What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

Special K

Coach
He was a backrower in jnrs but wants to be a centre. Scored 2 tries last week at centre for the dragons. Check out his highlights from that game if you can.

The guy is a great young player. If he stays in 20's he would have Holmes hype next year. He has signed for NRL though

Card Shark

Immortal
Looks like someone is going to miss out.

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3. Bird
4. Gordon/Leutele/Ayshford
5. Gagan

Good problem to have I guess.

We will win some games with those backs.

Inconsistent no doubt, but they will provide some exciting moments...if we can give em the pill in a bit of space.

Surely

Post Whore
1. Gordon
2. Gagan
3. Bird
4. Cant spell it
5. Feki
6. Holmes

that kid could play 6 on his ear

southland

Juniors
1) Gordon
2) Holmes
3) Feki
4) Bird / Leutele
5) Gagan

Gordon and Holmes to switch in attack and D.

Bird or Leutele fight it out too start....

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Was that the carrot?

Pretty much mate.

The promise was first grade.

Gus tried very hard to get him at the panthers and actually offered him more than what we did however Gus couldn't guarantee when he would play first grade.

As good as a ball playing backrower/lock Jack is, he sees himself as a back.

Me - in the trials why not try Homes at 5/8th and Brown at 1/2. Good chance to see if they offer anything together. It's what trials are for.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I have it on good authority the club has signed Bird NOT to play in the forwards(obviously pending injuries)

Yeah Bird said on his Twitter account that his future is in the backs. Good luck with him, shame we can't keep such a promising young talent, but hopefully he succeeds in the NRL with someone.

chewsta

First Grade
I reckon Holmes could play 6, a good one at that. Has great hands, pace and oozes X-factor. Give him the off season to learn and who knows what could happen.

Special K

Coach
Gagan, Brown, Holmes and Bird all have bright futures but are just kids. I can't see Flanno running with so many young guys at once though

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3. Bird
4. Gordon
5. Gagan

Is what I'd run. What I think we will see

1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Ayshford
4. Bird
5. M.Brown

Robson really doesn't fit this backline. Ennis will be the driver next year.

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
Anybody know who the signings announced in the next few days will be?
As stated at the end of the Bird article.

southland

Juniors
Gagan, Brown, Holmes and Bird all have bright futures but are just kids. I can't see Flanno running with so many young guys at once though

1. Holmes
2. Feki
3. Bird
4. Gordon
5. Gagan

Is what I'd run. What I think we will see

1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Ayshford
4. Bird
5. M.Brown

Elation to depression in one post... This would be a typical SF move...

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Me - in the trials why not try Homes at 5/8th and Brown at 1/2. Good chance to see if they offer anything together. It's what trials are for.

I'm all for trying new things mate but doing that would potentially mean we have two halves that can't kick in general play. Nu only has a short kicking game. The hole left by Carney is massive in relation to general kicking. Holdsworth would be the best general play kicker at the club which doesn't say too much.

I really hope we are still chasing Reynolds. He is the type of player our club needs ASAP.

carcharias

Immortal
No one rates Loots? I think he is a gun. I think he will be second picked in the back line.

I picked loots.

Holmes can play wing until Gordon gets hurt.
He is still young .

Gagan earned his spot
Feki also must keep a spot

Gordon has to play .

I can't find a spot for m brown or
Ayshford
Or wright??? Has he gone???

I haven't seen bird yet.

I reckon Gotdon to the wing and nobody misses out cos Bird will end up in the second row or bench.

Holmes better prospect than Gordon. Someone asked if he gave us a better chance of winning. Well Gordon at FB got us the spoon. Holmes probably got the best try strike rate at the club. Lot of upside to Holmes. Halves are now a priority. This years Top 4 all have 2 decent halves. Souths maybe 3. Only 1 will be premiers. Robson has and never will cut it at the elite level. That being despite him performing at a level I never thought possible and putting his body on the line big time.

Brown has to quickly become the equal of Maloney or Foran for us to challenge. Seriously,Isakaoo? Your having a laugh. Flanno wouldn't 'risk' Peachey. Let alone a kid with 6 games under his belt. Won't see him for years.

Ah well Flanno back eventually and Steve Price may join. Attacking masterminds?

If you think that Gordon playing full back for us "got us the spoon", you are, and believe me I mean this in the nicest possible way, a f**king moron.

Latest posts