What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne needs to get an education

Danish

Referee
It would be a massive determent to the NRL, but purely selfish reasons, because im a massive NFL fan and i want to see it. Id have love to see GI go over there when he was 18, he'd have been a pretty f**king great WR imo, but this isnt me as a RL fan, this is me as a sports fan.

I'd love to see a few aussies take a run at the NFL as well. Inglis and Hayne would have been shoe ins if playing from their teen years, and there'd be dozens more that could have made it for at least a few years if recruited early too.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think Brett Kimmorley would have made a great quarterback.

I think he & Brett Favre are equal in interceptions thrown, so that's got to count for something.....

betcats

Referee
I dont think they would be shoe ins at all, everyone trying to get in the NFL is a freak athlete, the pool of athletes is huge.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Fake press conference. Moving to San Fran. Going to training. Wearing the pads on game day. Wearing the bling.

Reminds me of Clint Dogg.

nick87

Coach
I'd love to see a few aussies take a run at the NFL as well. Inglis and Hayne would have been shoe ins if playing from their teen years, and there'd be dozens more that could have made it for at least a few years if recruited early too.

Absolutely. It's not that our athletes are inferior, it's that they dont have the access to the level of coaching those elite US kids do. They've got High School programs more advanced than some NRL clubs. (Mine for one)

Hayne going over there at this point is only a risk because of his age an inexperience.
Had he grown up with the game or played it at a collegiate level for a few years in his late teens, i think he'd have no problems making it IMO. Same could be said for many of our elite talent.

betcats

Referee
Have u guys ever seen a lebron james type Athlete in Aus? Dwight Howard? The best US athletes are certainly better than ours, the gap might not be as big as some make out but there is a gap.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Have u guys ever seen a lebron james type Athlete in Aus? Dwight Howard? The best US athletes are certainly better than ours, the gap might not be as big as some make out but there is a gap.

Shane Heal would pwn those noobs from the 3 point line brah,ba leed dat.

shiznit

Coach
His whole venture is dumb.
He is the only bloke in Australia who wants to try NFL.
I am sure no other rugby league player wants to waste his time at a sport that does not suit, or in fact he has not grown up with.
And this is the problem.
Not only the only bloke, but possibly the only one capable.

We have our sport, the yanks have theirs, never the twain shall meet.

Canard,
"And to say that Hayne's contract is coming out of his own wage is the most bizarre post Ive seen on this forum (Oikee included)."

Wait until the depths of winter, around origin time. I think i can take bizarre to a whole new level.

Cash-Money!!

In the NRL the highest paid guys in the competition are looking at 750K to 1.5M a year.

If your a good skill position player in the NFL you could potentially earn anything from 5 to 15 million a year.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Paying himself. :lol:

The image of that.

:lol:

I am picturing him negotiating with himself in his hotel room.

Jarryd: "I want 10 years, 100 million dollars, and a Victoria's Secret supermodel".
Jarryd: "No. We'll give you a futures contracts."
Jarryd: "f**k that, I need people back home to think I've made it. Instead of 100 MILLION, I'll take 100 THOUSAND, and a cool 49ers cap."

ram raid

Bench
Cash-Money!!

In the NRL the highest paid guys in the competition are looking at 750K to 1.5M a year.

If your a good skill position player in the NFL you could potentially earn anything from 5 to 15 million a year.

ha. The NFL salary cap is $143.28 million. Puts things in perspective.

Canard

Immortal

Everyone said in 92 that letting pros play Olympic basketball would guarantee USA winning it every time.

By 96 other nation's were competetive in 2004 they didn't get Gold.

Everyone said in 92 that letting pros play Olympic basketball would guarantee USA winning it every time.

Yeah, and let's ignore the fact Haynes stats actually put him right in the mix with some of these super human athlete, Hayne, who couldn't win a foot race with Lachlan Coote, Hayne, who'd get burnt by tons of NRL players.

A guy like David Mead would probably be the fastest NFL player in history if Hayne is running a 4.5 something at 27 after a couple months training :lol:

betcats

Referee

Whats that got to do with anything? Im talking purely athletic ability here.

As for the bball how many times have the US lost since 2004? Not whole tourneys, single games?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yeah, and let's ignore the fact Haynes stats actually put him right in the mix with some of these super human athlete, Hayne, who couldn't win a foot race with Lachlan Coote, Hayne, who'd get burnt by tons of NRL players.

A guy like David Mead would probably be the fastest NFL player in history if Hayne is running a 4.5 something at 27 after a couple months training :lol:

Running fast means nothing in the NFL, unless you have the skill to back it up. But you obviously have no idea about American Football, so i won't bother explaining.

Latest posts