What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go.......again.

webShark

Great, the ASADA investigation now moved to individual players. We are now left as the only club under suspicion or so it seems to me.

Quigs

Immortal
webby

According to the NRL no club is no longer being looked into.

Only 30 players at this point of time.

ASADA is about interview around 30 players. Grant just said.

Actually it is 31 players

Poss

Juniors
31 players to be interviewed.
This does not mean that they are guilty.
Simply interviewing these people and from there they will either get a breach notice, or they will be given the all clear.

RUBIKS

Juniors
So basically 2 weeks of bad press all internally caused.

Now we are back to "ASADA would like to interview players" which was the initial news report on the Thursday before Round 1 when all this blew up.

When will we learn to keep our traps shut.

Things may change with ASADA next week, if Rudd is back in then Julian Clare and Kate Lundy may be moved on, would then that not effect ASADA and where it is given.

We know Rudd likes some cheap pops, or in his case win some seats, saying no ASADA investigation might win him a seat or 2, i wouldn't put it past him

Feej

First Grade
I decided a week or so ago that I would make the home games a good day/night out, whatever the result. Other than that, I don't think I'll bother next year - I'm pretty munch done.

Plastered

Juniors
Shambles from the start. f**k it's going to be good for the players isn't it, games on the weekend, being interviewed by ASADA during the week. Their minds are really going to be on the job. Why the hell this couldn't have been conducted during the offseason i'll never know.

Then there's the crap about Gal possibly being called in front of the senate. He's a f**king rugby league player FFS. Ridiculous and probably just more sensationalist bollocks. No wonder the bloke looks like he is going to implode at any moment.

Anyway re: the press conference, I am not sure of Smith meant Cronulla as a club will still be under investigation, or he was referring to all the crap that has happened over the past month. Of course no-one actually asked that question. I got the impression that no club, including us, is under investigation anymore - the focus is solely now on individual players.

Another couple of months of this bullshyte to look forward to.

I decided a week or so ago that I would make the home games a good day/night out, whatever the result. Other than that, I don't think I'll bother next year - I'm pretty munch done.

I am hoping we still have the privilege of getting out and cheering our team on next year! If so I will be there as I will be this year, even though I have accepted that this year is over. It's soooooo bloody depressing.

AT least if Gall front the senate, he will speak in plain english, Gall dumb it down for the pollies tell them exactly what you think.

If he appears do they allow the public to watch like in question time

Quigs

Immortal
I've been done for more years then I care to remember. If it wasn't for my love of the Sharks then I wouldn't give two shits for the modern game and how it has been run over the past half decade or so. I am over the modern day league.

What has been the final straw is the cancer that is online gambling during the game. It has crept in over the past years and now has completely farkkked up my watching.

Other things have happened. But I have now declared that I will no longer call the major broadcaster Channel Nein, from hence on I refer to the channel as Channel Tom Waterhouse.

Seeing that little curtis on the sideline with a mic, every week hearing Rabs and Puss arse licking the little curtis during the game has done it for me.

This drugs stuff .. I can get over. I have always been of the opinion that the blokes were juicing up. Not just our mob but the whole comp has been questioned. Ive discussed this with others. I have an email dated 2009 were I and another poster in here discussed the problem.

In my mind it was going to blow.... I just didn't think we would be the #1 cab off the rank.

But the gambling thing is the real farkennn problem with the game today.

Just last sunday I was camped on my lounge watch Channel Tom Waterhouse telecast the first game of the Qld Cup. It comes on at 2pm on a Sunday arvo. It leads into the NRL sunday game (4pm). Anyhow here is me lying on the lounge watching a half decent game when straight after the halftime commentators chat this big fat slug appears on the screen like a beached whale. He is camped under the goalpost and starts given the halftime odds for the game and where to go to bet.

I just said to myself. That will do me. I got up and turned the TV off. Half a game in round one of a pretty solid competition and Im gone.

Latest posts