to drop to their knees. I can't see any intentional, reckless or careless categories for dropping knees - it's 200 points for grade 1 regardless of the intent.

I'm not sure whether it being a Grand Final should have any influence. I'd hate to see a situation where players become reckless the week before a Grand Final knowing that they could delay a penalty.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Comparing Hayne to Gibbs is comparing apples and oranges.

I am a tigers fand and admit that Gibbs' knee was intentional and he got what he deserved.

You're a moron, neither was intentional most likely but both were careless and dangerous.

One hit a guys head, one hit a guys arse.

If collecting the backside of a player with your knees is worth an 8 point try and at least a weeks suspension then collecting a players head with your knees is worth an 8 point try (which was delivered) and at least a weeks suspension.

Unless you are Bryce Gibbs or Jared Hayne, talking about intention is talking out of your arse. Even if either did intend it you'd be hard pressed to get a confession.

Last edited:

gsweeper

Juniors
You're a moron, neither was intentional most likely but both were careless and dangerous.

One hit a guys head, one hit a guys arse.

If collecting the backside of a player with your knees is worth an 8 point try and at least a weeks suspension then collecting a players head with your knees is worth an 8 point try (which was delivered) and at least a weeks suspension.

thats what i tried to argue, it doesn't matter if it was deliberate or not, it was careless....

Engine

Juniors
Btw, I want to see the Storm smash the Eels into submission. But, Hayne deserves his place in the GF.

gsweeper

Juniors
No doubt it was careless. But, I'd hate to see a guy miss a grand final for that.

It just proves league is a game of logic....he should have known better after all the incidents over the year...it was never going to end well....

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
I agree that it wasn't intentional and he lifted his knees up. It was, however, reckless or careless. Players need to learn not to drop to their knees. I can't see any intentional, reckless or careless categories for dropping knees - it's 200 points for grade 1 regardless of the intent.

I'm not sure whether it being a Grand Final should have any influence. I'd hate to see a situation where players become reckless the week before a Grand Final knowing that they could delay a penalty.

No one intentionally means to tackle someone high either but they still have to cop a suspension , so why should this be any different

Latest posts