What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

Fui!!!

Juniors
Honestly Id like to see him play, but saying it was an accident is irrelevant. If we made decisions based on what was intentional and what wasnt, 98% of cases would get thrown out

Our whole legal system is based on intention. That's wy there is a thing called mansluaghter.

Otherwise a King hit and a careless High tackle would have the same suspension.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Quite the cynic, aren't you?

I have heard a few people mention that he could get a grade 2, meaning he'll get suspended.

He should definitely be charged imo. I hope he doesn't get suspended because I so desperately want us to win a Premiership. But I wouldn't complain if he did - kinda deserves it.

Ridders

Coach
Quite the cynic, aren't you?

I have heard a few people mention that he could get a grade 2, meaning he'll get suspended.

He should definitely be charged imo. I hope he doesn't get suspended because I so desperately want us to win a Premiership. But I wouldn't complain if he did - kinda deserves it.

Wow a Parra supporter that hasn't let their bias affect their opinion of the incident. Your a rare breed.

I'd bet my house he gets a Grade 1.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So a king hit should draw the same suspension as an accidental high tackle???

Your argument is flawed. It lacks logic.

There was nothing accidental about it - did he or did he not deliberately run in the general direction of Goodwin? Did he or did he not collect Goodwin in the head?

YOUR argument is flawed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wow a Parra supporter that hasn't let their bias affect their opinion of the incident. Your a rare kind.

To be honest, I can't agree with the people who believe there was nothing in it. I think his decision to slide in was just silly and it may well cost us a Premiership.

Fui!!!

Juniors
There was nothing accidental about it - did he or did he not deliberately run in the general direction of Goodwin? Did he or did he not collect Goodwin in the head?

YOUR argument is flawed.

So, a fullback can't cover kicks now???

Did or did not someone performing a high tackle collect someone in the head. Why should some one who king hit someone get more of a suspension? If intention doesn't matter?

gallagher

Juniors

Did or did not someone performing a high tackle collect someone in the head. Why should some one who king hit someone get more of a suspension? If intention doesn't matter?
I'm pretty sure Brett White intended to punch Steve Price in the head. He didnt get a suspension, but careless high shots have earned suspensions.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Get the king hit out of your head - it's irrelevant. Unless you are trying to say it's OK to collect a player in the process of scoring a try in the head?

A fullback can cover kicks, sure - in this case he was NEVER going to get to the ball or the player in time to force an error and/or save the try. NEVER. So his decision to go in and slide and hit the guy with his legs was just made all the more stupid.

At the end of the day, you'll probably be ecstatic because the NRL will not allow their poster boy to get suspended for a Grand Final, rightly or wrongly. Specially not in a game as tantalising as this - whereby the Australian fullback position is potentially up for grabs.

Fui!!!

Juniors
I'm pretty sure Brett White intended to punch Steve Price in the head. He didnt get a suspension, but careless high shots have earned suspensions.

It's different when 2 people go at it 1 on 1. I'm talking Danny Williams style compared 2 a High tackle. In both cases the player wasn't expecting it.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Get the king hit out of your head - it's irrelevant. Unless you are trying to say it's OK to collect a player in the process of scoring a try in the head?

A fullback can cover kicks, sure - in this case he was NEVER going to get to the ball or the player in time to force an error and/or save the try. NEVER. So his decision to go in and slide and hit the guy with his legs was just made all the more stupid.

At the end of the day, you'll probably be ecstatic because the NRL will not allow their poster boy to get suspended for a Grand Final, rightly or wrongly. Specially not in a game as tantalising as this - whereby the Australian fullback position is potentially up for grabs.

How was he to know he couldn't get there? It's a fullbacks job to get there. Was he meant to pause time, do some physics calculations and then go back, restart time and say, "nah cant get there".

There was .2 seconds between the ball being grounded and contact. He isnt the flash, he can't pull out in that time.

In regard to the King hit, i'm saying that, you can't say intention doesn't matter, but then in another case say, intention blah blah.

HE WILL get off, and rightly so.

Ridders

Coach
Of course he'll be free to play. As if there would be any other outcome. NRL can't suspend their new golden boy.

Molly

Juniors
YES IT IS, that's why some who kills someone just for fun gets life, and someone who falls a sleep while driving and kills someone gets 7 years.

So what you are saying is someone who knees deliverately should get at least . I dont know, 8 weeks, and someone who has a brainfade should probably get 1 week.

I think we agree.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mate if you watch the replay, he was a good 5 metres or so away from Goodwin as Goodwin was in the process of diving over the line to score...

If he doesn't have carry over points and he gets charged, but he's right to play, then I feel it was the right decision. IMO he needs to be charged, because you cannot lead with the legs like he did. I know there was no intent to hurt the player (as evidenced by the fact he tucked his feet under and tried to change direction), but you can't do it, I'm afraid.

But it is frustrating because it could have been avoided so easily...

Fui!!!

Juniors
Mate if you watch the replay, he was a good 5 metres or so away from Goodwin as Goodwin was in the process of diving over the line to score...

If he doesn't have carry over points and he gets charged, but he's right to play, then I feel it was the right decision. IMO he needs to be charged, because you cannot lead with the legs like he did. I know there was no intent to hurt the player (as evidenced by the fact he tucked his feet under and tried to change direction), but you can't do it, I'm afraid.

But it is frustrating because it could have been avoided so easily...

He runs at 8m/s. It's still less than a second in the heat of battle.

Latest posts