What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The media bandwagon to let him off is already in full force. Sickening.

They've set the precedent with Gibbs, however no doubt they'll change their mind this time. Pathetic.

Fui!!!

Juniors

NS_Sherlock

Juniors
Dropping the knees is normally a charge where a player has the ball and the tackler goes in on the player with the knees. In this case he was going in to a contest where the ball was on the ground from a kick, so another charge such as Dangerous Contact may be considered.

yeah, I considered that. Dangerous Contact possibly is an appropriate charge. You have to conider how hayne could have stopped. In any method there was possible contact and injury. We'll know soon.

Fui!!!

Juniors
The media bandwagon to let him off is already in full force. Sickening.

They've set the precedent with Gibbs, however no doubt they'll change their mind this time. Pathetic.

Still hurting???

Gibbs would have got 1 week if he didn't have carry over points, and he didnt try and get off.

If his one was grade 2 dangerous contact and he was NEVER a chance at stopping Burt. Then Hayne's is DEFINATELY only a grade 1 dangerous contact seeing as he was chasing a grubber.

Whens the last time your team made the Finals?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah yeah, he was never going to stop Goodwin from scoring, does that mean he shouldnt try and stop him?

Just go back to Nathan Cayless accidently kneeing Patten. It was clear that Patten was falling, Nathen then went down with him to make a tackle. Its almost the same thing except Goodwin was going to score a try, which requires more urgency from the defence.

Um, no, they're nothing alike.

And yes - he shouldn't have kneed Goodwin - at least I am not biased enough to admit that.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Um, no, they're nothing alike.

And yes - he shouldn't have kneed Goodwin - at least I am not biased enough to admit that.

Why don't we just play touch footy?

You people are making the NRL more of a pansy sport than AFL. If you don't want an ACCIDENTAL knee to the head go play AFL or soccer or lawn bowls.

Let's make kicking illega aswelll, crocker got knocked out by kick. Whoever kicked should get a 5 month suspension. Dirty Grub of a player.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Blah blah blah. This isn't about the sport going soft ffs.

Fact - what he did is illegal and dangerous. You can brace yourself for a huge hit - what's a guy supposed to do when he's on the ground scoring a try and someone comes along and tramples his head with his legs?

Your bias astounds me.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Blah blah blah. This isn't about the sport going soft ffs.

Fact - what he did is illegal and dangerous. You can brace yourself for a huge hit - what's a guy supposed to do when he's on the ground scoring a try and someone comes along and tramples his head with his legs?

Your bias astounds me.

Yeah yeah, thats not an exaggeration.

Theres a HUGE difference between purposely stepping on someones head and an accidental knee in a collision.

Noa

First Grade
Honestly Id like to see him play, but saying it was an accident is irrelevant. If we made decisions based on what was intentional and what wasnt, 98% of cases would get thrown out

Ridders

Coach
When you look at the replay he led with his thighs not knees, he will get off either way because he has no carry over points

I heard that he had 20% loading or something. No idea what that means. They'll probably give him a Grade 1 offense, which will allow him to down-grade it and play in the GF.

Evenflow

Bench
Mate, it's not going to take 30 minutes to get a decision...

They already made the decision after friday nights game. Grade 1 whatever and he'll get off. They're only waiting to add intrigue and to make it at least look they've had a long hard think about it.

Latest posts