What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne needs to get an education

shiznit

Coach
Plenty of bumpable posts today for later in the year when Hayne makes the cut, keep em coming fellas :lol:

I especially love the armchair experts able to see that Hayne apparently is completely out of his depth and terrible based on a couple mins of watching him run drills. Strange that professional NFL franchises who were present during those drills got he exact opposite impression of him, to the point that several were offering deals. Including one club willing to offer a guaranteed salary during the pre-season.... Something we were assured by those same LU experts NEVER happens, meaning they obviously see Hayne as a very rare talent compared to the other squad guys they have on the books.
Dude... He's basically signed on to go to training camp... Teams have signed guys to 'futures' contracts based on nothing more than YouTube clips in the past....

The f**king equipment manager has better job security than he does at the moment...

You can start talking about bumping posts if he's still around after final roster cuts...

And even if he does get cut from the Niners.... I wouldn't at all be surprised if he bounced around a few camps to see if anyone was interested.

ragzouken

Juniors
He's 28 going into a sport he has never played by the time he settles in after his first year he will be 29.

vs guy who are 22 who already play at a higher level and have higher ceilings. i think it's totally fair to say he is going to have a hard time even making the cut.

he got invited to trials wooo hoooo.

shiznit

Coach
He's 28 going into a sport he has never played by the time he settles in after his first year he will be 29.

vs guy who are 22 who already play at a higher level and have higher ceilings. i think it's totally fair to say he is going to have a hard time even making the cut.

I don't think you can dismiss him as easy as that though...

I honestly think there's things that Jarryd brings to the table that an UFA won't be able to match...

Character is a huge one.... Your talking about a guy who's been a high profile pro-athlete for over 10 years and has come out of it a great role model and leader.

If anyone knows anything about the NFL... They would know that in the current NFL climate, the demand on a players character is about as high as it's ever been in the league.

His biggest problem is... And has always been getting up to speed to the point where there's value in him keeping a roster spot... That's what he has to do.

aqua_duck

Coach
The way NFL fans on here speak about players is exactly the same as AFL fans on bigpoofy. "We has the best athletes in da world! No others could eva match our superstars! Blah blah blah"

The difference is NFL actually has a legitimate argument, the AFL is a game played in one country, only popular in 3 states, the NFL has an audience of about 200 million, pay their athletes $100m plus, there are Olympic calibre athletes who have tried and failed to crack it. Let's not kid ourselves, Hayne has a long long way to go to actually get on the field.

Danish

Referee

He is 27, and will still be 27 when the next Super Bowl is played

Danish

Referee
Dude... He's basically signed on to go to training camp... Teams have signed guys to 'futures' contracts based on nothing more than YouTube clips in the past....

The f**king equipment manager has better job security than he does at the moment...

You can start talking about bumping posts if he's still around after final roster cuts...

And even if he does get cut from the Niners.... I wouldn't at all be surprised if he bounced around a few camps to see if anyone was interested.

That's all well and good, but plenty were declaring he wouldn't even get a look in. Plenty said he'd be lucky to even make a practice squad, and even then no one thought legitimate squads like the Seahawks and 49ers would come knocking.

As I've said in previous threads on Hayne, I will get a chuckle every time his critics keep moving those goalposts so they can maintain the reverence of their beloved NFL superheroes. First, they laughed that he was even talking about having a shot. Then they laughed heartily that he was wasting his time moving to the US to train. After reports he was training well, it was stated that he would have zero chance of making a practice squad, then when it became apparent that was inevitable, they shifted into telling all and sundry he'd never make the final cut.

I look forward to in 6 months time when Hayne makes it when the next shift occurs. Perhaps it will be that until he gets out of special teams it doesn't count...

nick87

Coach
Speaking of bumpable posts :lol:
You'd better hope he does make it Danish, IBM territory looms if he doesnt.

