What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Plane

True EEL

Bench
how did you guys watch the event? was there coverage?

One HD free to air....

Hayne looked good and had one of the best techniques, but in sprinting terms was slow out of the blocks - even with that he streeted all other league players and was barely beaten by 2 Rugby flyers who would weigh at least 10 kg lighter than the Plane

was fun to watch

Snoochies

First Grade
Did I hear correctly that someone mentioned that Humble would actually be the fastest player in our club.

mrpwnd

Bench
Hayne looks to be much better suited to long distance running, saw him edge up to Grant at around the 40m mark.
I reckon he could take 1st place if it was 400m
Barba looked to have some surprising acceleration near the end too.

Hellsy

Immortal
Gee some of you are hard to please... why wasn't this player in it? would have been better after the GF, would have been better blah blah blah
This event was not about Rugby League, it was about athletics and Hayden Knowles trying to create some excitement around something he is really passionate about by involving other sports and personalities into a gala event.

Hats off to Hayden, his heart and soul was in that event tonight and he deserves a massive amount of CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I thought it was a good idea and Jarryd Hayne can now claim the mantle as the fastest in the NRL, BTW Morris and Gardener are slower than I thought. LOL at Inglis, not even in the shot at the end.

mrpwnd

Bench
I thought it was a good idea and Jarryd Hayne can now claim the mantle as the fastest in the NRL, BTW Morris and Gardener are slower than I thought. LOL at Inglis, not even in the shot at the end.
I reckon Ridell could give Inglis some trouble.

Was surprised at Hayne's speed though, I thought he'd be on parr with the league boys, almost gave the union speedstars a run for their money.

2011 will be a cracker.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Did anyone see the award Daris Boyd won the other day, they mentioned his stats which were;

Tries - 2
Line brecks - 9
Line-break assists - 15
Try assists - 17
Offloads - 14
Ave metres 142.3

When compared to Haynes stats for the year, it shows how good Hayne is and how if doesn't do a "miracle" play each game, the media consider he is playing poorly. He are his stats;

Tries - 11
Line brecks - 17
Line-break assists - 17
Try assists - 14
Offloads - 33
Ave metres 167.36

They are amazing stats, Hayne wins in all areas except try assists. On top of those stats Hayne does more general kicking then Boyd. Everyone who thinks Hayne didn't have a good season has rocks in their head.

Bigfella

Coach
One of the nuffies in this site claims he only tries for twenty minutes a game...

Our best player by so far it isn't funny.

strider

Post Whore
I am still LOL at the interview scuffle at the end.
omg - how embarassing is that guy .... i have given him the benefit of the doubt so far when ppl have complained about him, but that little display after the race was just stupid

i don't think he even knew who won, was probably too busy yelling to watch the race - cos he first walked over to jarryd as if he was gonna interview him and jarryd was pointing to the other guy who came 2nd, so he turned to talk to him, then eventually went to turner when cordy was already lining him up to talk and then acted like a total knob and started an argument :?