What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodgkinson, David Fifita, FPN

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
As for Hodkinson, i'm sold. But I was when he was at Manly.

For me, Robbo goes to hooker, he is a useless halfback, but he can pass and tackler, and provide somewhat of a dummy half kicking game.

I would be happy going into next season with TC and TH steering the ship.
There is no way I could see Robson, Morris or DeGois as being hooker options next year when you have Lichaa and Politoni (if you re-sign him)

Those two are great long term options, especially if a rotating hooker concept in the NRL side is continued.

Both are good distributors, speedy, good at dummy half runs and have handy enough kicking games (no worse than Morris and DeGois anyway).

Give them an offseason working on adding dominance to their defence and they'll be right to go for Round 1, 2014.

cb4

First Grade
I couldn't tell you too much about Politoni, all reports say he is a project player at the moment.

As for Liccha, he is a future star, no doubt about it, BUT, (imo) he needs to spend next year in NSW Cup. I would be happy to run with a Robson/Degois combo if we get Hodko, or a Degois/Utility combo if we miss out on him.

John Morris should not be re-signed. His time is up as a player for the club, but should stay on in a training capacity. There is no fitter, more dedicated person to training than him, and to have him on the coaching staff would be a valuable asset.

ice cold with the kick at the end.
good game of footy. reffs were all up in it though

the other game........

heres a spoiler

Dragons lost. Ha!

well. there were some calls weren't they.

manly had a lot of suss pens in their favour, but then got reamed by the reynolds maybe try and the barba block on the kick.

and then there was the end of the game. which was a farce.

Against both teams twas a farce.
If there was ever an inquiry into match fixing and referees, this game could be a good test case.

If Foran called Shane a farkin cheat I would tend to agree if i was in his position.
In saying that, it was clear he called "held" and they probably should not have gone on with the tackle (5th tackle too).
Problem is refs hardly ever call a penalty in extra time and the players are used to that, so it may seem a little harsh from the players perspective.
I think Toovs presso could be a dandy.

edit: and dont forget Reynolds "try", and the Barba in goal situation, both strange decisions.

Quigs

Immortal
I love it when things don't go the Hartleys of Brookvales way.

They still need about 3,682 blatant decisions to go against them to even up the ledger.

spider

Coach
reynolds had an impact last night

the no try that was given a try and the jamie soward milkman award at the end to win the game

good stuff.