TBPH, as RL fans we should all be hoping he doesnt cut it. If he can go over there with no experience, at age 27 and make a contribution enough to get rostered, then the NRL could have a bit of trouble hanging on to the next 18 year old Hayne

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
Seems scouts see that he has the raw ability to make it in the NFL just need to make some adjustments to the way he runs if he wants to make it as a RB.

He should watch some footage of Curtis Martin and learn from his footwork, then watch some film of Leshaun McCoy and learn how not to carry the ball

Canard

Immortal
TBPH, as RL fans we should all be hoping he doesnt cut it. If he can go over there with no experience, at age 27 and make a contribution enough to get rostered, then the NRL could have a bit of trouble hanging on to the next 18 year old Hayne

I hate that Bogan attitude of wanting someone to fail because of some ridiculous hypothetical situation.

The positives of someone succeeding would far outweigh the negatives.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The official NFL twitter thought this newsworthy enough to tell their almost 10 million followers.:

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/572620082226040832

probably the smartest place for hayne to go (aside from the guarantee of 100k something detroit wouldnt do) SF lack a return weapon, this is for mine haynes best pathway into the nfl,
IF hayne actually does alright he could see himself in talks for the running back position as a change of pace or package type player.

Although to be completely fair i find it very hard to see how he will make the 53 man roster, every player is valuable and you can't really be wasting a roster spot on a 28 year old who has never played the game before and MIGHT do okay returning some kicks.

Wouldnt be suprised to see him return hat in hand earlier then september (when the final cuts will take place), but boy if he actually succeded it would get the NFL interest in australia Kick started.

While on that topic i wonder if down the line someone in the nrl might try and entice a NFL player to come over and give it a crack would really help in our global conquest even if he turns into shyte (Pretty much what the 49er's will be getting out of hayne)
The only NFL player we could afford would be guys who can't make a 53 man roster. It would not even make the news in the US. It would be pointless.
The difference is NFL actually has a legitimate argument, the AFL is a game played in one country, only popular in 3 states, the NFL has an audience of about 200 million, pay their athletes $100m plus, there are Olympic calibre athletes who have tried and failed to crack it. Let's not kid ourselves, Hayne has a long long way to go to actually get on the field.
4 states. Tasmania counts.

shiznit

Coach
I honestly think he could end up at the Raiders...

It's very common that these camp deals get passed on by the original franchise and he walks up the road to the next franchise and gets a look in there..

Considering we are up the road from Santa Clara and our RB's bar young Murray are utter shite...

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Jim Caldwell and Jim Tomsula are the Matt Elliot and Paul Langmack of the NFL,Pete Carroll was the best of the coaches from the 3 teams interested.

Jarryd Hayne probably end up working at White Castle after Jim Tomsula is done with him

shiznit

Coach
Jim Caldwell and Jim Tomsula are the Matt Elliot and Paul Langmack of the NFL,Pete Carroll was the best of the coaches from the 3 teams interested.

Jarryd Hayne probably end up working at White Castle after Jim Tomsula is done with him
A bit early to say that about Tomsula IMO....

Sure, it was a bit of a WTF signing after dumping Harbaugh... But mostly I think because he wasn't well known to most people.

But I've since heard some real positive things about him from guys like Trent Dillfer & Jon Gruden.

I need to have a shower after defending a niner...

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is why Broncos supporters are so clever, so very intelligent. we live for our club, each game, and support our stars. Not some pipe-dream player who thinks he wants to try his luck in the UK, or America.

""Aussies know him and love him,
(hayne) and rightfully so. He?s your hero."" the yanks said.

Any kid in Australia wants to play Gridiron, go live in America you time wasting tits, at the age of five, and stop wasting our media space.

Hayne is dead to me. As is Sonny Bill, Israel Falou and Sam Burgess.

Hoppa has taken over Hayne's job, and their is a new sheriff in town called Valentine Holmes.
This kid wont be leaving the code for some folly called football with helmets.
I would rather repaint the fence then watch american footy.

Are you seriously comparing Holmes to Hayne?

T.S Quint

Coach

Nah.

He's in California.
In-N-Out is more likely.