What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How 2015 Is Shaping Up

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Looks like the average age of our top 25 might drop by a couple of years next year with the inclusion of val,nu,bird,gagan,polotini etc. and the retirement of a few old timers. Starting to get a bit interested in the possibility of a pacey backline for the first time since E.t and peachy and co.....young mans game now....bring it on!

webShark

If you think that Gordon playing full back for us "got us the spoon", you are, and believe me I mean this in the nicest possible way, a f**king moron.

Thanks Gregos.

To explain , I meant playing Gordon at FB hasn't been a mass success. Bit hard for a brain like you to figure out. Not blaming Gordon in any way. Had him second in player of the year. However, I do not think he is not dynamic enough in attack. It is unlikely he would ever not be in my starting team. But Holmes is young, scored tries and is evasive in the manner of Milford. All I am hinting for Gordon is a change of position to see if it works.

I thought what got us the spoon was getting caught by ASADA. This led to poor recuitment,3 coaches ,low morale and TC going off the rails.

For us simpletons , what did get us the spoon?

Card Shark

Immortal
No one rates Loots? I think he is a gun. I think he will be second picked in the back line.

I rate him big time!

He was out all last year, so had to start again this year.

He will go from strength to strength with a full season / off season under his belt.

We need ET back in the club occasionally to give the young centres some tips.

I didn't change the quote, Webby. You typed that about Gordon, not me. You can hardly post that and then get all snippy because I dont read between your sour lines.

I'll grab some lemons for you mate, you're that sour you could suck on them and sweeten up.

ghoti

Bench
We have a solid backline but are so short on halves it's not funny...Brown wasn't ready this year but next year will be easier for him. Robbo does the job, but what happens if he gets injured? Who the hell is next on the list? We are reeeeeally desperate for a half. Even Sam Williams was worth making a play for. I have no idea what the club is planning, but I can't see a good combo in what we have...

Great pack, solid backs, fugg all halves and a ninkempoop at the reins. Looooooow hopes.

We have Bird wanting to play in the backs, not sure on his kicking game but how about this backline next year, its not a Flanno style though, we could see how this works in the trials

1. Holmes
2. Gordon
3. Gagan
4. Leutele
5. Feki
6. Bird
7. Brown

RUBIKS

Juniors
How can we sign a kid with the promise of a 1st grade spot, when we haven't even spoken to the coach (allegedly) or know what his intentions are for next year?

What we'll see:

1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Ayshford
4. Lutelle
5. M.Brown

What I want to see:

1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Gagan
4. Lutelle
5. Holmes

With Holmes and Gordon swapping during the game.

Why not look at Jamie Buhrer, considering we have backs with some speed Buhrer gets offloads away and play multiple positions, i know we dont have great success rate signing Manly players, but he could be very good player for us and is only 24

Card Shark

Immortal
Unfortunately Brett might be going to the Dogs.

Dragons have given him permission to test the water, even with a year to go on his contract .

chewsta

First Grade
What I want to see:

1. Gordon
2. Feki
3. Gagan
4. Lutelle
5. Holmes

Ide be happy to see that combination given a few games too.

Another positive I see with that backline is the flexibility in those 5 players. Gordon and Holmes can alternate succesfully at the back. While the other 3 can swap comfortably between centre and wing at any time. When the inevitable hamstring injury happens to one of them. we bring in Mitch Brown and have minimal disruptions to the backline.

Unfortunately, Flanno wont see the potential in that backline. Plus I doubt Mitch Brown was bought back to play reggies.

dellul

Juniors
brown and robson will be ok in the halfs next year. Brown was a bit of a organiser in the 20's, so a year with robson should be good for him.

I'd be looking at signing blake austin for next year, he's a good utility player, can play in the half's and won't be expensive.

Latest posts