What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne must be Suspended

Should Hayne be Suspended?

• YES

Votes: 86 45.5%
  • NO

Votes: 103 54.5%

• Total voters

Front-Rower

First Grade
How was he to know he couldn't get there? It's a fullbacks job to get there. Was he meant to pause time, do some physics calculations and then go back, restart time and say, "nah cant get there".

There was .2 seconds between the ball being grounded and contact. He isnt the flash, he can't pull out in that time.

In regard to the King hit, i'm saying that, you can't say intention doesn't matter, but then in another case say, intention blah blah.

HE WILL get off, and rightly so.

Problem was he admitted to Archer that he was going in with his feet then decided to "tuck" them in and had no other option but to drop his knees into Goodwin's head. Going in with the feet is illegal and dropping the knees is also illegal. He has to go.

Imagine if this was Slater, everyone would want him gone...

Fui!!!

Juniors
So Brett White didnt intend to hit Price? How could have Williams accidently punched O'Neil by the way?

Brett White did intend it, but Price was throwing them aswell. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT IN RUGBY LEAGUE!

Williams did it on purpose, that's what I'm saying, Hayne didn't. Williams should have been suspended.

But some people are saying that intention doesn't matter. So why should it matter in the williams case?

Eelementary

Post Whore
e
He runs at 8m/s. It's still less than a second in the heat of battle.

Fair enough, but mate - he had to get there in one second and then initiate the action to try and stop the try. OK, it was one second's worth of reaction time...But I still don't think he made the right call.

How many times have we seen a similar situation where you just see the fullback come from nowhere and merely hop over the winger, because the fullback could never have influenced the play?

I feel that that is what he should have done.

Fui!!!

Juniors
So what you are saying is someone who knees deliverately should get at least . I dont know, 8 weeks, and someone who has a brainfade should probably get 1 week.

I think we agree.

No, someone who does it on purpose should get 4 weeks.

And accidents should be left on the field. It's what made rugby league such a great game.

gallagher

Juniors
And accidents should be left on the field. It's what made rugby league such a great game.

That may be your opinion but its not how the judiciary works. They cant change the way they suspend blokes one week out from the end of the season.

lockyrulz

Juniors
lol at all the peopel defending Hayne.

My god I would love Billy slater to knock him out cold in similar circumstances in the first minutes of the gf.

Apey

Staff member
least Gus showed some sense with the keating indicident on the Roast

munge

Juniors
just heard from a source involved in the nrl that they are meeting to discuss haynes grading now (if any)

Apey

Staff member
just said that it's a nothing incident and sh*t happens like that in football, what else are they suppose to do etc.

now he's going off at the video refs again :lol: