What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Definition Coverage

Coaster

Bench
I wonder if ch9 execs all sit around a table each week and discuss different ways they can screw rugby league?
In melbourne i bet they do just that.

no i am not joking, over half of there employees are major stakeholders in the AFL.

Including 2 club presidents

El Diablo

Post Whore
OK, now I'm really confused.

Quote from official GEM announcement on ninemsn website –

“GEM will be a mix of new content, classic comedies, cherished drama series, all-time favorite movies, and all of Nine’s sport coverage in high definition.”

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7960634

GEM: First week Guide

Friday:
7:30pm Getaway
8:30pm Holiday Showdown
9:30pm Movie

Saturday:
6:30pm Deadly Surf
7:00pm Animal Emergency
7:30pm A Year with the Royal Family
8:30pm Movie
10:45pm Movie

No sport is scheduled for its first full week.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crap, I don't even care if it's not in HD, but if it's not being screened on GEM then Melbourne will still miss out.

3 Channel 9 stations with different broadcast schedules and still we can't get rugby league before midnight

If thats not an utter f**king disgrace then I don't know what is.

Canard

Immortal
So want they just be showing it on the 9HD channel?

Obviously to us Non-NSW,QLD residents that means very little, but Im guessing its still going to be on HD for now.

Crap, I don't even care if it's not in HD, but if it's not being screened on GEM then Melbourne will still miss out.

3 Channel 9 stations with different broadcast schedules and still we can't get rugby league before midnight

If thats not an utter f**king disgrace then I don't know what is.

That doesn't matter anyway .

it's not allowed for the broadcasters to put rugby league on their HD channel ( or secondary Sd channel) if it's not on their main channel aswell.

that being said they still better sort this out , sport is made for HD broadcasting.

Canard

Immortal
Thats such a crazy rule isn't it, why is that?

And how does it work if its shown on the Main 9 channel in Sydney can it be shown on the HD Channel in Melbourne??

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ch 9 keep digging their RL telecast grave deeper and deeper. I think they're going to make a run for the next AFL contract. Goodluck AFL... you'll f**king need it!

user_nat

Coach
That is ridiculous. In regional areas, it appears it will still be shown in hd on winHD. Lucky for myself.

It's not that lucky. WIN HD looks pretty bad compared to Nine HD IMO. Anyhow, wouldn't WIN HD also change over to GEM eventually?

So much for HD sport on GEM though..

Serc

First Grade
If this is true (which it seems to be having just checked the online TV guide for Fri - http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/fri/) then this is the sort of thing that your average joe out there is going to notice, and not just our crew in here that have been picking up on these sorts of things for ages.

I am going to the game on Fri night anyway, so will be interesting to see what the fallout is like :p

andrew057

First Grade
When will gutless Dacid Gallop put his foot down?

Why hasn't he been confronted about the ridiculous hours league gets shown in Melbourne?

juro

Bench
... according to wikipedia (unreliable, I realise)...

Nine Network CEO David Gyngell stated “GEM is part of Nine’s strategy to create a cluster of complementary channels to cover all key audiences.” The channel is aimed at women over 35.

I thought that was what Go! was. Who is supposed to be watching all those episodes of the bachelor???

beave

Coach
It's not that lucky. WIN HD looks pretty bad compared to Nine HD IMO. Anyhow, wouldn't WIN HD also change over to GEM eventually?

So much for HD sport on GEM though..

yeah, WIN HD is not HD at all.................... well they don't broadcast the footy in HD on it that's for sure.

Latest posts